Little French Key?

Messunderstood

They control who comes over to the Key. While we were there a couple of people just paid to come over. They then decided that they wanted to eat. They knew exactly who had paid and who didn't. They made the folks pay to eat.

All guests are given arm bands. They are different colors depending on the package you get.

I agree to email and ask what is included :-)

Hope you enjoy your cruise no matter what you chose to do!

There's not really a "zoo tour". This place is amazing. You get off the boat on to the island and you just walk around. There is a pony that just runs wild, puppies (the owners have a house on the property and live here). The animals (birds, monkeys, rabbits, deer) are all in cages around the property and you just walk around looking at them. They have 1 monkey cage that you can go in and hold the tamer monkeys. They have a baby one and it is absolutely adorable. When we were there last week they were building a huge cage for the jaguars (they have 2 baby ones that you CAN HOLD) and they said it would be done by this week. This place is like Maya Key, it is a refuge for animals and they said they have strict rules to follow and permits (for the animals, conditions, cages and so on).

As for the chairs, there are just chairs all around the place...lounge chairs on the beach, on the deck, IN the water (these are wired chairs that STAY in the water and don't move...you simply sit on it by the edge of the beach or swim out to the other ones). So yes, included. The canoes are included and you can go everywhere around the island including out to where they snorkel. It's real easy to get around and everything is pretty shallow around there in the water. An island is directly beside it too and we went over there (it's in the little cove). Ton's off fish and sea life. I found several sea cucumbers there, tons of conchs (live) and a lion fish too.

This place is simply a paradise and beautiful. The water is AMAZING in color!!! :) I'll try to get my review started before long. I have tons of pictures and video. We just got home Sunday and I just started back to school today...so it's busy here. :(

Thanks for the info mitsugirly, it is nice to see such a great review knowing you had your reservations about going there because of price, ect. Thanks also for explaining the animals. Nobody really does that in the reviews. I will be there in 2 weeks and I can't wait now. I think we are going to have a great time. My husband is always yelling at me to stop overthinking everything:p

This place is amazing. You get off the boat on to the island and you just walk around.

I am really looking forward to your full review! Always a lot of good info, honest opinion and pictures...

We somehow missed the pony on our visit (or she missed us), as well as the cats.

I was at a loss to adequately describe the place, am so glad you liked it.

(although the more negative and skeptical reviews are better for keeping it affordable!)

Rick

There's not really a "zoo tour". This place is amazing. You get off the boat on to the island and you just walk around. There is a pony that just runs wild, puppies (the owners have a house on the property and live here). The animals (birds, monkeys, rabbits, deer) are all in cages around the property and you just walk around looking at them. They have 1 monkey cage that you can go in and hold the tamer monkeys. They have a baby one and it is absolutely adorable. When we were there last week they were building a huge cage for the jaguars (they have 2 baby ones that you CAN HOLD) and they said it would be done by this week. This place is like Maya Key, it is a refuge for animals and they said they have strict rules to follow and permits (for the animals, conditions, cages and so on).

As for the chairs, there are just chairs all around the place...lounge chairs on the beach, on the deck, IN the water (these are wired chairs that STAY in the water and don't move...you simply sit on it by the edge of the beach or swim out to the other ones). So yes, included. The canoes are included and you can go everywhere around the island including out to where they snorkel. It's real easy to get around and everything is pretty shallow around there in the water. An island is directly beside it too and we went over there (it's in the little cove). Ton's off fish and sea life. I found several sea cucumbers there, tons of conchs (live) and a lion fish too.

This place is simply a paradise and beautiful. The water is AMAZING in color!!! :) I'll try to get my review started before long. I have tons of pictures and video. We just got home Sunday and I just started back to school today...so it's busy here. :(

So glad to hear your positive "quick review" of LFK - I'm definitely looking forward to your full review, as we'll be going there in about a month. Your reviews are always so helpful. :)

We somehow missed the pony on our visit (or she missed us), as well as the cats.

Rick

I "think" she might be new. I over heard someone talking about it and said she was abused maybe? I know she was really scared when anyone tried to get near her (where the horse they had at Frenchys in the yard would allow you to pet her). The pony on the island just ran free and was in the middle part in the yard (which would be bordering the animal cages on one side, the owners house on the other, and the bathrooms). It was the only "grassy" area I seen there. :)

This email pretty well says it all...

Thank you for your interest in Little French Key and your very kind words

about our Private Island Resort.

Please see the list of all inclusive various packages we offer below and

let us know which package(s) suits your group best, once you decide we can

finalize your reservation, no deposit is required and you only pay once

you visit our facilities:)

We are located on the top of the second largest reef in the world and the

snorkeling is indeed excellent here with crystal clear waters....

We are a family run operation and our mission is your enjoyment.

