How do you stay healthy while flying?

Skip65

This will be my second cruise,and I'm really excited. Unfortunately, I was told last year, that I will have to go on oxygen, I have Pulmonary Hypertension. My doctor says I should not have any problems,that I should be fine. I'm going with other family members, and I don"t want to depend on them too much. I really do well on my own, but there are times I need help. I'm 59 and this may be my last cruise, due to my health.Just wondering if anyone has ever traveled carrying oxygen? We leave on Carnival Fantasy on my birthday, June 13th.:confused:

How to avoid not getting sick in general, not only on airplanes? Don't touch or rub your eyes with your hands. Even if you've washed and washed your hands. I read somewhere that your eyes are the #1 way that viruses enter your body. Since I found that out 2 years ago, and stopped rubbing my eyes with my hands, I haven't gotten a cold - not one. :) I'm not a doctor and can't verify the medical info, i just know i haven't gotten sick since i stopped it.

Keep your hands away from your face. Last week I was cruising with my daughter and she kept putting her fingers on her lips (like picking her lips). I kept yelling at her to stop that because of Noro. Than I would go spaying everything with lysol.

This will be my second cruise,and I'm really excited. Unfortunately, I was told last year, that I will have to go on oxygen, I have Pulmonary Hypertension. My doctor says I should not have any problems,that I should be fine. I'm going with other family members, and I don"t want to depend on them too much. I really do well on my own, but there are times I need help. I'm 59 and this may be my last cruise, due to my health.Just wondering if anyone has ever traveled carrying oxygen? We leave on Carnival Fantasy on my birthday, June 13th.:confused:

There is currently a two-page discussion of this subject on the Disabled Cruise Travel board,

Click here---> Oxygen on board - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I fly two or three weeks each month. If there were any truth in the fallacy that flying makes you sick, I'd be dead by now.

Drink lot's of water, wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.

Try not to touch things like bathroom doors, hand rails, etc.

Archived