Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

How does one go about discovering that these rooms have become available?:confused:

Are you just obsessively checking the celebrity website?

Our TA put us on the "wait list" for one of the larger AQ balconies on deck 9 but says we can only be put on one wait list and I thought that might be easier to get than 1140, but I'm wondering if I should just wait list for 1140.

Hi we are looking at booking celebrity summit out of San Juan Oct 2013. We love Royal and originally booked Jewel until we found out that the balconies do not open between the cabins. We are looking at booking cabins 9062-9080 midship on Summit but worried about noise from pool deck 10. How does Royal compare to celebrity? Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SusieBrent

• 2 months later...
Cabin 1138 Secret Perks

Yes, those are two padded loungers !!!

I thought that we might end up with two plain chairs, or be thrilled with two reclining chairs, or be in seventh heaven with two reclining chairs and a footstool.

But padded loungers :D

On the first day, we were on the boat ahead of most people and I took the opportunity to peak around a couple of corners and guess what. Everyone else seems to have gotten chairs and footstools.

This was a pic of 1140 from day one...

1140furnishings.jpg

Nice, but not padded loungers.

I did have one of the best naps ever on my secret perk. One afternoon on a sea day I went out there with a couple of pillows from the bed, a couple of big 'ol pool towels, a couple of cocktails, and what a nap.

Thanks to whoever put those out there. If Celebrity is reading this...I'm making this whole thing up. I Photoshop'ed those in there and there is no need to go look. You'll only embarrass yourself when you get there. :p

MORE TO FOLLOW

Does anyone know if padded loungers are available for the Aqua Class aft cabins or have all of them been changed to the chairs and foot rests? Can you request a lounger? I am interested in cabin 1140.

Thanks very much

• 1 month later...

Thanks OP - I switched from 6143 to 1140 on the Connie for a cruise next April 2014, I was a little nervous because 6143 gets such rave reviews but this thread has made me feel much better !!

Just got back from the Summit AQ cabin 1138. There are chairs and footstools on the balconies. The cabin is lovely and new and very comfortable. Great stateroom attendant. Here are a few pictures.

Only one complaint- there were a few times that we couldn't sit outside because of the smoke from below at the Sunset Bar. It really depended on the way the wind was blowing. We were on the southern route and it was warm, so the smoke tended to hang in the air.

443705392_Summit2013025a.jpg.bf1a5905f6b3b472ebd1e15bef19a2da.jpg

1384864857_Summit2013027.jpg.eec5d2553aa74cad77ff9d947ea14620.jpg

357214822_Summit2013028.jpg.9ab26aa022a4be7b7166482e81f58860.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I've managed to get 1140 on the Millennium Alaska cruise on 5th July 2013.

Getting to/from Vancouver on BA upstairs in Club, one of the bus tours back to Anchorage, then Air Canada back to Vancouver, followed by a week visiting relatives in BC

Hope I made the right choice of cabin!

We were in 1140 last July on a cruise to Alaska. We LOVED the cabin! DH and I spent a lot of time on the balcony. The balcony was enormous. Half of it had an overhang which provided privacy from onlookers from above. If we were sitting towards the back of the balcony (away from our cabin), people from above could see down to us. If we were standing by the railing, people in the Sunset Bar could see us. We did enjoy making friends with people who were at the Sunset Bar. Several times we struck up a conversation from above and ended up at the bar drinking with fellow passengers. We got to know the bartenders and we could just yell down to them from our balcony and a few minutes later our drinks were at our door. If we wanted privacy, we just sat closer towards the cabin, under the overhang.

We enjoyed early evening cocktails from the bar and Sushi appetizer from the Windjammer Cafe most nights before dinner on the balcony.

We had a PRIME viewing spot on glacier day, sitting on our balcony.

We were never bothered by noise or smoke. We did have a little bit of ash on the chairs and table once or twice. But, having read on CC that this could be a potential issue, we just made sure to wipe off the table and chairs before we used them.

We loved eating in Blu. We liked the smaller, more intimate setting. The food most nights was good (not the best meals I have ever eaten, but none were bad). I have a food allergy and the staff was great about working with me. I never had an issue with the food. We also liked the open seating and that we could just show up whenever we wanted. We never waited more than a couple of minutes to be seated.

We did use the Persian Gardens a number of times on sea days. It was very peaceful and pretty empty.

