Can you take the Bart from SFO to Pier 35?

Suncat

If you read here, you will see that, no BART doesn't go to Pier 35, the closest stop is on Market St, a little less than a mile away. You may then take the F Trolley, but that will be the choke point for your luggage - it is no problem on BART, but the F Trolley is the most popular in SF, and oxygen is often rationed. Or you take a taxi from the BART stop.

Other threads here also discuss the shuttle and other options.

I tried this on my last trip to fishermans wharf in SF with luggage. NEVER AGAIN!! I hauled my luggage to the Bart station, which took me to another Bart startion. You get off and finally got on the train. Once downtown I ended up taking a bus. If I remember right the Bart portion was $5.85 and that was a yr or so ago. A shuttle may have cost $14-16 so no I owuld never do this. It took a long time, was incovenient and really saved nothing.

You can use SFO Limo like I did and the rates are as low as $35

sfolimoride@yahoo.com

475-351-8183

I tried this on my last trip to fishermans wharf in SF with luggage. NEVER AGAIN!! I hauled my luggage to the Bart station, which took me to another Bart startion. You get off and finally got on the train. Once downtown I ended up taking a bus. If I remember right the Bart portion was $5.85 and that was a yr or so ago. A shuttle may have cost $14-16 so no I owuld never do this. It took a long time, was incovenient and really saved nothing.

You can use SFO Limo like I did and the rates are as low as $35

sfolimoride@yahoo.com

475-351-8183

Hmmmm, several confusing points here. First, the walk from Fisherman's Wharf to BART is over a mile, close to a mile and a half. Doable, but, hmmmm.

Second, if you went into the Embarcadero BART station, a BART train there will take you to the airport.

Lastly, the area code on the phone number probably is 415, which is SF's area code.

yes your right on the 415 area code. In SFO you go to one 'station' which was sort of in the parking garage area then you transferred to another station to get the regular Bart Train. I got off on Mkt st to try to take the F line which I did with luggage. I just felt the time I spent and the hassle wasn't worth the cost saving.

It is easy to take BART and Muni from SFO to the pier, or visa versa, but luggage can complicate things... My wife and I took a Vancouver-SF repositioning cruise a few years ago, drove to the airport, parked at long term parking, flew to Vancouver, ship to SF, Muni F line to Embarcadero BART station, to SFO and the car. The cruise was short, so limited luggage... this made it work well, tons of luggage could be an issue. We benefited from a mid day arrival.

If I was going from SFO to the pier, I would likely transfer from BART to Muni F line at Civic Center, the first transfer point, where the street car will be a little less crowded... I would avoid the morning rush hour (7:00 am to 9:30, a bit more than an hour).

The BART station is in the international terminal... you can walk from United, but might want to take the SFO Airtrain from other domestic airlines, particularly from Southwest or Virgin.

Randy

We take BART from the station near our home to SFO all the time. At SFO there is the AirTrain that moves people around the airport itself and stops at the SFO BART station. The BART station is near United and the International terminal. For other terminals you might want to catch the AirTrain to avoid schleping luggage.

Once on BART you may ride to Embarcadero and transfer to the F streetcar or catch a cab to the pier. You can also transfer to the streetcar earlier at Civic Center.

Super Shuttle is $17 and is a shared van, so the odds are very good you will make a pit stop or two or three before you get across town to the pier. Traffic can also slow up the shuttle. BART keeps moving even when the roads are clogged.

A cab from SFO will be around $50.

The BART fare is $8.10 / $3.00*

*Senior and youth

MUNI fares are $2 / $0.75*

Senior and youth fares

A cab from Bart to the pier will be around 10.50 before a tip.

The AirTrain is free.

Archived