room selection

vtwgalmm

On the Celebrity website is there a way to check to see what rooms are still available. I can only find a place to put each room number individually and see if it is open. I would like to be able to look at the deck plan and see what rooms on that deck are open in order to make my decision. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

On the Celebrity website is there a way to check to see what rooms are still available. I can only find a place to put each room number individually and see if it is open. I would like to be able to look at the deck plan and see what rooms on that deck are open in order to make my decision. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Go to that roaming gnome site, it shows what is available :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From our experience with booking with both X and NCL, the short answer to your question is no. At any given time, each cruise line only shows a few rooms in each category as available; as far as I can tell, the reasoning is to sell less popular areas first (i.e. forward cabins) .

On X's site, you once could plug in particular room numbers within a category to see what is available - but apparently even that link isn't working of late.

If I understand your question, your best approach is to research a) what cabin category you want, and then, b) the particular cabin/general location you want. Then call the cruise line (or TA) and ask them for the specific cabin(s) you like; keep in mind, if you use a TA, apparently they only see the same room availability that you do, but they can call the cruise line themselves. Hope this helps.

There is a website you can use that shows, if not all the available cabins, most of them. It's s e a s c a n n e r dot com. Take out all the spaces and change the dot to . otherwise the Cruise Critic zapper will zap it. Just find the cruise you are looking for and click on the category that you want and it will show the available cabins.

Yes, the 'O City of Travel' website (just do a little rearrange of words there;) ) shows you the rooms avail one category at a time.

I must be missing something, any other hint to get there?

As far as I can tell, these other sites are still only showing what the cruise line wants to show as available (which is not everything). Maybe one of the CC TAs can chime in here, but I'm still betting these are not ALL the cabins available. Jes sayin'...

As far as I can tell, these other sites are still only showing what the cruise line wants to show as available (which is not everything). Maybe one of the CC TAs can chime in here, but I'm still betting these are not ALL the cabins available. Jes sayin'...

Have you checked the site I mentioned above? For my transpacific cruise in October 2113 it shows almost every C2 cabin available except mine and maybe 10 others, which I thought are sold or on hold.

It's a shame that the Celebrity site lacks this ability.

From our experience with booking with both X and NCL, the short answer to your question is no. At any given time, each cruise line only shows a few rooms in each category as available; as far as I can tell, the reasoning is to sell less popular areas first (i.e. forward cabins) .

On X's site, you once could plug in particular room numbers within a category to see what is available - but apparently even that link isn't working of late.

If I understand your question, your best approach is to research a) what cabin category you want, and then, b) the particular cabin/general location you want. Then call the cruise line (or TA) and ask them for the specific cabin(s) you like; keep in mind, if you use a TA, apparently they only see the same room availability that you do, but they can call the cruise line themselves. Hope this helps.

I generally like to book deck 7 cabins on M class ships in the area of the aft stairwell. There are some great balconies there with more space or angled. In booking my recent British Isles cruise for next May, I tried entering all twenty or so of the numbers in that area. They were all rejected, implying they were taken.

I decided to call X and talk to my friendly representative. Of all the cabins that I tried, there were still three available (even though rejected when I tried to book online). My advice, don't book online if you don't get the cabin you want, give X a call.

Have you checked the site I mentioned above? For my transpacific cruise in October 2113 it shows almost every C2 cabin available except mine and maybe 10 others, which I thought are sold or on hold.

It's a shame that the Celebrity site lacks this ability.

That's an awesome site, thanks for sharing it.

Roaming gnome shows up to 15 cabins in each category, this one seems to show all.

That's an awesome site, thanks for sharing it.

Roaming gnome shows up to 15 cabins in each category, this one seems to show all.

Actually, scanning the sea site doesn't show all, especially when there are quite a few months before sailaway. But you do get a much better idea of what is available using this site and you can plug in the cabin# of your choice, even if it's not hi-lited and check availability that way. For example the M-class sweet 16s on a cruise we were considering showed only the most forward, but when I put in the #s of others closer to midships, voila! they were there.

Thanks for the help. I'm not very good at this "looking things up" yet but I'm trying. I looked up two cruises on the sea______ and on one of them they didn't have a category 2C. Would that mean they are all sold. Thanks

PS I agree it would be a lot easier if Celebrity would just put it on their website. It would also be a lot easier if everybody listed their price the same way. Everytime I think I've found a price drop it seems that they tell me I'm comparing apples to oranges. Guess one day if I live long enough I'll get this all figured out. :)

I had the same problem where X was showing limited availability of good rooms for a Jan 2013 cruise. I called my TA who got X on the phone right then and came up with two better available rooms that weren't showing on the website.

There is a website you can use that shows, if not all the available cabins, most of them. It's s e a s c a n n e r dot com. Take out all the spaces and change the dot to . otherwise the Cruise Critic zapper will zap it. Just find the cruise you are looking for and click on the category that you want and it will show the available cabins.

Wow... the administrators must be napping. When I shared the name of the above site after I first joined these forums, they jumped all over me and deleted my post almost immediately! :cool:

Archived