First Upgrade Email..Whata you think?

INTERLINER13

So I got two emails from Carnival today. They are the 1st offers I have ever got from them. One was to upgrade to a higher level interior for $20.00(I was thinking I would go 4J, and be able to walk out on deck.) My other option is to go to Oceanview for $40.00. Or I can stay where I am in a 4a, way in the aft. What would you do?

So I got two emails from Carnival today. They are the 1st offers I have ever got from them. One was to upgrade to a higher level interior for $20.00(I was thinking I would go 4J, and be able to walk out on deck.) My other option is to go to Oceanview for $40.00. Or I can stay where I am in a 4a, way in the aft. What would you do?

Snag that OV

I would suggest changing too, especially since your not really happy about the current cabin you have. As far as a higher level interior vs. OV, I'd say it would kind of depend on the cabin & which you might prefer.

Is the OV on a higher level as well? I like being on the higher level as its easier to use the stairs to get around, but I like the natural light an OV offers, that why I always try to get a PH when we sail the Fantasy Class ships.

I also like having a big window to stare out at the waves, watch lightening over the ocean when in bed and to store things on the shelf.

On our Destiny we chose an inside up high (floor 7 I believe) over the OV on the 2nd floor for ease of getting around and we loved the location and we slept better then ever being that it was really dark until you turn the lights on!

It all depends on whats more important, but I would definately take one of them since you dont like the location you have now!

The oceanview would be on deck 2. The only 4Js available, are on deck 6 and 7. They are the odd shaped ones, and are HC cabins. They will put you in the HC cabin, but if needed they will move me. Ive always wanted to try the cabins in the front of the ship. Its my favorite place, and people hardly go up there after you depart.

I called Carnival and took the 4J. I went from cabin 1454 to 7205. 7205 is a HC cabin, but I do mock bookings all the time to see whats available. If I see another 4J open up I will move to open a HC cabin up, but at least I grabbed the upgrade to get me into the category. I still have a window to let light in, and can walk out on deck easy enough.

I always stand on the forward decks to watch it leave port, and always thought it would be cool to have a room up there. So I will give it a try.

I was suprised to get the email, as the cost to upgrade is much less then if I booked a new reservation. I wonder how they work the upgrades?

Interliner, did you book through a PVP or TA?? Just curious becasue we are on the same cruise and I was trying to get an OV toward the middle of the ship and they said it was not available.

I always book through Carnival directly, unless I can find a better deal with a TA.(It does happen sometimes, but not often.)

This upgrade is for another cruise in June on the Glory. This is the 1st time I have ever got an email, so I dont know what the trick is to get them to call/email. I did have the last available 4a, and it held 3 people(we are 2).

I didnt get any offers on our cruise on the Elation. Awhile back I did notice the price go down, and was able to move from the upper/lower on deck 1, to a regular interior midship upper. I do mock bookings often to see whats available, the ship has been looking pretty full the last few weeks, so they most likely did not have anything to offer. Less then 24 hours, enjoy the cruise!

Archived