Hotel jazz

onebzyldy

Just booked this hotel for our cruise in August. 1670 people cant be wrong on tripadvisor. Ive booked many a hotel room just by trusting the reviews and its turned out great.

Heres the link with tons of real guest pictures and stuff.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d296916-Reviews-Hotel_Jazz-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Just booked this hotel for our cruise in August. 1670 people cant be wrong on tripadvisor. Ive booked many a hotel room just by trusting the reviews and its turned out great.

Heres the link with tons of real guest pictures and stuff.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d296916-Reviews-Hotel_Jazz-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Quick question :confused:

I am considering booking with EXPEDIA, has anyone used them b4 ? Are they a reputable company. They seem to have the best rate for this hotel so far that I can find.

Happy Cruising....

DonnaF :D

I am considering booking with EXPEDIA, has anyone used them b4 ? Are they a reputable company. They seem to have the best rate for this hotel so far that I can find.

Happy Cruising....

We use Expedia all the time to book travel (air and hotels) and have never had a problem. We are also using Expedia to book our Barcelona hotel. Don't hesitate to book with them.

Happy Cruising....

I have also used Expedia many times and never had an issue!

Never had a problem with Expedia but sometimes I have gotten better deals by dealing directly with the hotel via their website.

This being not the case this time ;) and I do prefer dealing directly with them as well.

Much better deal with Expedia for this one.

I guess I will bite the bullet and book with Expedia, I am just concerned in case there are any hidden hotel charges that will not be covered with Expedia as it is made mention of such on Expedia.

Happy Cruising.......

I don't think anyone has answered you yet who has stayed at the Jazz, so I'll have a bash.

The Jazz is a very pleasant, boutique-style hotel not far from Placa Catalunya. The rooms are not huge by American standards, but are well appointed. We loved the bathroom. Also, many American's don't like how weak the a/c is in some hotels. We accidentally turned our room into a freezer, so I can assure you it works.

There's a pleasant rooftop pool which we didn't take a dip in but did pull up a chair by to look over at the city. IIRC some of the more expensive rooms have patios leading out to the pool, but we didn't have one of those.

We've seen some reviews complaining about the rumble of the metro under the hotel, but we stayed on the sixth floor and didn't hear a thing. In fact, even though there was a big party in Catalunya we didn't hear it. We had lovely big windows overlooking the street, but not much of a view.

An easy way of getting to the Jazz is to take the aerobus from the airport, but get off at the stop before Catalunya. It's really easy. The hotel arranged us a taxi to the port and it was timely and the concierge told us when it was there.

There's a metro station right by the hotel which we used for convenience. We also used the bigger station at Catalunya as it had a wider choice of lines. The buses in the area are also good.

Hope that helps!

I used a link from the Hotel Jazz page on Trip Advisor for 10% off and I got the room for 103 Euros! That was the best rate I could find.

Does anyone know how much the taxi fare is from there to the port?

I used a link from the Hotel Jazz page on Trip Advisor for 10% off and I got the room for 103 Euros! That was the best rate I could find.

Does anyone know how much the taxi fare is from there to the port?

I just checked [got very excited] and the 10% off only applies to bookings of minimum 2 nights :(

Did you book for 2 nights ? We are only looking for one night pre cruise.

Happy Cruising......

I just checked [got very excited] and the 10% off only applies to bookings of minimum 2 nights :(

Did you book for 2 nights ? We are only looking for one night pre cruise.

Happy Cruising......

Oh - sorry - I didn't know realize there was a minimum stay since we are staying 3 nights. Good luck and happy cruising!

I just noticed this thread. We stayed at Hotel Jazz last September based on tripadvisor reviews. It was very nice - I would definitely recommend it and I would stay there again. It is a very convenient location. I like my room very cool and do not remember a problem. As someone else mentioned, be sure to check out the rooftop pool. There is a little bar up there and they serve the best sangria ever!

We stayed in Jazz last October. Great hotel. We have also booked with Expedia several times and are very pleased with their service. From Hotel Jazz to the port we paid 20 Euros, including tip.

