"Soda Only" Setup in Cabin

nostalgiaguru

We traded in everything, complete set up for diet coke and got 20 diet coke. If I remember correctly you get 8 mini alchohol, 6 sodas, 2 beer, 2 water, and 2 Perreir water, which adds up to 20. Just call room service when you board and tell them what you want swapped. They seem to be pretty quick when doing the swap, and you don't have to wait in your cabin, they will do the swap even if you are not there.

Beachbum

I agree with the above post. Traded in all the alcohol and recieved 20 cans of soda.
It is an item per item swap for that Elite mini-bar. Per Room Service on Emerald Princess in April, alcoholic items can be traded for soda/water, but soda/water cannot be traded for alcoholic drinks.

OK, I admit this is probably a stupid question but is what is in your fridge free? Or if you drink this are you getting docked for it? Should I just request to have nothing in it to be safe? haha

OK, I admit this is probably a stupid question but is what is in your fridge free? Or if you drink this are you getting docked for it? Should I just request to have nothing in it to be safe? haha

If you are not getting the elite (or suite) setup, then the only thing free in the fridge is the ice in the bucket.

Otherwise, any cans of soda or water bottles used will result in a charge to your account.

You can bring your own soda & water onboard at embarkation and put it in your refrigerator.

Your room steward will remove the not-free items from your cabin so you'll have room in your refrigerator.

That's what I do too - all Diet Coke and water bottles in exchange for the alcohol. It worked out to 20 items total.

'

Seriously?? You can do this?! How great! Do you need a soda card, or is it truly a free trade-off? Seems like there would be some 'small print' to get ya. :cool:

EDIT:

Whoops, just read other posts about it only being Elite. Darn!

You can bring your own soda & water onboard at embarkation and put it in your refrigerator.

Your room steward will remove the not-free items from your cabin so you'll have room in your refrigerator.

Its not like checking into a hotel, there is really no stocked minibar in your cabin at check in. The only to purchase items might be a bottle or two of water on the countertop.

Its not like checking into a hotel, there is really no stocked minibar in your cabin at check in. The only to purchase items might be a bottle or two of water on the countertop.

There can also be some Coke cans.

Archived