Would love your input on our itinerary.

Liz315

We are two couples (mid 40's to 50's) going on a SB cruise on Celebrity June/July 2013 .WE will spend a week on land first then the cruise. Please take a peek at our itinerary and critique it for me. We are all pretty active and will do almost anything. Not worried about the high cost of the excursions, it is what it is and we are willing to pay for it! This is a 'bucket list' trip so nothing is off the table. The only thing that I wouldn't be interested is an actual glacier climb, I've no experience rock climbing but would love to walk around and hike a bit on a glacier or two. Please feel free to recommend a tour company and/or excursion or let me know if something I'm looking at wouldn't be a great choice. This is our first Alaska trip and realize that we are not seeing Denali, we've decided on the Kenai peninsular for this trip and will see Denali next trip. Thanks so much in advance.

Saturday - fly NY to Anchorage, rent Yukon 4x4 at airport (already reserved).

Sunday - Drive from Anchorage to Homer taking our time to stop at any must see spots along the way. Please recommend your favorite stops along this route.

Monday -Homer - Alaska Bear Adventure to Katmai. Fly over volcanoes, etc. and land on beach to see the bears. We are thinking K-Bay Air or possibly Emerald Air...any thoughts on which company to use?

Tuesday-Homer - The guys will go Halibut fishing out of Homer - any good recommendations on who to use? My best friend and I will likely go to Seldovia. Rainbow tours? Any thoughts?

Wednesday - Drive from Homer to Seward. Ideally I would love to go do the 26 Glacier tour in PWS on our way but am not sure if the rest of our group would want to get up early enough to make the drive to catch the Whittier tunnel by 10:30 am. It would probably mean leaving Homer by about 6:30 am (does this sound about right to you?). Otherwise nothing specific planned except just enjoying our ride to Seward, then exploring Seward (and possibly the sealife museum) for the rest of day.

Thursday -Seward - Kenai Fjords! Probably the 9 hour Northwestern but am open to suggestions and other recommendations.

Friday -Seward - I would like to do a helicopter scenic tour of the glaciers/ice field. Which one do you recommend? Exit Glacier guides or Seward Helicopter tours? I would like to see as much as possible with a possible glacier landing, not a big hiker but would love to walk around a bit on the glacier. Return car and get on cruise ship by around 5 or 6pm.

Saturday - Hubbard Glacier cruising.

Sunday - Juneau 9am - 9pm - Harv & Marv whale watching and Pilots choice glacier tour with Temsco. Can I fit both into my day and still stroll around town a bit w/out rushing? OR should I go with a Tracy Arm boat tour for the day? Any input would be great, thanks.

Monday - Skagway 7am - 8:30pm - We are thinking of doing the Beyond Skagway tour with Becky. Considered the train but like the idea of our own guide and no crowds, any input here?

Tuesday - Icy Strait Point 7am - 4pm - Whale watching, any recommendations on who to go with?

Wednesday - Ketchikan 9am - 6pm - Misty Fjords floatplane, Any other recommendations for this port?

Thursday - Cruising inside passage.

Friday - Vancouver - no plan yet but we can stay a few days and would love and appreciate any recommendations for seeing this city.

Saturday - Vancouver

Sunday - fly Vancouver to NY

The only question I have is why are you renting a Yukon 4x4? Gas is selling in Anchorage for like $4.50 a gallon-it is higher on the Kenai. There is no reason to drive a 4x4 in JUne or July-unless you plan on driving off road-with rental car companies hate.

Your drive will cost you some bucks for gas. FWIW.

We are two couples (mid 40's to 50's) going on a SB cruise on Celebrity June/July 2013 .WE will spend a week on land first then the cruise.

What date are you cruising or haven't you decided that yet? We'll be on the Millie June 28, 2013 - I've already started a roll call so come on over and we can compare itineraries! We've decided to see Denali and hike on the Matanuska Glacier. I don't have everything solidified yet, but will work on that more after my "I-35 College Tour" trip with my oldest next month. I'm sort of on planning overload right now and need a small break!

Here's the link to the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593703

I'm not sure if you realize that Whittier (for the 26-Glacier cruise) is on the other side of the cut-off for Seward. I would allow 5 hours for the drive from Homer to Whittier...4 should be okay, but if you have traffic or road construction problems, you would have driven a long way out of your way for nothing. If you want to do it, I would suggest you do so on your way south, on Sunday, and spend a night enroute to Homer. Otherwise, how about a Kenai Fjords trip out of Seward?

We are two couples (mid 40's to 50's) going on a SB cruise on Celebrity June/July 2013 .WE will spend a week on land first then the cruise. Please take a peek at our itinerary and critique it for me. We are all pretty active and will do almost anything. Not worried about the high cost of the excursions, it is what it is and we are willing to pay for it! This is a 'bucket list' trip so nothing is off the table. The only thing that I wouldn't be interested is an actual glacier climb, I've no experience rock climbing but would love to walk around and hike a bit on a glacier or two. Please feel free to recommend a tour company and/or excursion or let me know if something I'm looking at wouldn't be a great choice. This is our first Alaska trip and realize that we are not seeing Denali, we've decided on the Kenai peninsular for this trip and will see Denali next trip. Thanks so much in advance.

