What is one thing you like least about a cruise?

Crowds come with cruising, so I don't mind that too much.

Smoking - don't care for the smell of cigars but in general, smokers don't bother me.

Chair Hogs - wish they wouldn't do that, but it's not the hill I want to die on.

I'm even okay with waiting in long lines until the line jumpers show up. A spouse, travel partner and/or child joining up is tolerable to me, but a bunch of people squeezing in, that ticks me off. And what can you really do about it unless you're willing to speak up and deal with the consequences of having a confrontation?

Like the very least - Can't kick dh out of the room when he's snoring like I can at home! BUT, now that I've read the other thread about sleeping on the Serenity Deck, that might not be a problem.

The singing and dancing by the waiters. I know some people love it, but I prefer to have my dinner and that's it. Also the photographers in the dining room. I don't mind them in the lounge or on the deck....but not in the dining room.

I agree - I can remember enjoying the singing my first few cruises, but after that I just wanted to get my dessert:D:D

Another thing I usually dislike is trying to find a seat in the buffet when you first board - everyone is sitting around hogging the tables while waiting for their cabins to be ready. It can be VERY frustrating and a horrid way to start a cruise:eek:

Iwish Carnival would do more over nite stops like in Nassau. Would love to have more time in either St Thomas or St Maarteen. Really hate to leave my pup for a week but she is well cared for.

It is probably quite expensive to dock overnight, which is why they don't do it.

I don't like the waiting to get on the ship that very first day! Sad when we have to get off of it for the last time but we are already talking about our next cruise! So we build the excitement while we are on the plane, talking and planning! :p

I don't like short port days. I get it when there's a long distance to travel to the next port, but when you can practically spit to the next port and you know the captain's doing donuts around the island all night or just drifting along to kill time, it ticks me off. We had to leave by 4pm why, exactly? And we arrive at noon because...?

I really dislike the iced tea on board on Lido and in the MDR. It's awful and just insulting to any true Southerner.

LOL...You guys drink sugar water with a hint of tea flavoring.

I don't like short port days. I get it when there's a long distance to travel to the next port, but when you can practically spit to the next port and you know the captain's doing donuts around the island all night or just drifting along to kill time, it ticks me off. We had to leave by 4pm why, exactly? And we arrive at noon because...?

agreed!

I wish the time at a port was extended so you are able to visit multiple sites. I love the Western Caribbean because of the Mayan ruins. There is usually time to see only one. I saw a Bermuda itinerary that was in port for 3 days. I would just rather spend 2 days in a port I like than visiting 3 ports for a short period of time. On the other hand I would be happy with just sea days. It's more relaxing to spend days on the ship vs.spending a day on the run.

I agree with additional time in the ports. Hard sells on products. Lines.

Archived