Little French key is one of the best, most private and safest places on

Roatan. Guest of all ages reluctantly leave when

the time comes for them to go because they all say they have had such a

great time that they would rather move in. Several guests have offered to

just stay and work for food :-)

Once you decide on the package you like, please email us

back and we will hold the reservation for you.

You can pay when you get to our facilities, no deposit is required.

We do provide round trip transportation for our visiting guests who

purchase one of our tailored packages...please see the information below

and see which one suits you best..We are an independent family run

facility. Our mission is your enjoyment.

Our Driver Dave, will pick you up at the Port and brings you to our

facilities @ our Waterfront Family Restaurant, Frenchy´s 44.

Then we will take you on a boat transfer aboard our comfortable

party barge with groovy music and Garufuna conch shell horn to Little

French Key, Private Island Resort from the Frenchy's 44 Restaurant Dock on

the main land

Roatan.

The following is the current pricing and packages we offer:

Kids under 11 are at 50% discount.

We do offer 10% discount for groups of ten or larger.

I) Super Fun Day Package $188 per person:

Includes,

1) One Tank guided Reef Scuba Dive for certified divers

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

Resort

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp,

marinated chicken

breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean

and all

2 drinks of choice

5) Use of all our facilities and equipment, and all non motorized equipment,

Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

6) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

7) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

II) Fun Day Package $148 Per person:

Includes,

1) Your Choice Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy or a one tank

scuba dive

at the second largest Barrier Reef in the world for certified divers

2) And All items 3 through 7 in option (I) above

III) Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Filet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp,

marinated chicken

breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean

and two drinks of

choice

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water

chairs, chase lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

IV) Full Island Package PLUS $98 Per person:

Includes,

All of the items included in “ III, Island Package above PLUS a guided

snorkeling Tour of the Adjacent REEF, the second largest in the world, a

truly MUST SEE!!

V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island @ $55

Per Person

Motorized water activities Jet Ski tour @ $70 per half hour, Banana

Boat tour at $15 per person, guided Reef snorkel tour with boat and

guide @ $20 per person as well water ski, knee board and floater bed

is also available ala carte.

Price of a gallon of gas is over $6 here FYI.

We accept cash and credit card for an additional fee of 12%.

Please advise if you want us to pick you up and which option you are

interested in, we are looking forward to serving you and our mission is

your enjoyment.

Welcome to paradise!

Kind Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

So to anyone who might want the "full details" of this place, my portion of LFK is completed on my review over on the Carnival board.

You can find it here and it starts at post #250 and goes on until around post #349. Yep, it's long and there is a lot of details in it. It is very picture heavy as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

So to anyone who might want the "full details" of this place, my portion of LFK is completed on my review over on the Carnival board.

You can find it here and it starts at post #250 and goes on until around post #349. Yep, it's long and there is a lot of details in it. It is very picture heavy as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

I love reading your reviews.... (We are doing many of the same excursions you have done)

It's wonderful that we can go to the same place but have different likes/dislikes.... ( I loved the food...) We can't tell people what they should do... just share our experiences and have them judge for themselves :)

I hope folks who see your pictures notice the EMPTY chairs at LFK :D

Thank you for all your detail...

Kim

I love reading your reviews.... (We are doing many of the same excursions you have done)

It's wonderful that we can go to the same place but have different likes/dislikes.... ( I loved the food...) We can't tell people what they should do... just share our experiences and have them judge for themselves :)

I hope folks who see your pictures notice the EMPTY chairs at LFK :D

Thank you for all your detail...

Kim

Yes, the chairs were pretty empty. There was other people there, but there is so much room and different areas to spread out, but it definitely wasn't crowded for sure. We loved it. :)

Wait, what cab? Upon emailing back and forth with them, they told me that the taxi from the port to the restaurant was covered and on the ride back. :confused:

Hi Kim, welcome back! Am reading your review but jumped to the LFK part first.

Does "taking a cab to meet the LFK Driver" make more sense now? :p

That's what we did, so as to not have to walk uphill to get out the gate.

The cabs that save you that walking are $2 per person. And they are in the first parking lot you get to, inside the tourism compound.

If my group had walked, it would have ruined the whole day for the wives and by extension the whole group...

:D Now back to reading the review! :D

Hi Kim, welcome back! Am reading your review but jumped to the LFK part first.

Does "taking a cab to meet the LFK Driver" make more sense now? :p

That's what we did, so as to not have to walk uphill to get out the gate.

The cabs that save you that walking are $2 per person. And they are in the first parking lot you get to, inside the tourism compound.

If my group had walked, it would have ruined the whole day for the wives and by extension the whole group...