Sunday - Drive from Anchorage to Homer taking our time to stop at any must see spots along the way. Please recommend your favorite stops along this route.

Monday -Homer - Alaska Bear Adventure to Katmai. Fly over volcanoes, etc. and land on beach to see the bears. We are thinking K-Bay Air or possibly Emerald Air...any thoughts on which company to use?

Tuesday-Homer - The guys will go Halibut fishing out of Homer - any good recommendations on who to use? My best friend and I will likely go to Seldovia. Rainbow tours? Any thoughts?

Wednesday - Drive from Homer to Seward. Ideally I would love to go do the 26 Glacier tour in PWS on our way but am not sure if the rest of our group would want to get up early enough to make the drive to catch the Whittier tunnel by 10:30 am. It would probably mean leaving Homer by about 6:30 am (does this sound about right to you?). Otherwise nothing specific planned except just enjoying our ride to Seward, then exploring Seward (and possibly the sealife museum) for the rest of day.

Thursday -Seward - Kenai Fjords! Probably the 9 hour Northwestern but am open to suggestions and other recommendations.

Friday -Seward - I would like to do a helicopter scenic tour of the glaciers/ice field. Which one do you recommend? Exit Glacier guides or Seward Helicopter tours? I would like to see as much as possible with a possible glacier landing, not a big hiker but would love to walk around a bit on the glacier. Return car and get on cruise ship by around 5 or 6pm.

Sunday - Juneau 9am - 9pm - Harv & Marv whale watching and Pilots choice glacier tour with Temsco. Can I fit both into my day and still stroll around town a bit w/out rushing? OR should I go with a Tracy Arm boat tour for the day? Any input would be great, thanks.

Monday - Skagway 7am - 8:30pm - We are thinking of doing the Beyond Skagway tour with Becky. Considered the train but like the idea of our own guide and no crowds, any input here?

Tuesday - Icy Strait Point 7am - 4pm - Whale watching, any recommendations on who to go with?

Wednesday - Ketchikan 9am - 6pm - Misty Fjords floatplane, Any other recommendations for this port?

Friday - Vancouver - no plan yet but we can stay a few days and would love and appreciate any recommendations for seeing this city.

Saturday - Vancouver

For bear tours out of Homer, you really need to allow two days, since they are subject to weather cancelations. IF you do want to do a PWS boat tour, as mentioned, it works well your first day. I too wonder why the 4x4? But, you do mention cost is not an issue- so have fun. :) But since you are sailing RCI or Celebrity, with only Hubbard glacier sailing, if PWS is a priority, then add it somehow. This is a top choice for glacier beauty. And it is unpredictable, how your Hubbard glacier viewing will be.

In Seward- you have some misinformation. Exit Glacier Guides is a non flying glacier access that does require fitness and is an extensive hike. I recommend Godwin's Helicopters. Northwestern Fjords route is excellent.

You could add Matanuska which is a drive up glacier trek, along with a look at Hatcher Pass/Independence Mine.

Yes you can fit a whale watch and helicopter flight, easily for Juneau.

I recommend Teckk for whale watching out of Hoonah.

Out of Ketchikan, I recommend Southeast Aviation for Misty Fjords, also if going in July, Anan would be excellent.

You are over a year out. I would not be so firm in an itinerary at this point. You are bound to find out more and more, and there is no need to get any further reservations until fall or later. Keep fine tuning this and don't lock in the plans just yet. Only my opinion. :)

Saturday - Vancouver

There is a ton of information and ideas in the Canadian forum. However a great way to see the city and its attractions are via a HOHO of which there are 3. I personally recommend the Vancouver Trolley who pioneered the service and provide live narration. Many people enjoy excursions to the Capilano Suspension bridge and to Grouse Mountain which are only minutes apart. Both of these attractions are about 30 minutes from downtown and offer free shuttles which are operated by who else, Vancouver Trolley. Things like Stanley Park, historic Gastown and Granville Island are also thngs you will want to see but they are included in the HOHO routes.

www.vancouvertrolley.com/

http://www.bigbus.ca/

http://www.vancouverpinkbustours.com/

www.capbridge.com/

http://www.grousemountain.com/

http://city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/parks/stanley/

http://www.granvilleisland.com/en

http://www.gastown.org/

The only question I have is why are you renting a Yukon 4x4? Gas is selling in Anchorage for like $4.50 a gallon-it is higher on the Kenai. There is no reason to drive a 4x4 in JUne or July-unless you plan on driving off road-with rental car companies hate.

