my first cruise with princess...quick review..

only1deejay

I am no longer a cruise virgin...took my first trip to canada and princess was the pilot.

here's the deal...I realize that I am paying for A to B transportation over water...and a floating hotel and food/beverage options.

that's it really, nothing more nothing less.

Ship....Star Princess...funny how they say recent dry dock...could have fooled me....she needs fresh paint in most areas...touch up mostly....I had a balcony cabin and it was nice except for the bathroom (TINY).

Food was average and plenty of it...did not partake in the specialty spots on board.

gift shop was a joke...old merch, expensive.

entertainment was fine for a quick 2 day journey.

staff was friendly and aimed to please.

overall cruising is a great way to relax and let someone else drive/pilot you to your destination.

I will be a repeat customer.:)

Glad you enjoyed it despite some of the comments.

I don`t think of it as a way from a to b. Sometimes you finish where you started anyway.:p:)

Glad you will be back. Most of us on this board return again and again.

Thanks for your first time observations!

I know what you mean about the small bathroom. I remember the first time I cruised, thought I was prepared for a small space but it still was surprising. Hopefully your comments will prepare other first time cruisers to be ready for the tiny bathroom.

You'll have a much different experience on a longer cruise. It's impossible to get a full cruising experience in 2 days. That is why you felt like it was just getting from a to b. On a 2 day cruise you are essentially getting on and off the ship. Glad you are going to try it again--you should definitely go for a week next time!:D I know you will have a much different experience.

BTW: Your ship may have been worse then usual, but upkeep and painting is a constant on a ship--they have an ongoing battle against rust from the salt water, so there is a never ending need to scrape and paint! I have never been on a ship where they weren't painting--even newer ships.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but as others have already said, your expectations for and experience of cruising were substantially different from many of ours. And yes, I'd think a 2-dayer would be atypical. For me, even a week's too short to get fully into the swing of things.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but as others have already said, your expectations for and experience of cruising were substantially different from many of ours. And yes, I'd think a 2-dayer would be atypical. For me, even a week's too short to get fully into the swing of things.
I agree my first time on a boat was a two day boat ride and thats what i alway call it I loved it but was not cruise then I did a seven day cruise now that was cruising these are my only two experiences so far and would love to do a back to back there is just something about waking up to ocean and different island everyday.

Thanks for sharing. The lavatories get some adjusting to on that first cruise and the overall experience is too much to take in on a two-day trip. My first cruise was a three-day round trip on a relic called the Azure Seas outof the west coast. Small ship, much smaller cabins and facilities etc. I am so glad that I enjoyed it enough to come back. Today's mega ships are fantastic and 7-day or longer cruises really get me into relaxation mode by day 2.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Just back from my first time with Princess cruises on Island Princess to Alaska. All was up to and above expectations except the weather. Another cruise line on my list of favourites. Thank you Princess.

Archived