My thoughts and pics from 4/22 - 4/29 Freedom cruise

Great review and pics. Considering a trip on the Freedom next September and your review got me very excited. You should really get back to St. Maarten, its an amazing island with lots of stuff to do. I currently have a timeshare there and its my favorite island to visit. Thanks again

Loving your review and especially your pictures! I am a loyal X cruiser but am thinking of sailing this ship in 10/13, and I am doing my research ahead so I can report to my travel companions. Keep up the good work, you're swaying me...:D

Also, since you have referenced "tobacco-gate", I am wondering about the smoking policy on RCL. Do they have lots of smokers, and are they allowed to smoke anywhere on the ship? Smoking is a big turn off for me and our friends who will be traveling together. It could be a deal breaker if it is allowed everywhere.:(

Can i ask please - my friends are on the Disney ship the same day we are in St Thomas. Are the ships close to each other so we could meet up?

You can just plan to meet up at the end of the pier.

Very nice review. Your photo's brought back some memories of my two cruises on the Freedom. Freedom is a great ship and I will sail on her again in the future. I will have travelled on the Allure by the next time I go on the Freedom so I will be able to know if the Freedom is the best (it's pretty close to that already). Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. :)

Thank you so much for your great, honest review. I will be aboard The Freedom one week from tomorrow, and cannot wait! Your pictures and writings made me that much more excited!

Thank you so much for your great, honest review. I will be aboard The Freedom one week from tomorrow, and cannot wait! Your pictures and writings made me that much more excited!

We are, too. It has been a long wait and it is a much needed vacation!!!

Thanks for your review. I'm so glad you loved Freedom.

Thanks for this ship comments and photos. You captured nice moments

I am glad, but surprised, you were able to get personal character photos with your camera. On the Freedom in May, 2011, ship staff would not permit personal camera photos of characters. If you waned a photo with a character, you had to wait in line to have it taken by the ship professional photographers ( to be purchased for a fee )

Looks like you had a great cruise

M

The next day, we arrived early at Coco Cay but while laying in bed that morning, I heard Captain Tor Olsen come on the loudspeaker in the room telling us it was too rough to tender

This made me sad for you. Of all the ports in the Caribbean, Coco Cay is an absolute fave. If you've never been before, you MUST book another to there real soon.

We sailed on Freedom in January 2012 and had the same thing happen. It makes me wonder if they should stop advertising this cruise as having 3 port days and just call it 2 with an outside chance of 3. But we nonetheless made a nice day of the extra day at sea and ignored the grumblers. We especially liked the lunches in the MDR on at-sea days. It was so relaxing and the food was really quite good at lunchtime, sometimes better than some of the dinners we had! Love the pictures of the OP with the characters. The parades were delightful, and we also enjoyed Freedom on Ice. I can't say enough about the performers on board. In fact, we have always been impressed, above all, with the quality of the music on RC ships, so far AOS, Freedom, and Oasis. Thanks for helping us relive our fun time on Freedom!

Later on that evening after dinner, I went to one of my favorite places on the ship. It happens to be deck 4 on Freedom. There is hardly ever anyone out there and its a really good place to go and enjoy the ocean! very nice and quiet out there!

9eff1751.jpg

I am so glad you posted this picture! Areas like that were our favorite place on the grand old Sovereign and I was worried that they had become nonexistent on the newer, balcony-filled ships.

We have a balcony on our upcoming cruise, but I would have been disappointed if there wasn't a place like this, where we can lounge, people watch, and read!

I'll be on this ship on June 17th!!

I was still able to enjoy a Coco Loco by the pool that day! Yummy!

42a14a4a.jpg

With that one phrase, I became a fan of yours. You're the type of guy who makes lemonade out of lemons. I am really glad that you had a wonderful time. Safe sailing to you and enjoy every cruise as if it were your first;)

I really enjoyed your wonderful pictures!! Thanks for the great review!!

He did do a wonderful job, didn't he? It reminds me of the scene in Forest Gump where Forest was telling Jenny about all the beautiful places he'd seen while he was running. She said "I wish I could have been with you." and he responded "You were." That's what this review did for me. I'll be on Freedom in September and I can't wait.

Thx for all the pics and comments about FOS! Planning on booking a cruise for 5/26/13. This will be the largest ship we have sailed. I'm very intimidated by the size but reviews like this are helping me be a little more at ease. And I'm getting very excited about the Royal Promenade! It looks gorgeous. Also happy that they have JR. Our first cruise was on the Majesty and this was one of our favorite places!

Archived