Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

Thanks rdt10. Exactly the info needed. Great photos. I saw the overhead pix on page 1 of this thread, and the taper looked significant.

Btw, how did you like that location? Any vibration?

Great location. Very convenient to the aft elevators and stairs. Straight down to the restaurants. There are stairs that lead down to the Sunset Bar or up to the observation deck on 12. A long walk to the theater and the front of the ship but a good way to work off some of the food. It's very quiet on 11 with very little traffic.

There was a slight vibration at times but never enough to bother us.

We really like deck 11 and Aqua. Blu on Summit was great. We've booked 1138 on the Constellation for the Med next year.

Have a great cruise.

So after reading all these posts I called my TA and got room # 1141. Woo hoo! Our first Celebrity sailing is bound to be an amazing one. The bad thing is next year we are on Infinity from Valparaiso to Florida and have a regular balcony cabin on deck 7. After this sailing AQ in July I'm afraid next years cabin will be a bit of a letdown. :confused:

Congrats on 1141!!! It was one of our favorite rooms and the balcony is huge. Here are some pictures from our trip in 2012.ImageUploadedByForums1395369900.280134.jpg.16ebff289fc9e8b369b6e0f15b0c2344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile ap

ImageUploadedByForums1395369890.896567.jpg.9e6343e022921669efe09e4e1cd5fb7c.jpg

Hi! We have 1138 and 1141 booked on Millennium for July 18, 2014 Alaska. DH and I in one cabin and my parents are in the other. It is their first cruise and I am so much looking forward to their reaction when they see their cabin and balcony!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your pictures and reviews. I was so worried about gaining weight my first cruise (I have somewhat of a hollow leg where food is concerned) that we mad a point of taking the stairs every time we wanted to go anywhere on all occasions but those nights I wore heels.

I believe we were seven flights from the buffet area and I like my coffee and fresh fruit so we were climbing stairs a lot :) I ended up losing two pounds that week ha ha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks to all that have posted on this subject! We're in 1140 for our cruise on the Summit to Bermuda in August, and I have really enjoyed reading all the positive remarks about the AFT cabins.

I can't wait!

Cabin 1138 Secret Perks

it was hot to the touch. Some of the benefits of this arrangement are that the mirror NEVER fogged up. The hottest shower produced no fog whatsoever. You never had a cold toilet seat either. You could hang wet clothes on the line in the shower, leave one of the doors open and I can guarantee that your clothes dried quicker than anyone else's did.

I asked a few people on the same deck about their mirrors and nope, we were the only cabin with a heated mirror. There must be something behind it that generates heat and this heat is transferred to the mirror.

hotzone.jpg

I never did ask the room attendant about it. I meant to but never did get around to it.

Our mirror in 1132 on the Constellation was the same way! It was HOT in that bathroom if the lights had been left on for more than a few minutes. I noticed that the closer I got to the mirror (like putting on mascara) the hotter it was. Then I felt it. Practically burned my hand. I realized that the light or electrical behind the mirror, when the lights were on, was causing the heat.

My brother and sister-in-law had aft 1141 and loved it. Not many smells from smokers, but they did have mosquitoes. They also got locked out on the balcony when their door slammed shut and the handle fell into the lock position. They yelled down to someone below and that person was able to get their attendant to unlock the door. :D

My brother thought it would be cute to ask the bartender if he could lower a bucket for a drink. The bartender didn't think it was funny. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see this thread with some recent posts.

I started this thread awhile ago to help those trying to decide whether to book these cabins or not. Back then there was little information about these cabins. It was fun trying to figure out just what this new deck 11 would be like. I remember that I got 1138 for less than a regular balcony back when it was sight unseen and not even built yet.

I GUESS THE SECRET GOT OUT :p

Those afts on 11 seem to go first, and at a premium now.

Yesterday, on a whim, we decided to revisit the Summit on it's August 24th sail to Bermuda. Of course being only one month until cruise time I didn't expect to get one of the sweet afts. I did get one of the A1's near the afts. I just loved those stairs down to the Sunset bar...22 seconds as I recall.

Looking forward to sailing with the Summit again.

MrJulius

We had 1140 on Summit on a very port intensive B2B out of San Juan. There were a few cigar smokers down in the Sunset Bar who spoiled our balcony sitting for us. Had 1133 booked for another cruise but let it go in favor of an A2 for same price. Other than the cigar smoke, it was a perfect cabin. Doubt this would be as much an issue if we were at sea more -definitely not a problem if no cigar smokers!

Doris

Nice to see this thread with some recent posts.

I started this thread awhile ago to help those trying to decide whether to book these cabins or not. Back then there was little information about these cabins. It was fun trying to figure out just what this new deck 11 would be like. I remember that I got 1138 for less than a regular balcony back when it was sight unseen and not even built yet.

I GUESS THE SECRET GOT OUT :p

Those afts on 11 seem to go first, and at a premium now.

Yesterday, on a whim, we decided to revisit the Summit on it's August 24th sail to Bermuda. Of course being only one month until cruise time I didn't expect to get one of the sweet afts. I did get one of the A1's near the afts. I just loved those stairs down to the Sunset bar...22 seconds as I recall.

Looking forward to sailing with the Summit again.

MrJulius

We chose 1138 on the Connie based on your thread (and the 22 seconds) and we had such a great time!! Our next cruise is on the Reflection, but we can't wait to get back to the M-class and enjoy these cabins and location again! Thanks for doing all the re-con!!

We had 1140 on Summit on a very port intensive B2B out of San Juan. There were a few cigar smokers down in the Sunset Bar who spoiled our balcony sitting for us. Had 1133 booked for another cruise but let it go in favor of an A2 for same price. Other than the cigar smoke, it was a perfect cabin. Doubt this would be as much an issue if we were at sea more -definitely not a problem if no cigar smokers!

