10th and probably last Royal Caribbean Cruise.

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going. Nelble tells beachchic to get a life for stating the truth.

Last week I stood up for someone, the thread got locked, and all my posts disapeared. I did not say anything mean or nasty, nor did I start the thread.

We travel because we like to experience new and different adventures, meet people who have different and interesting lives, wether crew, Islanders, or passengers. We are all different, have different views, choose different destinations on different ships/lines.

But, I do not think it is right for someone to tell another CC member to get a life when they are doing/reading responding to the same thread:confused:

Texasmonk, I brought up the Smith case pages ago, I guess we are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzyed, be careful of everything you post. The world is watching and looking for an opportunity to pounce. I KNOW how you feel:(

Now can we all agree to disagree?:D

And Heidi, don't forget that drink on formal night, in your pretty dress/formal ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I decided on my bedazeled jeans! He He

Not forgeting!

I'm curious as to why you say you would not cruise on NCL. Do you have specific reasons? If so, please let me know why you adamantly say

"I would not cruise on NCL".

Lots of people would not cruise NCL. I wouldn't get aboard one of their ships if someone gave me the tickets for free. It is my personal choice to have a decent, civilized dining experience and not be forced to paying extra for edible food.

Charles, if we can buy a liter of rum in St. Maartin for $5.00, imagine what the cruise lines get it for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had the alcohol package on Celebrity. After 6 to 9 drinks, we were not even buzzed!!!!!!!!!!!!:( The drinks were so weak even tipping extra did not help. The bartenders said that they were monitered to get a certain amount out of each bottle and free pours will be a thing of the past. Enjoy it now folks, as pre measuring in on the horizon!!!!!!!

I don't have to imagine. That bottle of rum would wholesale for $1.75.

As for six to nine drinks, well I can't imagine that. Two Martinis on Celebrity at the Martini Bar and I have a buzz. When on a cruise I limit myself to one martini an evening. Or two standard cocktails. Two beers, or two glasses of wine. No more than two drinks. The drinks onboard don't seem weak to me. Except the free drinks they hand out at the Captains cocktail party.

The other person said she had never seen anyone drunk on a cruise. I have seen plenty drunk. The drinks are pushed everywhere. When I get a bottle of wine at dinner they want to pour the whole bottle out at one sitting. You have to stop them if you can. That is why I have devolved to ordering wine by the glass.

Read the entire thread and noted that no one recognized the fact that the OP had sailed 10 cruises on Royal. Unless they were short cruises, that would probably make the OP Diamond and even on ships without a Diamond lounge, the wine is free at the nightly event.

One way to get a bottle of wine in your cabin is to ask your TA to provide it. Whenever I negotiate with a TA, I ask for a bottle of wine in the cabin. Not usually great stuff, but free is free and suitcase weight is at a premium these days.

JMTCW

Hey, beachchick, get a life.

Lol! Yeah that makes sense.

Since you have no logical response to my post I will assume you agree with my statement.

And I have a life thank you. One where I don't think I'm better than other people because I sail a certain line.

Lots of people would not cruise NCL. I wouldn't get aboard one of their ships if someone gave me the tickets for free. It is my personal choice to have a decent, civilized dining experience and not be forced to paying extra for edible food.

I'm just curious as to what is wrong with NCL and you saying what you are saying. How many times have you cruised on NCL to make this statement?

Kelly, excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Charles, the wine and beer, I quess they can't dilute, but at home I/we only want/need two rum and cokes, or two pina coladas. When you are ordering over a dozen between the two of us, they are watered down, even more so than at the private parties. We loved the convenience of the package, but was disapointed in the price we paid for the kool ade drinks.

Read the entire thread and noted that no one recognized the fact that the OP had sailed 10 cruises on Royal. Unless they were short cruises, that would probably make the OP Diamond and even on ships without a Diamond lounge, the wine is free at the nightly event.

One way to get a bottle of wine in your cabin is to ask your TA to provide it. Whenever I negotiate with a TA, I ask for a bottle of wine in the cabin. Not usually great stuff, but free is free and suitcase weight is at a premium these days.

JMTCW

The wine at the Diamond event is plonk. What they served free on Mariner of the Seas at the Diamond event was some kind of house brand that was so bad I would not drink it even for free. My TA did send a bottle of wine to my cabin LOL, it was the same plonk they were serving at the evening Diamond event.

That said I never have and never will pack a bottle of wine in a suitcase even on cruise lines that allow a bottle. A lot can happen in the handling of a suitcase. A broken bottle might not be likely but it is conceivable. And as you say it is extra weight and takes up space. The only way I would bring an allowed bottle onboard is carry it on.

JMTCW

Hmmm....are you sure? Go back and look at posts 19, 32, 41, 75, and 122. :rolleyes:

I think she was more referencing the fact she should be Diamond after those 10 cruises. Not just that she had been on 10 cruises. I think they explained this in their OTHER thread about the same topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635700

Thank you all for providing me with some entertaining reading material while I watch the ball game!:)

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you are from Dallas. Who are you playing? I'm a Phillies Phan and chewing my nails off watching the Red Sox one run behind in the 8th!!!!!!:eek:

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you are from Dallas. Who are you playing? I'm a Phillies Phan and chewing my nails off watching the Red Sox one run behind in the 8th!!!!!!:eek:

Rangers v. Astros -- on DVR, so no scores please!

