My thoughts and pics from 4/22 - 4/29 Freedom cruise

The next two days were at sea. I relaxed a whole lot, caught a 3D Movie, Kung Fu Panda 3 :D and done a lot of people watching and taking in the experience of this great ship.

I seen a few "characters" along the way. You actually had to go looking for them though it seemed like to me! They were in no way "in your face" or bothersome at all! Im a kid at heart sometimes and wanted my pic taken with a few of them. I missed Shrek and Fiona though.

This was taken on the second formal night. I had already taken the tie off and gotten relaxed a little.

e9a13ad1.jpg

and these were taken various days at sea

00e7a066.jpg

ecaa817f.jpg

I know this hasnt really been a "review" but actually just reliving of the trip so I will give my thoughts here and post a few more various pics and wrap this up shortly.

I really enjoyed everything about this trip. The service overall was outstanding from my stateroom attendant to the waiter and assistant waiter in the MDR. This was my first time doing MTD and I love the flexibility of it! I dont really see myself going back to traditional dining.

The food I thought was good and some even excellent!

I CANNOT say enough about Freedom of the Seas! I am still amazed with this ship and its so much different than what I was use to in the past.

The entertainment was great as well. I enjoyed it all. The comedian was great, the shows were good, John Joseph and Johnny B were hilarious and the ice show was OUTSTANDING!

I also enjoyed as usual Love and Marriage, Quest and Graham Seymours stand up act! He is GREAT and very funny and talented!

All of my cruises have been wonderful but this one was the best YET and I hope one day soon to sail on a Freedom class ship again. They truly are wonderful and if they are this great I cant even imagine Oasis or Allure! One day I hope to sail on them too! But prices will have to come down a little :o

Over the course of the week, I found that the MDR food was just fine. There was some "not so nice" things said about Freedoms MDR food on here but either they have stepped it up or Im just easy to please :) I found on this trip that I REALLY enjoy duck and lamb shank! Two of my favorite meals of the whole trip! The prime rib was delicious too! Also on lobster night, the lobsters were of nice size and cooked perfectly! I enjoyed the Prime rib AND lobster that night :o A 'surf and turf" if you will. quote]

Ryan, you have mentioned my faves as well, along with the sugar free coconut cake and all the cream soups! Can't miss those! Thanks for a terrific review...I'm getting so excited. It's been 5 years since we were on Freedom class with Liberty...woohoo.:D

BTW - if we ever cruise together .. I will buy you your first Lava Flow and we can forget our differences over Tobaccogate :D

And if we ever cruise I will buy you both a mojito from Bolero's, my faves.:D;)

The next day, we arrived early at Coco Cay but while laying in bed that morning, I heard Captain Tor Olsen come on the loudspeaker in the room telling us it was too rough to tender

This made me sad for you. Of all the ports in the Caribbean, Coco Cay is an absolute fave. If you've never been before, you MUST book another to there real soon.

I know this hasnt really been a "review" but actually just reliving of the trip so I will give my thoughts here and post a few more various pics and wrap this up shortly.

I really enjoyed everything about this trip. The service overall was outstanding from my stateroom attendant to the waiter and assistant waiter in the MDR. This was my first time doing MTD and I love the flexibility of it! I dont really see myself going back to traditional dining.

The food I thought was good and some even excellent!

I CANNOT say enough about Freedom of the Seas! I am still amazed with this ship and its so much different than what I was use to in the past.

The entertainment was great as well. I enjoyed it all. The comedian was great, the shows were good, John Joseph and Johnny B were hilarious and the ice show was OUTSTANDING!

I also enjoyed as usual Love and Marriage, Quest and Graham Seymours stand up act! He is GREAT and very funny and talented!

All of my cruises have been wonderful but this one was the best YET and I hope one day soon to sail on a Freedom class ship again. They truly are wonderful and if they are this great I cant even imagine Oasis or Allure! One day I hope to sail on them too! But prices will have to come down a little :o

I think you did a GREAT review!:D

As you know, I took this same route in Feb. ( I was the one bombbarding everyone with the cruise Compasses.) You brought back some memories. I am glad you had a great time. Freedom OTS is my favorite ship. St. Maarten/ St. Martin is my favorite place in the world.:D

Your pictures were great! I wish I could have been there, but I have to work to pay for other cruises!

I hope to sail with you one day!:p

Freedom is my favorite ship as well. I have been on Oasis but still love Freedom more. I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise. I was on the Freedom in Oct. of last year when we ran into a terrible storm. However, after the storm was over, the rest of the cruise was GREAT! Thanks for bringing back such good memories.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :) the pics were all taken with my IPhone 4 and I think they turned out ok! Not SLR quality by any means or even the quality of a good point and shoot but decent for a phone!

For some reason I am having trouble out of my laptop and it's tough to post pics using this phone. I will try tomorrow and wrap this all up.

Thanks so much for looking on and reading :) and thanks again for he nice comments. It was a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for the great review. I love seeing pictures of FOS. I have a little over a year to go before we get to sail on her.

I know how you feel! My countdown ticker started at 379 days! Seemed like it took forever to get here and then of course or was over so fast :o

At least you have one booked for on between now and then :)

Archived