The one downside is that it is not the easiest place on the ship to get places. In particular, it was not so easy to get to the fitness center - which we used on the days we were at sea or didn't have an early excursion booked. You either have to go downstairs by the Sunset Bar and walk through the Windjammer Cafe, or go outside and walk across the outer deck (which was difficult on very windy days), or take the elevator down and walk across the ship. It was an inconvenience, but wouldn't stop me from booking the cabin again.

If I were to travel on the M class again, I would get definitely try to get the cabin again.

Happy Sailing!

We were in 1140 last July on a cruise to Alaska. We LOVED the cabin! DH and I spent a lot of time on the balcony. The balcony was enormous. Half of it had an overhang which provided privacy from onlookers from above. If we were sitting towards the back of the balcony (away from our cabin), people from above could see down to us. If we were standing by the railing, people in the Sunset Bar could see us. We did enjoy making friends with people who were at the Sunset Bar. Several times we struck up a conversation from above and ended up at the bar drinking with fellow passengers. We got to know the bartenders and we could just yell down to them from our balcony and a few minutes later our drinks were at our door. If we wanted privacy, we just sat closer towards the cabin, under the overhang.

We enjoyed early evening cocktails from the bar and Sushi appetizer from the Windjammer Cafe most nights before dinner on the balcony.

We had a PRIME viewing spot on glacier day, sitting on our balcony.

We were never bothered by noise or smoke. We did have a little bit of ash on the chairs and table once or twice. But, having read on CC that this could be a potential issue, we just made sure to wipe off the table and chairs before we used them.

We loved eating in Blu. We liked the smaller, more intimate setting. The food most nights was good (not the best meals I have ever eaten, but none were bad). I have a food allergy and the staff was great about working with me. I never had an issue with the food. We also liked the open seating and that we could just show up whenever we wanted. We never waited more than a couple of minutes to be seated.

We did use the Persian Gardens a number of times on sea days. It was very peaceful and pretty empty.

The one downside is that it is not the easiest place on the ship to get places. In particular, it was not so easy to get to the fitness center - which we used on the days we were at sea or didn't have an early excursion booked. You either have to go downstairs by the Sunset Bar and walk through the Windjammer Cafe, or go outside and walk across the outer deck (which was difficult on very windy days), or take the elevator down and walk across the ship. It was an inconvenience, but wouldn't stop me from booking the cabin again.

If I were to travel on the M class again, I would get definitely try to get the cabin again.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for your post. So glad to hear that you enjoyed 1140 in Alaska. We are cruising Millennium B2B in June 2014 to Alaska and will be in the same cabin. I bet the glacier view was spectacular.

I'm so glad I discovered this thread...great pictures and comments! Thanks for all your time and effort!

I reserved 1140 on the Millennium last April -- sight unseen -- for a Pacific Coastal in September. I was a little nervous because we usually cruise in something larger, but I wanted to try BLU so AQ it was. After seeing the pictures, I think with the big balcony and the 23 second walk down to the bar, we'll be fine!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Mr. Julius and everyone who posted on this subject. My wife and I are doing the Bermuda trip, departing on June 23rd!! We have always wanted to try an aft cabin and I thought 1140 might fit the bill. Low and behold, I think it will. I hope to post a cruise review, upon our return. Stay tuned!!

Thanks Mr. Julius and everyone who posted on this subject. My wife and I are doing the Bermuda trip, departing on June 23rd!! We have always wanted to try an aft cabin and I thought 1140 might fit the bill. Low and behold, I think it will. I hope to post a cruise review, upon our return. Stay tuned!!

I agree - DH and I booked our 25th anniversary cruise in 1140 for June 2014. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity, and third cruise overall (2 on Disney Cruise Line). Since we are going to Bermuda June 22 next year, we will anxiously await your review paulscruisin!

We have 1140 and 1138 in early August , please let me know how it was. I am worried it may be rough? Never booked an aft cabin.

Did you book a guide too? I want to hear all about the cruise please.

Thanks

We had 1138 for the REPO this year and 1128 on the Bermuda run last year.

Loved being up there..we did have a rough day or so on may 4-5th..but no problem in the cabin

We were in 1130 for an Alaska Southbound earlier this month and it was wonderful. It is not as private as all the other balconies, but we had wonderful views and loved the location on the ship. It was quiet and convenient to the bar down below!