Fascination missed HMC

Cristallo

Currently on the Fascination and we missed HMC.....I swear I'm cursed...this is the second time on this ship that we've missed HMC. What is so strange about it is that we were standing on our balcony and while the weather looked bad we could see clear skys behind the island. The Half Moon Cutter was along side the ship unloading supplies.

I guess Fascincation says they visit HMC. Well I'm off figure out what to do at the wonderful port that is Freeport..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Currently on the Fascination and we missed HMC.....I swear I'm cursed...this is the second time on this ship that we've missed HMC. What is so strange about it is that we were standing on our balcony and while the weather looked bad we could see clear skys behind the island. The Half Moon Cutter was along side the ship unloading supplies.

I guess Fascincation says they visit HMC. Well I'm off figure out what to do at the wonderful port that is Freeport..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:eek: not once, but twice, what a shame! know that it'd be the highpoint of any itinerary for me.

Same thing happened to us 2 weeks ago. They were already unloading supplies, and then the Captain announced they were canceling the stop because of high winds.

Did they add a new stop for you? They added Freeport on our last Sea Day.

Oh No, a friend of ours is on that cruise. Tell Boo I'm so sorry to hear this.

Sorry for everyones disappointment.

Cari & Rick

Oh no. That is our itinerary in a couple of weeks.

I wonder what it would take for HAL/Carnival to build a pier they could dock at, like Disney does at Castaway Cay?

I wish they would. It would be different if it only happened a few times but I've seen over and over on the boards where they skip the island...

On a bright note they gave us back the 2 hours they took from us in Nassau....wasn't that nice of them.

And our roll call had booked the Oasis...double frownie face.

I wonder what it would take for HAL/Carnival to build a pier they could dock at, like Disney does at Castaway Cay?

They will have to dredge a new channel and that may affect marine life near the island

It is a tender port, when there is choppy seas they don't run the tender boats

Nope, the sea's had calmed down. The island was overcast but sunny so had we waited maybe 30 mins it would have been perfect. Instead they decided to turn into the storm and away from the calm but overcast island. I watched the cuttler leave and they sailed toward the island fine with not a white cap to be seen.

HAL also misses stopping in HMC from time to time.

We were scheduled for a port stop there on a HAL ship ... but, it was too rainy and windy. We wouldn't have gotton off the ship anyway. :rolleyes:

Happily, we were able to go to HMC on our Carnival cruise.

Nope, the sea's had calmed down. The island was overcast but sunny so had we waited maybe 30 mins it would have been perfect. Instead they decided to turn into the storm and away from the calm but overcast island. I watched the cuttler leave and they sailed toward the island fine with not a white cap to be seen.

:rolleyes: And what if the weather turned bad in a hour or two at HMC?? how are they going to get you back on the ship?

While I understand you anger unless you had a 12 hour weather forecast in front of you, then it is impossible to have any idea what the sea conditions would be at departure time. it doesn't do a lot of good to get everyone ashore and have them stranded.

Yeah, I am planning to have an idea of what to do in Freeport and I am not going to get too excited about HMC for our sailing in Sept. It happens too often to count on being able to go. I will just view it as a nice surprise if we actually make it there.

They lease the island from the Bahamas, they don't own it. So my guess would be building a pier would violate their lease. Just a guess.

We checked the radar from the weather service and the low that was over the area is moving west AWAY from HMC and towards Nassau. We would have had clear skies.

Oh well nothing to be done but it's just a shame that they continue to sell it as a stop at HMC when most likely you wont be able to stop. It seems like Fascination more then most miss the island.

We checked the radar from the weather service and the low that was over the area is moving west AWAY from HMC and towards Nassau. We would have had clear skies.

Oh well nothing to be done but it's just a shame that they continue to sell it as a stop at HMC when most likely you wont be able to stop. It seems like Fascination more then most miss the island.

I understand your upset, but you most likely WILL be able to stop, you've just had bad luck. No reason to torture yourself looking at the weather, it's the Capt. call and you have to just live with it.

I'm sorry for everyone who has missed this beautiful port, but I don't think it's really that common for them to miss it.

I've had 4 cruises that went there, and have never missed it. I"ve been in January, May, June and October. Three of those trips were on the Fascination. Guess I've just been lucky! ;)

I know we are all told not to book a cruise for a particular port because itineraries can always change, but let's face it....when you book a cruise to Half Moon Cay, that's where you really want to go!

Funny thing is, I have only been here on CC for about a month and a half, and only in the last week or so have I seen any mention of missing HMC, and most say it is pretty common... I am hoping for calm seas and good weather at the end of May!!

I also read that HAL (Carnival) owns HMC out-right....

On any of the private islands that you tender to the island you run a rick of not going. We are 2 for 2 on private island stops.

We are scheduled to be there this coming Sat. Hope that the weather clears up by then. I booked the Ecstasy just for the HMC stop. I wonder if they would go to Freeport or just have another day at sea. We will be in Nassau on Fri.

We are cruising on the Fascination in June and Im getting more and more afraid that we are going to miss the port! We are really looking forward to HMC so Im going to just keep my fingers crossed!

Archived