:D Now back to reading the review! :D

Oh gosh, I completely forgot about that. I really should have done that. It would have saved our legs. I had no clue once I got outside the gate. :p I'll know that next time.

mitsugirly

You do a lot of cruising and have spent sometime in Roatan... so let me ask you. Have you been to the beach that Pirates of the Caribbean uses for the Zip and Dip? Is it worth the extra money to go to LFK? i can save about $166 if I go with Pirates over LFK for the 2 of us and get the Zip line and beach. your thoughts... thanks.

Edited by jaxfl

mitsugirly

You do a lot of cruising and have spent sometime in Roatan... so let me ask you. Have you been to the beach that Pirates of the Caribbean uses for the Zip and Dip? Is it worth the extra money to go to LFK? i can save about $166 if I go with Pirates over LFK for the 2 of us and get the Zip line and beach. your thoughts... thanks.

I'm sorry, I have never done the Pirates zip and dip. The only zip and dip that I did was with Bodden and it's a "baby" zip I guess you can call it. I've read that Pirates (only because that was the line that was used when the lady fell to her death) and there's an "extreme" zip as well that is suppose to be really high and long. We only did the Bodden one because at the time my little one was 3 years old and we didn't know how she would react.

Do you know what beach Pirates takes you to? Is if West Bay?

Now this is just MY opinion, but if you read my review, you will know that LFK was one of our favorite days in Roatan and right behind that is Maya Key. I just LOVE the water and that's why I mainly cruise the Caribbean. I would pay the price again if I had to. But that's just me. Only you can decide if zip lining or hanging out at a beautiful island is right for you and your family. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

Quick question, is this excursion suitable for a 1 year old? My little one will be 13 months and is really easy going. She took her first cruise at 9 months and then another one a week later so i know cruising is fine.

What im ultimatly worried about is the boat ride, plus i doubt i will be able to take her buggy will i?

TIA.

Hi

Quick question, is this excursion suitable for a 1 year old? My little one will be 13 months and is really easy going. She took her first cruise at 9 months and then another one a week later so i know cruising is fine.

What im ultimatly worried about is the boat ride, plus i doubt i will be able to take her buggy will i?

TIA.

I see no problems with that. The boat is a slow-cruising ferry which has seats and a flat floor. The taxi may be more of an issue!

Have fun.

Hi

TIA.

No worries. The boat ride is on a barge type boat. It's completely flat and easy on and off. The ride is "maybe" 5 minutes. You can see Little French Key from the dock you are standing on to catch the boat at Frency's 44.

In this picture, we are standing on the dock at Frency's 44 and you can see the island in the picture. That's how close it is.

P5150561-M.jpg

A little hard to tell in this pic, but you can see that the boat is flat:

IMG_0476-M.jpg

As for talking a stroller (if that's what you are talking about when you say buggy), yes, you would be able to take in on the boat and also once you get there. There is a deck and the main island has grass and like a normal yard. One side of the beach area is pretty flat until you get closer to the beach. Walking over to the other beach area where you first arrive has a deck going down to it and it shouldn't be a problem. There's also a deck around the water on one side.

Thanks for the replies!

Yes i mean stroller!! Thats just incase she gets tired and wants to nap, although that is wishful thinking as she never naps!

They also have these bench/sofa like chairs with cushions under the square deck that hangs out over the water. So that could be another place you could lay her if you didn't want to take the stroller. It has a roof over it. :) Just trying to save you some hauling "IF" you didn't want to take it. Otherwise, there are TONS of places for shade there to park the stroller if you want.

P5150762-M.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say THANKS for your great posts and reviews. We are heading out on the Dream this Saturday and thanks to your amazing photos and reviews, our excursions will include Little French Key and Maya Chan! Can't wait to experience it for myself. Thanks again!!!

• 4 weeks later...

LFK sounds wonderful. For those who have been, do you know if it is ok to bring food/snacks or bottled juice/water with us? Or, do they happen to have a kids menu? Our son is a picky eater and we would hate to get there only to turn his nose up at the food and drinks that they have available.

LFK sounds wonderful. For those who have been, do you know if it is ok to bring food/snacks or bottled juice/water with us? Or, do they happen to have a kids menu? Our son is a picky eater and we would hate to get there only to turn his nose up at the food and drinks that they have available.

They have bottled water (takes a drink ticket just as a drinky-drink would), didn't notice bottles of juice. I think juice boxes would be fine and not a problem at port either as they are sealed.

What does your son like? Lunch is grilled fresh so if he likes plain chicken for instance, ask for some to be cooked without spicy sauce... There is also the Frenchy's restaurant run by the same folks, you can look at the menu while waiting for the ferryboat and just cross the water an extra time if the island lunch really doesn't suit.

My daughter who tolerates ZERO spice, ate up the standard lunch and liked it. Surprised me.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~