Royal caribbean Monarch First Time cruise ?

I am sailing for the first time July 2-6th on Monarch of the seas. We are leaving from Port Canaveral. How early can we board? On our boarding information it says we can board at 1:30. How early can we board?

Also, what hotels near Port Canaveral will let you park while you cruise? Are the lots safe?

THanks

Depending on how quickly the ship gets cleared to zero count, you can sometimes board as early as 11am or so.

They do give priority boarding to weddings & to crown & anchor (RCCL's loyalty program) status guests. You should be able to board after those groups.

Welcome to cruise critic & to cruising.

Port Canaveral will let you park while you cruise? Are the lots safe?

THanks

I use the Laquinta Inn on North Atlantic Ave in Cocoa Beach. Many people recommend Country Inn and Suites or the Radisson which are closer to the port.

We went on this trip last week. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites and we were on their 10:30 shuttle(earlier than I wanted but the next one was at 12:30 and I didn't want that late). Duane dropped us off about 10:45 and we had to wait until 11 before the check in staff arrived. Once checked in we had to wait until 11:30 before they started letting us board. We were onboard at 11:45.

We went on this trip last week. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites and we were on their 10:30 shuttle(earlier than I wanted but the next one was at 12:30 and I didn't want that late). Duane dropped us off about 10:45 and we had to wait until 11 before the check in staff arrived. Once checked in we had to wait until 11:30 before they started letting us board. We were onboard at 11:45.

We just came off of her yesterday. We got to the port at 11 on friday and were on the ship by 11:15. The Cruise director mention this in one of his info speaches about people coming on board aroun 11. the earlier people board the sooner they start spending money (at least on the drinks)

I use the Laquinta Inn on North Atlantic Ave in Cocoa Beach. Many people recommend Country Inn and Suites or the Radisson which are closer to the port.

I've stayed at Country Inn. Top notch! Great food and nice rooms. Wonderful shuttle service too. The reason we chose this one over the Radisson is because of the shuttle service. The bigger hotel you may have to wait for a shuttle but for the country inn we boarded right away and off we went!

Archived