Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

• 3 months later...
fyreus, I was in 1119 on Summit. It would be 1118 on the starboard side. The balcony in 1117 and 1119 are slightly bigger and have a little taper due to the bulge from the buffet below. Not a lot bigger but every little bit helps. Definitely smaller than the aft cabins as blazeinthesun pointed out. You can also see there is very little overhang above. These are pictures of the balcony in 1119 and fore and aft. If the port side is the same, 1120 would be similar to the next cabin in the aft picture. Very slight taper and not much difference in balcony size. The taper is more obvious in the forward picture toward 1117. I assume all of the M class ships are the same but don't know. Hope this helps.

We've booked 1119 on the Millennium for a southbound Alaska cruise. Did you have any regrets for booking your cabin?

Here's the balcony of 1138...of course this only shows the area under the overhang. Plenty of privacy even if people are above.

P1020745_zpskzedob5g.jpg

Were you annoyed by smokers on Deck above? I love your balcony, but cannot tolerate smoke. Also was the ther much noise from the deck above?

Were you annoyed by smokers on Deck above? I love your balcony, but cannot tolerate smoke. Also was the ther much noise from the deck above?

Smoking is not allowed on the deck above these rooms.

Smoking may be allowed on port side of the bar area below, depending on which ship.

Here's the balcony of 1138...of course this only shows the area under the overhang. Plenty of privacy even if people are above.

P1020745_zpskzedob5g.jpg

Interesting....we had 1138 on the Constellation and it was laid out the opposite of this. The door opened on the other side and from what I can see of the inside the furniture is flopped too.

We had the Constellation 1138 in January of this year and February 2014 in the Caribbean and neither time were there ever more than one or two people above us. Smoke was never a problem, in fact I think on the Constellation they don't allow smoking at the aft bar anymore.

Interesting....we had 1138 on the Constellation and it was laid out the opposite of this. The door opened on the other side and from what I can see of the inside the furniture is flopped too.

We had the Constellation 1138 in January of this year and February 2014 in the Caribbean and neither time were there ever more than one or two people above us. Smoke was never a problem, in fact I think on the Constellation they don't allow smoking at the aft bar anymore.

It looks like these pictures are from 1141 not 1138. The poster had family in both cabins and may have mislabeled these pictures as being from 1138.

Look at the angle at the front of the balcony. The two cabins are have reversed configurations.

We have 1138 booked for our next cruise.

It looks like these pictures are from 1141 not 1138. The poster had family in both cabins and may have mislabeled these pictures as being from 1138.

Look at the angle at the front of the balcony. The two cabins are have reversed configurations.

We have 1138 booked for our next cruise.

Thanks. I thought it might have been mislabeled but since I was only using my phone to see the pics and haven't been on anything beside the Constellation figured I better only speak to what I knew. Enjoy 1138 best cabin I've been in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read that people use bungee cords to hold the doors open to the balcony in the aft cabins. Can someone tell me what size and where you attach them? I want to make sure the one we bought is long enough.

Sunday can't come soon enough. :D

Edited by midwestchick

I've read that people use bungee cords to hold the doors open to the balcony in the aft cabins. Can someone tell me what size and where you attach them? I want to make sure the one we bought is long enough.

Sunday can't come soon enough. :D

24". There is a lock on the center post where you can hook the ends of the cord. On the Infinity, there is no way I know of holding the door closed if you are sitting outside...I don't know about the other m-class ships.

If you forget the bungee cord, the belt of the bathrobe can be used although it's more difficult due to it's bulk.

Edited by ghstudio

24". There is a lock on the center post where you can hook the ends of the cord. On the Infinity, there is no way I know of holding the door closed if you are sitting outside...I don't know about the other m-class ships.

If you forget the bungee cord, the belt of the bathrobe can be used although it's more difficult due to it's bulk.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought it was to hold the doors open. Thanks.

The bathrobes are the first thing I have our cabin steward get rid of...gives us more closet space.

The bathrobes are the first thing I have our cabin steward get rid of...gives us more closet space.

The bungee cord is used to hold the door fully open. There is no way (cord/belt/or other) to hold the door closed if you are outside. The only handle that turns to lock the door (on the infinity) is on the inside....hard to reach if you are outside :)

KEEP the bathrope "belt"... we used it last Feb. (forgot the bungee cord) and it worked!

Thank you...can't wait. Just trying to kill some time before we call it a night and trying to get this room warm before we shower. Brrrrrr.

Where is she leaving from? It was "cooler" here today... in the mid '90's, better than the 100's on Monday.