Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

Not always, but usually a couple leave the stateroom and head out together for breakfast or what not. Some attendants will stick a little piece of paper in the door jam. If they see that piece of paper on the deck, they assume that someone or both have left the stateroom, but they knock to make sure. :)

And here I thought they were using their "Spidey Sense". :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll be looking down more often.

Excellent, now I just have to hope she does not have a holiday for a couple of months or so, she sounds like the Celebrity attendants of old

I hope that she wasn't having an extraordinary week for some reason. Otherwise some people are going to be hunting me down. :rolleyes:

You are quite welcome. The lounger perk was pretty funny as I remember all the talk of what type of furniture may be out there after the refurb. I was expecting the new chairs and hopefully a foot stool.

Do the new chairs actually recline?

I was afraid to ask anyone and have my perks ferried away 'cuz someone complained. :)

You know, those lounge chairs were not on 1138 balcony in February. We were in that cabin and the chair/footstool combination as you pictured for 1140 was there. So sometime since then it has been changed. The chairs did recline, and I actually loved them! We're back in 1138 next February, too! :)

Thanks so much for the comments and pictures. We are booked in 1138 for Nov. and it sounds like everything I was hoping for. 22 seconds is well worth any other problem we could come up with!

You know, those lounge chairs were not on 1138 balcony in February. We were in that cabin and the chair/footstool combination as you pictured for 1140 was there. So sometime since then it has been changed. The chairs did recline, and I actually loved them! We're back in 1138 next February, too! :)

Maybe someone snuck it in from the pool deck one night. I wonder what happened to the original furnishings. Probably went off the ship in someones oversize bag.

The lounger did make for a very nice nap one afternoon. It folded flat and I grabbed a couple of pillows from the cabin...n-i-c-e :)

Do you know if they allowed suite guests to dine in BLU? I know there's a $5 charge.

Blu was never full for dinner. We never waited a single minute the entire week to be seated. It did get close to capacity on the last night.

We did have to wait 15 minutes to be seated for breakfast on debarkation day. It was a zoo in there. The assistant waiter had commented that he was serving a lot of people that he hadn't seen all week. Me thinks the suite people were inviting in that day and sitting there having a very leisurely breakfast was better than sitting in a lounge somewhere. The hallway was FILLED with rollaway luggage.:mad:

Thanks so much for the comments and pictures. We are booked in 1138 for Nov. and it sounds like everything I was hoping for. 22 seconds is well worth any other problem we could come up with!

You will have a blast. That cabin was unlike any cabin we have ever stayed in. Lots to see and you really are near everything. You are down to the bar in seconds. You can walk down to the end of the hall and be outside port or starboard within a minute. You can be up top on deck 12 within that same minute. Blu is one quick elevator ride straight down with very little walking. We hardly ever went forward on the ship. :)

Thank you for all the great info. I tried booking 1140 for November back in Feb but it was already taken.

For some unknown reason the cabin opened up again this past week and immediatly snagged it. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the cabin?

Edited by rklrkl

• 3 weeks later...

Great update and pics. We were on the Solstice in February in Aqua class and booked the Summit for November to try their Aqua Class rooms. Booked the aft 1141 and was so curious about seeing some photos to make sure we made the right choice. I don't think we can ever go back to not staying in AC, if anything just for the blu restaurant. Love the M class ships so I hope this only makes them better. In fact I don't think we can wait until November so looking to jump on the summit for a Bermuda cruise in August, just don't like going out of Bayone but need to cruise before November:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've managed to get 1140 on the Millennium Alaska cruise on 5th July 2013.

Getting to/from Vancouver on BA upstairs in Club, one of the bus tours back to Anchorage, then Air Canada back to Vancouver, followed by a week visiting relatives in BC

Hope I made the right choice of cabin!

Edited by withabix

MrJulius, thanks so much for your great review of the new aft cabins aboard Summit. :) We are on the Thanksgiving week sailing of the ship in AQ deck 11. Nice to see large semi covered aft balconies. And whoe with 1140, I just booked it for 2013 Thanksgiving week sailing. What a bargain for such a balcony aft deck. You made an easy decision that much easier. :cool:

I had 1140 in June- it is by far the best aft cabin.. The balcony is huge- You can't look straight down due to the covering from the bar area-- but thats not a problem.. And if your friends are beside you, the balcony partitions can be opened near the cabin doors --

ENJOY !

I've managed to get 1140 on the Millennium Alaska cruise on 5th July 2013.

Getting to/from Vancouver on BA upstairs in Club, one of the bus tours back to Anchorage, then Air Canada back to Vancouver, followed by a week visiting relatives in BC

Hope I made the right choice of cabin!

We will be returning to Alaska in 2014 and are researching cabins just in case we can't get our preferred one. One of the cabins we are interested in is yours --- 1140 on the Millennium. Is there any way you can get back to me after you return home so I can get your thoughts about your cabin choice? I would be happy to give you my e-mail address.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be returning to Alaska in 2014 and are researching cabins just in case we can't get our preferred one. One of the cabins we are interested in is yours --- 1140 on the Millennium. Is there any way you can get back to me after you return home so I can get your thoughts about your cabin choice? I would be happy to give you my e-mail address.

Thank you very much.

No problem!

Thank you very much.

No problem!

Thank you very much --- here is my e-mail address -- please put Cruise Critic somewhere in the title.

dallavallek@gmail.com

We spent thirty-one nights in stateroom 1138 on the Infinity last spring. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the new aft Aqua Class rooms on deck 11 of the M-class ships. While the largest balcony is that of 1140, all of the balconies of the aft rooms are over-sized. The balconies also have a nice balance between covered and un-covered space. We also had no problems with smoke from the Sunset Bar below.