Interior with walkway - Chair for deck?

dznymom

I am thinking of upgrading from my porthole room to an interior walkway room. I love the idea of access to an outside deck, as well as a picture window for light and maybe glances of the ocean. From what I have read, most of the decks don't have any seating except for some benches that store lifevests. I am thinking of bringing a small canvas folding chair - you know, the ones that fold up and slip into a bag. Do you think there would be any problem bringing that out there on a nice day and having coffee and reading??

If you're talking about a balcony room, then you will have (on a standard balcony) two chairs and a small table. Sometimes the extended balcony's may have three chairs, and the premium ones will sometimes have a lounger... standard balcony's will have the two chairs and a table though.

balcony1.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

If you're talking about a balcony room, then you will have (on a standard balcony) two chairs and a small table. Sometimes the extended balcony's may have three chairs, and the premium ones will sometimes have a lounger... standard balcony's will have the two chairs and a table though.

Enjoy your cruise!

No, I am solo this trip so I am not splurging for a balcony, This would be one of the cabins in the very front of the ship that have a window overlooking a public (but seemingly underutilized) forward deck.

I am thinking of upgrading from my porthole room to an interior walkway room. I love the idea of access to an outside deck, as well as a picture window for light and maybe glances of the ocean. From what I have read, most of the decks don't have any seating except for some benches that store lifevests. I am thinking of bringing a small canvas folding chair - you know, the ones that fold up and slip into a bag. Do you think there would be any problem bringing that out there on a nice day and having coffee and reading??

I know exactly what kind of room you are talking about:)

While this is not a factual answer, I can't IMAGINE that it would be an issue!

I have been on those secret decks on occasion and have seen a chair left there. I think it is one that someone brought up from another deck or from someones balcony.

I dont see why they would care as long as you dont leave it out unattended.

Not sure what an interior walkway room is. What ship and what room number?

I believe this person is talking about the 4J category.

Yes, this would be a 4J on the Glory. 6201-6206 and 7201-7206 are mostly available and I am intrigued after reading reports and seeing pictures.

I know exactly what kind of room you are talking about:)

While this is not a factual answer, I can't IMAGINE that it would be an issue!

I have been on those secret decks on occasion and have seen a chair left there. I think it is one that someone brought up from another deck or from someones balcony.

I dont see why they would care as long as you dont leave it out unattended.

I can't see where there'd be a problem, but if turns out to be a no-no, you'd at least have your own chair. That'd show those darn chogs. ;)

I think I will give it a try since I am driving to the port and it's only a 5 nighter, so I can actually fit it in my suitcase. All of the pictures I have seen of the forward decks have no chairs, and at most one or two people so it doesn't seem it would bother anyone. BUT, I can just imagine if people started bringing their own chairs to the Lido deck that there would be pandemonium, so if it is an issue, I won't be surprised or upset :)

The 4J rooms are great. ALWAYS get it when we are on the Glory or Splendor. So nice to go out on that enormous balcony and take pictures of the sunrise, sunset, going into ports and leaving ports. Very rarely is there anyone out there. We absolutely love these rooms. PLUS...you are paying for an INTERIOR room. (this is how it is categorized) when booking a room. They usually sell out extremely fast because so many people have caught on to them. HAPPY CRUISING.

We love these rooms as well and have one booked on an upcoming Valor cruise.

These outside decks can get very windy when sailing so not sure how comfortable to sit there. Also the railing is solid and maybe 4 feet high so when sitting you may not be able to see over it if that is important.

Otherwise, I'm sure it would not be a problem to have your own chair.

We loved going out onto the deck as the ship was pulling in or out of port, amazing views!!

These cabins are great value. We found them small though, they would not be as big as the porthole cabin (no sofa, not much floor space around the bed). The outside ones on deck 6 and 7 are for guests in wheelchairs.

I don't think it would be a problem. We were on the Triumph last year and we had a forward cabin on the Lido deck. The Lido deck had access to the same kind of deck you are referring to. However they did have a few lounge chairs on each side of the deck on our sailing. We spent a lot of time there. Not many people ever came up there. It is very windy though.

http://www.cruiselinerooms(dot)com/view_room.php?r_id=125563 (cut and paste into browser and then delete and replace the (dot) with .

The above link is a room on the Magic that sounds like what you are talking about. They didn't have a sofa or chair in their cabin so bringing your own might be a good idea for inside use as well!

While we have booked a balcony room on our next cruise, we are excited to be close to such a "secret deck" and hope it will be as quiet as we have heard they tend to be!

Thanks for the comments and pictures! I just got off the line with my awesome PVP and booked it :) Although the room looks a little on the small side, and I might miss the couch a wee bit, since I am solo it's really not a big deal. Now to just hope the weather is nice, the wind is reasonable and they leave the doors unlocked!

One last question since I haven't cruised Carnival for awhile. Will I have a fridge in the room?

Thanks for the comments and pictures! I just got off the line with my awesome PVP and booked it :) Although the room looks a little on the small side, and I might miss the couch a wee bit, since I am solo it's really not a big deal. Now to just hope the weather is nice, the wind is reasonable and they leave the doors unlocked!

One last question since I haven't cruised Carnival for awhile. Will I have a fridge in the room?

All cabins on Glory have mini-fridges.

have a great cruise!

The Victory last year had lounges stacked on the secret decks. It is to windy to really sit out there while underway and I felt it was to hot to just sit while in port, but the decks are nice for sail a way and into ports.

Just remember to close the first door before opening the second door to the decks!

Enjoy the 4j's they are great!

Im thinking you mean 4Js?

You can go out there even if you keep your port hole. Its open to everyone, and if they put their face up against the window they can see into your cabin so you cant dress with the curtains open.

Its a public deck open to everyone, and if you are next to the door, the sound of the door slamming might be a bother, but the port holes can be noisy too from waves.

You do know the wall is pretty high right outside your window and you might or might not be able to see over it and actually see the ocean, depending on how tall you are when you are in your cabin.

I doubt anyone would mind you putting a chair outside when you are there to sit on it. Cant just leave it out of course or it would walk off.

If you are thinking of sitting out there doing a sea day, it gets very windy. Thats the reason they do not have chairs out there. We have had several of the 4J's and all the decks we have been on has had a bench or two out there (bolted down). Sitting, you will not see much as the wall is about 4' tall. But you could bring your chair and try it. Very few people use these decks.

I have read that the bridge is right over these 4J cabins and that they require you to turn off the lights in your cabin or close the curtains at night to keep the front of the ship dark. The darkness keeps the eyes of the lookout bridge officer adjusted for the darkness. Your steward will even come close your curtain in the evening for this purpose.

Any truth to this or possibly just Carnival folklore?

We had one of these cabins when we were on the Splendor last time. We loved it! Paying for an inside cabin and being able to have a window for the light in the daytime and somewhat of a view. We also enjoyed going out there on deck from time to time. It was on this deck that for some reason I looked straight down and we saw our first dolphin pod racing along in the ship's wake! It was a thrill I will never forget! I definitely would recommend these cabins!

Archived