Little French Key?

Messunderstood

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I'm getting excited. We always bring tons of ones, so that won't be a problem. I do have a question though. Others have mentioned that they charge a really high "tax" rate on their food/drinks when you buy them. But, you mentioned you were able to only give them $1 for a soda because they didn't have change. Did they not charge you tax on your drinks or food when you ordered the chips and salsa?

They did not charge tax. They do charge a service charge (12% ) for using a credit card.

They did not charge tax. They do charge a service charge (12% ) for using a credit card.

Awesome. I know some where reporting there for awhile that they were adding to their bill a certain percentage (using cash) which I thought was weird. Maybe they stopped doing this. :)

Awesome. I know some where reporting there for awhile that they were adding to their bill a certain percentage (using cash) which I thought was weird. Maybe they stopped doing this. :)
Please don't forget to give a comparison and your opinions of French Key and Maya Key when you get back, I am really torn between the 2?????????

This past November, they charged a 15% "alcohol tax" to our bar tab. Was told that they MUST collect this. Looking at our receipt now, the very last entry, written as alcohol tax.

See, that's what I'm talking about. People have reported this before and I remember reading about it. It just seems weird when none of the other places we have ever went to does this. I'm just wondering why they "must" collect this if no one else does. :confused: Do they do this for soda as well?

Please don't forget to give a comparison and your opinions of French Key and Maya Key when you get back, I am really torn between the 2?????????

I definitely will and will link my review once I get back. :)

This is a copy of the email I got from them on 2/23/2013 for April 3 2013:

The following is the current pricing and packages we offer:

Kids under 11 are at 50% discount.

We do offer 10% discount for groups of ten or larger.

I) Super Fun Day Package $188 per person:

Includes,

1) One Tank guided Reef Scuba Dive for certified divers

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

Resort

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp,

marinated chicken

breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean

and all

2 drinks of choice

5) Use of all our facilities and equipment, and all non motorized equipment,

Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

6) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

7) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

II) Fun Day Package $148 Per person:

Includes,

1) Your Choice Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy or a one tank

scuba dive

at the second largest Barrier Reef in the world for certified divers

2) And All items 3 through 7 in option (I) above

III) Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Filet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp,

marinated chicken

breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean

and two drinks of

choice

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water

chairs, chase lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

IV) Full Island Package PLUS $98 Per person:

Includes,

All of the items included in “ III, Island Package above PLUS a guided

snorkeling Tour of the Adjacent REEF, the second largest in the world, a

truly MUST SEE!!

V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island @ $55

Per Person

Motorized water activities Jet Ski tour @ $70 per half hour, Banana

Boat tour at $15 per person, guided Reef snorkel tour with boat and

guide @ $20 per person as well water ski, knee board and floater bed

is also available ala carte.

Price of a gallon of gas is over $6 here FYI.

We accept cash and credit card for an additional fee of 12%.

Please advise if you want us to pick you up and which option you are

interested in, we are looking forward to serving you and our mission is

your enjoyment.

Edited by Justprettynpink

I ended up emailing them and they said they did not have wifi on the island. They do have it at the restaurant though, but that's not going to do much good I suppose. You don't spend any amount of time there prior to going to the island or coming back do you?

I ended up emailing them and they said they did not have wifi on the island. They do have it at the restaurant though, but that's not going to do much good I suppose. You don't spend any amount of time there prior to going to the island or coming back do you?

The boat goes back and forth frequently. If you needed the wi-fi you could go to the restaurant and then come back.

If we had done that, we would have been the only one there in the restaurant. You would have to know about Little French Key and Frenchy's to find it. It is not on a main road.

Thinking about going here beginning of June, what about is the cost of food and drink?

Per LFK:

ur lunch is included in the package $88 and $98 .. The cost

is $22 per plate . And our drinks are from $5-$7 . Beer is $5 and mixed

drinks are between $5-$7.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Pink (or anyone):

The most recent package quote (yours) does not indicate whether "V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation" allows access to non-motorized equipment (kayaks, lounges). Is the non-motorized equipment available for all admitted, or are "Entrance Only" guests expected to sit on the sand? :)

It's obvious, I guess, that the zoo tour is NOT included.

Edited by The Mister

So, Pink (or anyone):

The most recent package quote (yours) does not indicate whether "V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation" allows access to non-motorized equipment (kayaks, lounges). Is the non-motorized equipment available for all admitted, or are "Entrance Only" guests expected to sit on the sand? :)

I just received a quote from them recently and they did not mention the use of non motorized equipment for the $55 package. I would just email and ask them, they were always prompt with replies for me. We will be there in 2 weeks, I can't wait and will post reviews and pictures when i get back

So, Pink (or anyone):

I just received a quote from them recently and they did not mention the use of non motorized equipment for the $55 package. I would just email and ask them, they were always prompt with replies for me. We will be there in 2 weeks, I can't wait and will post reviews and pictures when i get back

There's not really a "zoo tour". This place is amazing. You get off the boat on to the island and you just walk around. There is a pony that just runs wild, puppies (the owners have a house on the property and live here). The animals (birds, monkeys, rabbits, deer) are all in cages around the property and you just walk around looking at them. They have 1 monkey cage that you can go in and hold the tamer monkeys. They have a baby one and it is absolutely adorable. When we were there last week they were building a huge cage for the jaguars (they have 2 baby ones that you CAN HOLD) and they said it would be done by this week. This place is like Maya Key, it is a refuge for animals and they said they have strict rules to follow and permits (for the animals, conditions, cages and so on).

As for the chairs, there are just chairs all around the place...lounge chairs on the beach, on the deck, IN the water (these are wired chairs that STAY in the water and don't move...you simply sit on it by the edge of the beach or swim out to the other ones). So yes, included. The canoes are included and you can go everywhere around the island including out to where they snorkel. It's real easy to get around and everything is pretty shallow around there in the water. An island is directly beside it too and we went over there (it's in the little cove). Ton's off fish and sea life. I found several sea cucumbers there, tons of conchs (live) and a lion fish too.

This place is simply a paradise and beautiful. The water is AMAZING in color!!! :) I'll try to get my review started before long. I have tons of pictures and video. We just got home Sunday and I just started back to school today...so it's busy here. :(

BTW, the canoes are just laying on the beach...you don't go get one from anyone and no one is there. They just sit there and when someone wants to go out, they just pull it out in to the water and go. There are not any other non-motorized equipment. :)