Parking at Southampton

virginvirgo

They say they are Southampton's 'only' meet and greet service. This is exactly what CPS are. The company have therefore lied on their website and for this reason I'm out.

They appear to be a rep for many other companies and are based in an office in Leeds.

They are also only £2 a day cheaper than CPS.

No thanks.

Edited by Thejuggler

Thanks very much Juggler, I must admit I did notice this and thought ermmmmm, but wanted to see if anyone had actually used them! Given so many people here have used CPS and they are reliable is it worth the risk?! So sound advice :)

Hi All :)

Sure this has been discussed many times before but I was wondering if anyone had used this company?

http://www.stressfreeairportparking.com/quote

They seem a lot cheaper than CPS but are they any good/reliable?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

There's been a few "meet & greet" companies spring up for Southampton cruisers this year, I've not heard of this one. And I can guarantee they've started in Southampton in just the past week or so.

Doubtless some meet & greet businesses are reliable.

But I guarantee these morons are not :mad:

Their website gives directions to Southampton Port.

Except it doesn't.

It gives directions to Marchwood Military Port, on the opposite side of Southampton Water :rolleyes:

http://www.stressfreeairportparking.com/southampton-port-parking

Never mind, bookmark it in case you get called-up for Afghanistan. :D

But in the meantime I suggest you steer clear of these clueless clowns.

Official port parking is extremely secure & efficient. Unfortunately its also pretty expensive.

A little cheaper, but professional & secure, is http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/port-parking/southampton/cruise-parking.html

Their site is, by co-incidence, not far from the Military Port, and involves a 20 minute minibus transfer. Trouble-free, other than a few gripes about waiting for a transfer minibus at busy times.

Or try http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/parking/hampshire/southampton-11/?gclid=CO-iit2Xya8CFUsMtAodczEUYA

This is local residents earning a few bob by parking cars in their drives. Most offer at least one-way transfers to the cruise terminals.

Or if you live up-north, consider a night in a Southampton hotel, with free cruise parking. This is hotel carparks, so not in a secure compound, but I've never heard of any problems.

http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk/site/cruise-passenger-and-crew-information/pre-cruise-hotel-deals

JB :)

Ah thanks Guys good advice there and I tend to agree the company sounds VERY "iffy".

All booked with CPS and everything printed off, what we spend on parking, we can save by taking Wine Boxes :D as you rightly point out who wants the hassle on embarking and disembarking day?! Especially if we our newbies to it ALL.

• 6 months later...

Yes used parking for cruises last year for 16 nights. We had no problems . Phoned them up as we were arriving at the port and again as we were about to disembark. Had made a note of our mileage before leaving the car .milage on return was what we had expected.

Edited by funfan
Wrong firm

OK so perhaps I am being tight but both Parking4Cruises and EZEParking are over a UKP100 less than CPS for the Aurora Eastern Med cruise this month. That's quite a few bevvies! Anyone had experience of either?:confused:

we have used parking4cruises last cruise we did, no problems. I have read other reviews of them, also no problem.

ezeparking not such good news i'm afraid. I read some realy dire reviews for them. I have never used them. We are on this cruise and were going to use parking4cruises again, however have decided to go for a hotel and park this time.

I have used parking for cruises and highly recommend them, they were there to greet us in the short stay car park opposite the mayflower terminal and on return was told they would be in the same place. We told them we may want to self disembark this was no problem to them they said if we were to do this just ring them half hour before which we did. I have booked them for my next cruise, I found the experience easier than the CPS although I have no complaints about them. My friends have used parking for cruises on several occasions without any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the advice.

I have taken the plunge and booked with Parking4Cruises.

Here's hoping.:rolleyes:

Parking4Cruises were great and I will definitely use them again. Drop of luggage at P&O , drive 50 yards to Short term parking where met by pleasant helpful chap who takes keys. Walk 50 yards across to P&O. Reverse procedure on return. Seamless. And half price of CPS.

Parking4Cruises were great and I will definitely use them again. Drop of luggage at P&O , drive 50 yards to Short term parking where met by pleasant helpful chap who takes keys. Walk 50 yards across to P&O. Reverse procedure on return. Seamless. And half price of CPS.

Always wary of meeting at a short term car park. Where is your car stored, and what is the mileage covered between leaving the car and picking it up? Not saying your car is used, probably isn't, but with CPS you can see where your car is parked when you are on the ship. I'll stick to the tried and tested.

Hi All :)

Sure this has been discussed many times before but I was wondering if anyone had used this company?

http://www.stressfreeairportparking.com/quote

They seem a lot cheaper than CPS but are they any good/reliable?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Just used them for the Azura cruise....excellent....meet them/drop off car in the shortstay carpark - couple of hundred yards or so from the ship....give them a bell as your getting off and the car's there waiting for you...they give you 3 quid to get through the barrier and you're on your way...polite, efficient...will certainly use them again

• 2 months later...

We've just booked Parking4cruises for our 13 night fjords cruise at the end of May. The charge was £95 whereas CPS were £138. That's a big saving and Parking4cruises have a lot of satisfied customers so we're happy with our choice. :)

• 2 years later...

My wife and I have been regular cruise passengers for over 6 years now ( 2 a year ) and over that time I think we have used the services of all or most car parking firms.

When we first started cruising we used CPS and they do a good job but on return we were handed a slip of paper and told to go find our car amongst a sea of parked vehicles we were wandering around for ages until we found it , it would have been helpful if someone could have taken us to where our car was parked ! After that we booked with cruise parking in the short stay car park for our next cruise and I have to say it was pretty straight forward after dropping off our cases we went in to the short stay car park and saw the flag flying the car was booked in keys taken and all very swift . however on return from our holiday we were expecting our car to be where we left it but we were put in to a minibus and driven to another part of southampton to get our car ( after waiting for other passengers to join us )

so now we use parking4cruises ( cheaper ) you simply drop off the cases go in to the car park and they book you in taking lots of photographs and the mileage !!! and when you return from holiday they are there waiting with your keys with a smile even opening the boot for us very helpful and polite . as point of note we had a cruise and fly home return to heathrow and had to pick the car up from the parking4cruises office and I can confirm that the yard was very full of cars, secure and no sign of any on street parking like so many horror storys you hear these days . I always make a note of my mileage when leaving the car and my mileage was 1.5 more than when i dropped it off !!!

will be booking with them again from now on

You cant always see where your car isi parked with CPS, as if you come back to a different terminal, they move them.

We have used Parking4cruises and found them excellent. My mileage was taken when I handed the car over and I think there was 2 miles on it when I got back. Pictures were taken of the whole car as well. It was much cheaper than CPS

Edited by jeanlyon

Have just discovered new parking operation. cruiseparksouthampton.co.uk

Undercover parking with taxis used to take you to the port so no waiting for a minibus. According to postcode very close to terminals.

You have to email for a quote but for 14 nights from 6 March (P&O Ventura to Iberia and Madeira) they quoted me £105. Even offered a £5 discount for 2 places booked together as we are travelling with another couple who need to take their car.

Alternative would be Airlynx Parking who park you at the airport and shuttle you in (15 mins) at £88 for the same 2 weeks.

No reviews online yet for cruisepark. Several for Airlynx, mostly good but one very bad one.