Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

We just finished the 7 day to Bermuda in 1140 on the Summit and it was great. This was our first time in an aft cabin and I think it's safe to say, not our last. The pics previously posted are very accurate. The balcony was huge. No lounge chairs, but the chairs and foot rests were more than adequate. The access, down the Sunset Bar stairs, was great. Easy to get to the bar and the buffet for some balcony snacks. We never smelled any cigarette smoke, although I could see if the wind were right how you might. We did hear some music and some voices from an activity. But nothing that negatively effected our vacation. We would recommend this cabin!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've just come back from Alaska Northbound cruise on Millennium yesterday and was in 1140.

Excellent cabin and I would recommend over any other Aqua Class cabins.

Edited by withabix

How did you like the room 1141, going in January!

Great pictures thanks so much. Did you have any of your meals in blu? Do you have any more pictures of your cabin? Does those stairs lead us right down to the bar if so I would think this is another perk of these cabins.

How did you like the room 1141, going in January!

We were just in 1141 going to Bermuda on the Summit and liked it very much. We were in 1138 the year before. We enjoy dining in Blu and the convenient location to the sunset bar.

I've just come back from Alaska Northbound cruise on Millennium yesterday and was in 1140.

Excellent cabin and I would recommend over any other Aqua Class cabins.

I hope you took good care of the cabin...I'll be in it in 55 days for the Wine Cruise!:D

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures and insights.

We are sailing Millennium Nov 2nd Honullu to Sydney 17 days followed by Sydney to Singapore Nov 20th. A long cruise!

The couple we are sailing with have 1138 1st leg and just moved to 1140 2nd leg.

We just moved to 1138 for the 2nd leg from 1132.

Laughed at the picture of the hammock, I tried that on our spring TA to Rome on Navigator in an aft cabin and got similar results. Only seen a hammock hung correctly in a usable way once on a cruise ship.

I gave mine to my sister for the kids to play around with.

We will open up between the balconies if we are still friends by then.

I told my buddy to call up and complain "1140 is an obstructed view" with the mast in the way.

I am sure he will try to get a discount if I know him : )

I think I won the Aqua class lottery yesterday.Celebrity lowered the price on A1 staterooms for the 8/18 Summit Bermuda cruise from $1549 to $1049 pp.I immediately upgraded and found cabin # 1138 available.Thanks to this thread,I booked #1138.My last Aqua class cruise was on the Silhoette in 2011 and have to ask do they still have the sparkling wine in your stateroom on embarkation day?

I think I won the Aqua class lottery yesterday.Celebrity lowered the price on A1 staterooms for the 8/18 Summit Bermuda cruise from $1549 to $1049 pp.I immediately upgraded and found cabin # 1138 available.Thanks to this thread,I booked #1138.My last Aqua class cruise was on the Silhoette in 2011 and have to ask do they still have the sparkling wine in your stateroom on embarkation day?

I meant to say$1149 pp.I just checked todays rates and Celebrity is now quoting $1549 pp for an A1.

You hit the lottery on that one. 1138 is a great cabin. The week you going is a tough one, we did that week 3 years ago before they upgraded the Summit. A lot of families a lot of kids, according to the crew it was very full. You will enjoy the balcony very much.

• 4 months later...

Just booked cabin 1138 on the Summit to Bermuda next summer after reading these great reviews and seeing the pictures! I've never sailed aft before, so this will be a change for us. Also, first time in AQ, so I'm really looking forward to that! Can't wait.

If anyone has sailed in these cabins recently, please post more pictures!!!! I love living vicariously until my cruise nears.

Just booked cabin 1138 on the Summit to Bermuda next summer after reading these great reviews and seeing the pictures! I've never sailed aft before, so this will be a change for us. Also, first time in AQ, so I'm really looking forward to that! Can't wait.

If anyone has sailed in these cabins recently, please post more pictures!!!! I love living vicariously until my cruise nears.

I'll be in room 1133 in earl feb. I'm planning on doing a photo review. Let me know if there is anything that interests you.

• 1 month later...
I am booked in Cabin 1141 on the Summit on the November 1, 2014 Southern Caribbean cruise, any information, Piccs etc, on this cabin..... Is the Bar that is below this cabin non-smoking.......any soot problems or smoke problems, Thanks

We will be in the same cabin in August.

Smoking is permitted on Port Side in the Sunset Bar but, according to comments read in the forum, smoke doesn't seem to reach the deck 11 balconies. Soot seems to occur from time to time, but not a major problem.

We are anxious to enjoy that well desired cabin and promise to take care of it for you. :)

• 1 month later...

So after reading all these posts I called my TA and got room # 1141. Woo hoo! Our first Celebrity sailing is bound to be an amazing one. The bad thing is next year we are on Infinity from Valparaiso to Florida and have a regular balcony cabin on deck 7. After this sailing AQ in July I'm afraid next years cabin will be a bit of a letdown. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

We are in Infinity AQ cabin 1120. We booked it because it is supposed to have a deeper balcony. Question: does the balcony taper on one side, making that side shallower? (we're weird--hate angled balconies) Some photos show this, but can't tell if it is 1120 or another cabin. Thanks much. And would love more photos :)

We are in Infinity AQ cabin 1120. We booked it because it is supposed to have a deeper balcony. Question: does the balcony taper on one side, making that side shallower? (we're weird--hate angled balconies) Some photos show this, but can't tell if it is 1120 or another cabin. Thanks much. And would love more photos :)

Sorry to say, but 1120 is a side balcony and the A1 side balconies do not have very deep balconies, nor do they taper. Here's a shot of the Millenium A1 balconies (1120 would be on this starboard side.).

Now 1130 is an aft, is deeper than side and does taper. See cabin layout image below. And the last image is a shot of the aft A1's. That would be 1130 on the end, far right, and 1138 next to it. Perhaps you meant 1130?

9313.jpg

aftbalconies.jpg

Edited by blazeinthesun

Sorry to say, but 1120 is a side balcony and the A1 side balconies do not have very deep balconies, nor do they taper. Here's a shot of the Millenium A1 balconies (1120 would be on this starboard side.).

Now 1130 is an aft, is deeper than side and does taper. See cabin layout image below. And the last image is a shot of the aft A1's. That would be 1130 on the end, far right, and 1138 next to it. Perhaps you meant 1130?

9313.jpg

aftbalconies.jpg

Sorry, it stripped the aft images of 1130 and 1138.

aftfrombelow.jpg

fyreus, I was in 1119 on Summit. It would be 1118 on the starboard side. The balcony in 1117 and 1119 are slightly bigger and have a little taper due to the bulge from the buffet below. Not a lot bigger but every little bit helps. Definitely smaller than the aft cabins as blazeinthesun pointed out. You can also see there is very little overhang above. These are pictures of the balcony in 1119 and fore and aft. If the port side is the same, 1120 would be similar to the next cabin in the aft picture. Very slight taper and not much difference in balcony size. The taper is more obvious in the forward picture toward 1117. I assume all of the M class ships are the same but don't know. Hope this helps.

DSC00803_zpsef42573a.jpg

AFT

DSC00807_zpsf476fd1c.jpg

Forward

DSC00806_zps829a79b6.jpg

Edited by rdt10