Is there a best time of year to cruise the Mediterranean...Italy & Greek Isles

NYCRUISR

Please explain why avoid August ? living in Perth Australia this year we have had 65 days over 35c about 95 fht and 4 days over 39c about 100 fht so whats wrong with August as we are used to hot weather Aussie

Venice depends on the sea to clean the waters around it - we took a German land tour and spent 3 days living in a sewer! It was August and you could fry eggs on the sidewalk, if you could get by the stink to eat them! Apparently the "cleansing" tides did not do the job! What should have been a great trip turned out to be a very expensive and miserable visit - living on a ship would have helped but even so I will never return. The locals hate the tourists but can't live without them. Be prepared to get ripped off! In the 10 years spent in Germany and having traveled most of the world this is at the bottom of my list!

Venice depends on the sea to clean the waters around it - we took a German land tour and spent 3 days living in a sewer! It was August and you could fry eggs on the sidewalk, if you could get by the stink to eat them! Apparently the "cleansing" tides did not do the job! What should have been a great trip turned out to be a very expensive and miserable visit - living on a ship would have helped but even so I will never return. The locals hate the tourists but can't live without them. Be prepared to get ripped off! In the 10 years spent in Germany and having traveled most of the world this is at the bottom of my list!

We have been to Venice in August also but have never been bothered with smells. I still think June would be best.

Venice in the evening when all the day trippers have gone is a wonderful place. The orchestras in St Marks Square are not to be missed.

Please explain why avoid August ? living in Perth Australia this year we have had 65 days over 35c about 95 fht and 4 days over 39c about 100 fht so whats wrong with August as we are used to hot weather Aussie

Not the hot weather (although not comfortable for sightseeing) I was thinking how crowded everywhere is in the Med.

We have booked Ruby Barcelona to Venice August as i said before the hot weather does not worry us plus also a cold weather wimp.

the worst country to predict the weather is England last time we were there Summer was in July it was on a Wednesday. from these post everybody enjoys the Med good or bad weather have a G/DAY Aussie.

We have done a few Med cruises and always shoot for early spring or late fall.

For us, that time is ideal. You avoid the awful summer heat and humidity. You also are before or after the tourist crush and it is much easier to visit the historic sites.

Just our opinion, but it certainly has worked out well for our cruises in the Mediterranean area.

P&J

• 3 weeks later...

We are leaving on July 5th, 2013. Is it going to be horribly hot and really busy? We wanted to go in June, but the kids do not get out of school until June 28th :(

Who has been on a mediterranean cruise in July - was it horribly hot??:confused:

Archived