Screwcork

Wondering a few things about this hotel.

1.) Did anyone stay here in later october and can vouch that the hotel kept the AC on? The last hotel we stayed at in barcelona was 85 degrees inside because they had the AC off because it was 10/20 and they thought it wasn't needed since it was cooler outside, but that didn't make the room cooler.

2.) The rooms list that they are all smoking, is that true? If so, did anyone who is sensitive to smoke have issues in the room they were given or are they well maintained in that respect?

Thanks!

Wondering a few things about this hotel.

1.) Did anyone stay here in later october and can vouch that the hotel kept the AC on? The last hotel we stayed at in barcelona was 85 degrees inside because they had the AC off because it was 10/20 and they thought it wasn't needed since it was cooler outside, but that didn't make the room cooler.

2.) The rooms list that they are all smoking, is that true? If so, did anyone who is sensitive to smoke have issues in the room they were given or are they well maintained in that respect?

Thanks!

I am able to detect the faintest smell of smoke, so yes, , our room faintly smelled of smoke. Not enough to be a deal breaker for me, but yes, I could smell that there had been a smoker there at one time.

Stayed at the Jazz this summer for three days pre-cruise and one post-cruise. First three nights stayed on The 4th floor, and last night on The 3rd. On the lower floor we could hear the rumbling of the metro. It was annoying but we were exhausted from our cruise, so we dealt with it. I forget our actual room number but we were facing the street (on the 4th floor we were facing the courtyard). Other than that, I liked the location, it was clean, the rooftop pool was nice, and they let us check in several hours before we were scheduled to. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I am able to detect the faintest smell of smoke, so yes, , our room faintly smelled of smoke. Not enough to be a deal breaker for me, but yes, I could smell that there had been a smoker there at one time.

Thanks for the input.

I wrote to them last night and they say that the entire hotel is non smoking. Was that not the case when you stayed there, do you happen to know?

For those keeping score, they also told me that AC/Heat is available year round, so hopefully I will not have the issue I had at Catalonia Portal D'Angel (formerly Catalonia Albinoni). That place was really nice otherwise, and i would have loved to have gone back, but can't chance the AC situation.

I'm not cruising until May, 2013 on the Carnival Sunshine & have been doing research on hotels in Barcelona. The Hotel Jazz is SOLD OUT in May 2013. This seems strange. I was really hoping to book a room at Hotel Jazz prior to my cruise. Can anyone give me any input? Thanking you in advance.....Joanne

Thanks for the input.

I wrote to them last night and they say that the entire hotel is non smoking. Was that not the case when you stayed there, do you happen to know?

For those keeping score, they also told me that AC/Heat is available year round, so hopefully I will not have the issue I had at Catalonia Portal D'Angel (formerly Catalonia Albinoni). That place was really nice otherwise, and i would have loved to have gone back, but can't chance the AC situation.

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz pre and post cruise in June 2010. They may have changed their policy in two years.

I'm not cruising until May, 2013 on the Carnival Sunshine & have been doing research on hotels in Barcelona. The Hotel Jazz is SOLD OUT in May 2013. This seems strange. I was really hoping to book a room at Hotel Jazz prior to my cruise. Can anyone give me any input? Thanking you in advance.....Joanne

It may be too early to book for 2013. It's probably a default setting.

Can anyone tell me which to book...Hotel Jazz or El Palace. We cannot make up our minds. :rolleyes: We can get a JS at Hotel Jazz for the same price of a regular room at El Palace, but the baths at El Palace look larger and nicer. Plus, the rooms are fairly large and more old world (which we like) versus the contemporary room at Hotel Jazz. Anyone stayed at both?

Also, are the JS's at Hotel Jazz really worth the extra money? Are the bathrooms larger than the normal baths that I am seeing on Tripadvidor? Do all rooms at Hotel Jazz have Juliett balconies? Do any rooms have larger balconies?

ThAnK YOU.

The bathroom in a regular Hotel Jazz room was at least 4 times as big as the bathroom in our balcony cabin on RCI Brilliance.

I thought the entire size of the room was more than adequate.

Archived