Doris

Doris -- I'm so sorry you had that experience! We thought the aft was wonderful, and I would book it again without hesitation.

We tried to get back there for Panama Canal in 2016, but all 5 were already gone, so we took an A2 on Deck 9 with an oversized balcony...I think it's 9038.

We have stayed in these rooms several time and are our favorites. Now you let the secret out. I hope not too many people read this thread. I would take these rooms over any suites especially in M class, where Blu and accessibility to the ship is the best.

Seriously the best rooms are there.

The only negative is when there are rough seas. Then the ships really rocks up there and very noisy.

We just returned from our Millennium Alaska Northbound cruise. I booked 1138 for my parents (it was their first cruise so now they are completely spoiled...as they should be) and 1141 for DH and I. I'll try to get my act together tomorrow and post pics.

Nothing beat sitting out on the balcony with a cup of coffee, enjoying another half hour of spectacular scenery as we pulled away from Hubbard Glacier. Well actually one thing beat it...having my father say, "I know there's a lot of stuff to do on the boat but I just love the water and I'm just happy to sit out with a book and look out at the ocean."

Doris

If I had to deal with the smell of cigar and cigarette smoke, I would rather have a small balcony on the non-smoking side of the ship. The smell would make me not use the balcony. We had an aft balcony Suite on the Silhoulette with cabins above and below so it was wonderful! Great views- no smoke. Just sunny most of the day.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have just returned from a British Isles cruise. Our cabin was 1138 which I chose a year ago. The location is very good if you want to use the Sunset Bar which is just below. You can also drop in at the Oceanview cafe easily using the back stairs, so that's a plus. It is a bit far from other amenities such as the Aqua Spa. I have had this cabin 2x and there are 2 big drawbacks, one mentioned frequently is possible cigarette smoke, we did not experience that this trip, but have on other sailings. It was enough to make me go back inside. The biggest drawback in my opinion was all of the soot coming from the stacks. If not aware of it you can ruin a pair of white pants. The soot was pretty constant this time. The stewards did clean the balcony daily but big flakes kept falling on the railing and on the floor. You have to be so vigilant.

I have had this cabin and 1140 on the Summit and may not book it again.

Thanks for the pics, and all the great info.

This post convinced me that we need to book an Aqua Sunset Balcony for a cruise... Especially so as we LOVED our Concierge Sunset Balcony on the Summit, and the Oceanview Bar / Deck has always been one of favorite spots on both S & M Class Ships.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for the pics, and all the great info.

This post convinced me that we need to book an Aqua Sunset Balcony for a cruise... Especially so as we LOVED our Concierge Sunset Balcony on the Summit, and the Oceanview Bar / Deck has always been one of favorite spots on both S & M Class Ships.

Cheers!

You can't go wrong with those cabins. Nothing like sitting out on your balcony at night listening to live music from down below. We had a guitar player a couple of yeas ago and he was great...not to mention the 22 second trip to the bar. Great location for grabbing a cocktail or glass of wine to enjoy in your cabin as you prepare for dinner.

MrJulius

(The OP)

You can't go wrong with those cabins. Nothing like sitting out on your balcony at night listening to live music from down below. We had a guitar player a couple of yeas ago and he was great...not to mention the 22 second trip to the bar. Great location for grabbing a cocktail or glass of wine to enjoy in your cabin as you prepare for dinner.

MrJulius

(The OP)

Hi MR JULIUS...

We had a Concierge C1 Sunset Balcony on our last cruise... And had a good time every evening out there having cocktails, standing at the rail & watching Sail Away with all the other Aft-ers... Listening to the music from the Oceanview Bar more than once had us all singing along or clapping loudly... Lol, his biggest fans on that cruise counted over 100 folks who never were up on Deck 10 for Sail Away

Proved to be a very unique way to meet other Pax... Above, below, around us etc

We nicknamed ourselves "the Coffee & Cocktail Set".... Cause Sunrises and Sail Ins often would see many of us again on our Balconies.

A1 Sunset Balconies are going to be all that and more...

Mr Sloop is very much looking forward to a short walk to the Oceanview Bar and the Cafe

Cannot wait.

Again thanks for all the details & pics... Sealed the deal for us.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 1 month later...

I had a sailaway party for all cruise critic people in this cabin on one cruise

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F&id=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F%211868

The Penthouse is really too large, but cabins 7199 and 7202 are to me the best cabins on the ship.

They each have 270 degrees of viewing angle. I have a picture of 7202 somewhere if anyone is interested.

• 4 months later...
I think you can tell a professional sun worshiper by the quality of the tan on the feet. Nice tan on those feet! And yes, this picture is worth at lease a thousand words.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and observations.

I wonder what skin cancer of the feet feels like.

DON

Did you ever post pictures, especially of the balcony? I am considering those same cabin for an upcoming cruise on Millennium. If you can't post, maybe you could email me something....

dcwarren@bellsouth.net

Thanks!

It's official. I am the worst at doing things in a timely manner. Thanks for "waking me up" with this reminder. Cruise Critic folks have been so helpful to me and truly for months I've been meaning to write my review but...fill in a hundred excuses here. Anyhow let me show you a couple of pics of the balcony and a few of the cabin.

We had 1141 and my parents had 1138. The balcony here is 1138 (there's Dad on his first cruise!). This was one of the rare occasions that people were hanging out above. Generally we had tons of privacy...don't think this would be the case in the Caribbean.

P1020769_zpsq05c77og.jpg

Edited by sky61