So why wouldn't you accept free tickets for a cruise on NCL? How many times have you cruised with NCL?

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going. Nelble tells beachchic to get a life for stating the truth.

Last week I stood up for someone, the thread got locked, and all my posts disapeared. I did not say anything mean or nasty, nor did I start the thread.

We travel because we like to experience new and different adventures, meet people who have different and interesting lives, wether crew, Islanders, or passengers. We are all different, have different views, choose different destinations on different ships/lines.

But, I do not think it is right for someone to tell another CC member to get a life when they are doing/reading responding to the same thread:confused:

Texasmonk, I brought up the Smith case pages ago, I guess we are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzyed, be careful of everything you post. The world is watching and looking for an opportunity to pounce. I KNOW how you feel:(

Now can we all agree to disagree?:D

And Heidi, don't forget that drink on formal night, in your pretty dress/formal ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ocean Dancer, I like how you think! I agree with you, that we can have different likes, dislikes, views and feelings. The one thing we all seem to have in common is that we like to cruise and all that cruising entails. ;) :D

Ocean Dancer, I like how you think! I agree with you, that we can have different likes, dislikes, views and feelings. The one thing we all seem to have in common is that we like to cruise and all that cruising entails. ;) :D

Thank you, that was nice, I usually say what I think and sometimes get in trouble.

I wouldn't get aboard one of their ships if someone gave me the tickets for free. It is my personal choice to have a decent, civilized dining experience and not be forced to paying extra for edible food.

We really enjoyed our two cruises to Alaska on NCL....the crew and of course, Alaska, was amazing! I also like that formal night was optional (as it is on most cruises, really), and most did not dress up. But that might have been because it was an Alaskan cruise and maybe they tend to be more casual?

And while we also enjoyed the specialty restaurants in which we paid a fee of $10-$35 (the Mexican one was free at the time), I agree, you shouldn't have to pay to have decent food on a cruise.

I'm sure many find the food to be fine in the MDR, but it was not our favorite cruise dining experience.

I felt like the price we paid for the suite we booked, made up for having to shell out $$ for dinner.

Different strokes!

Rangers v. Astros -- on DVR, so no scores please!

Sorry off topic, but Nolan Ryan was an idol of our youngest son. He has two girls, but if he ever has a son he wants to name him Nolan or Ryan.

Good luck with your game, do not know your score, but the Phillies just won 6 to 4!!!!!!!!!!:D

Sorry off topic, but Nolan Ryan was an idol of our youngest son. He has two girls, but if he ever has a son he wants to name him Nolan or Ryan.

Good luck with your game, do not know your score, but the Phillies just won 6 to 4!!!!!!!!!!:D

I know the score. I won't spoil though. I have the great MLB.com At Bat app. Nats and Orioles tied 1-1.

Poppycock. They ban it for revenue enhancement. I am surprised that other cruise lines including sister brand Celebrity still allow a bottle or two to be brought onboard.

Poppycock - after the Smith incident I'm surprised it took as long as it did for Royal Caribbean to act. I agree, this was not done for revenue enhancement, it was done for revenue protection.

It seems rather strange that the people claiming Royal Caribbean is doing this for revenue enhancement don't like it because they are trying to save money. If it is not okay for Royal Caribbean to make money then it is not for the passengers to save money. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Royal Caribbean's alcohol policy is so out of line with the rest of the cruise industry, that I doubt I will sail again with them.

Most lines (Princess, Norwegian, Cunard, Disney, and even Carnival) allow you to bring on at least 1 bottle of wine/champagne! Are they that desperate for revenue that they forbid even a bottle of champagne for a celebration???

If not for the revenue, then just how many 59 year old women do they have onboard, who go hog wild on a glass or two of champagne? Do they not even have respect for their passengers, that they will behave in a responsible manner?

Unbelievable!!

You just made diamond and now you are going to give it all up because you can't bring alcohol aboard? Your choice.

However, after the Smith incident why should Royal Caribbean trust ALL of its passengers to be responsible. I sure don't. Sure, perhaps it is only 20 or 30 per ship (the 1%) but that one percent ruins it for the other 99%. What else is new?

You just made diamond and now you are going to give it all up because you can't bring alcohol aboard? Your choice.

However, after the Smith incident why should Royal Caribbean trust ALL of its passengers to be responsible. I sure don't. Sure, perhaps it is only 20 or 30 per ship (the 1%) but that one percent ruins it for the other 99%. What else is new?

I have not made diamond. As I explained previously, many of my cruises were shorter ones out of Florida. (We live about 45 minutes from Port Canaveral), so we did some spur of the moment cruises. My cruise (the 10th) on Monday is just a 4 nighter. So I am thinking, I still won't be diamond even after that.

Cruise points did not always accumulate as they do now, so, no I am not diamond yet. Presently I am emerald.

Archived