Your drive will cost you some bucks for gas. FWIW.

Hi, thanks for the input. We picked the yukon for the room in provides, not planning on doing any off road driving. We all drive large suv's at home and like the extra space. We are 4 tall people with 4 suitcases, 4 backpacks and will probably stop and buy a cooler to have with us. Hertz said that midsize vehicles will not have enough room for all of that and us. Gas is over $4.00 per gallon here too :eek:

For bear tours out of Homer, you really need to allow two days, since they are subject to weather cancelations. IF you do want to do a PWS boat tour, as mentioned, it works well your first day. I too wonder why the 4x4? But, you do mention cost is not an issue- so have fun. :) But since you are sailing RCI or Celebrity, with only Hubbard glacier sailing, if PWS is a priority, then add it somehow. This is a top choice for glacier beauty. And it is unpredictable, how your Hubbard glacier viewing will be.

In Seward- you have some misinformation. Exit Glacier Guides is a non flying glacier access that does require fitness and is an extensive hike. I recommend Godwin's Helicopters. Northwestern Fjords route is excellent.

You could add Matanuska which is a drive up glacier trek, along with a look at Hatcher Pass/Independence Mine.

Yes you can fit a whale watch and helicopter flight, easily for Juneau.

I recommend Teckk for whale watching out of Hoonah.

Out of Ketchikan, I recommend Southeast Aviation for Misty Fjords, also if going in July, Anan would be excellent.

You are over a year out. I would not be so firm in an itinerary at this point. You are bound to find out more and more, and there is no need to get any further reservations until fall or later. Keep fine tuning this and don't lock in the plans just yet. Only my opinion. :)

Thanks so much for your input. I've decided to do the bears the first day in Homer in case of a cancellation, Then I can do the bears the next day. The boys will miss it but I won't.

Seward - Exit glacier's website does state that they do a helicopter-glacier landing. So I guess I just need to figure out the best of the three - Godwin glacier tours, Exit glacier guides or Seward Helicopter tours (they use Pollux aviation). Then which tour I want, the Elsworth Glacier tour or the Harding Icefield tour. Decisions, decisions!

Matenuska/Hatcher pass looks good thanks for the heads-up.

Nothing too firm in itinerary yet except for car res. just trying to gather a rough game plan as there is so much information to sift through, it def. helps to see it writing. I am also trying to make sure I know where all the best highlights of the trip are and plan accordingly.

I'm not sure if you realize that Whittier (for the 26-Glacier cruise) is on the other side of the cut-off for Seward. I would allow 5 hours for the drive from Homer to Whittier...4 should be okay, but if you have traffic or road construction problems, you would have driven a long way out of your way for nothing. If you want to do it, I would suggest you do so on your way south, on Sunday, and spend a night enroute to Homer. Otherwise, how about a Kenai Fjords trip out of Seward?

I wasn't sure about this, that's why I asked. Thanks for clarifying, I def. need to re-figure things so I can get to do this PWS glacier tour. Everyone here is such a wealth of info, thank you all for sharing.

There is a ton of information and ideas in the Canadian forum. However a great way to see the city and its attractions are via a HOHO of which there are 3. I personally recommend the Vancouver Trolley who pioneered the service and provide live narration. Many people enjoy excursions to the Capilano Suspension bridge and to Grouse Mountain which are only minutes apart. Both of these attractions are about 30 minutes from downtown and offer free shuttles which are operated by who else, Vancouver Trolley. Things like Stanley Park, historic Gastown and Granville Island are also thngs you will want to see but they are included in the HOHO routes.

www.vancouvertrolley.com/

http://www.bigbus.ca/

http://www.vancouverpinkbustours.com/

www.capbridge.com/

http://www.grousemountain.com/

http://city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/parks/stanley/

http://www.granvilleisland.com/en

http://www.gastown.org/

Thanks so much, these look great, looking forward to digging in on my research for Vancouver to find out more details on these.

Seward - Exit glacier's website does state that they do a helicopter-glacier landing. So I guess I just need to figure out the best of the three - Godwin glacier tours, Exit glacier guides or Seward Helicopter tours (they use Pollux aviation). Then which tour I want, the Elsworth Glacier tour or the Harding Icefield tour. Decisions, decisions!

Exit Glacier guides would be a booking agent, they don't run helicopter tours that I am aware of. So it would be a choice of two vendors.

Exit Glacier guides would be a booking agent, they don't run helicopter tours that I am aware of. So it would be a choice of two vendors.

Oh, it gets very confusing reading so much info on Alaska! Here is what I read on Exit Glacier guides website:

http://www.exitglacierguides.com/helicopter_ice_hiking_in_Seward_Alaska_glaciers.html

Helicopter Ice Hiking

Intimate and remote helicopter access to a secluded glacial environment for a private guided ice hiking tour.

Difficulty:

Easy

inside-heli.jpg

A 3-hour adventure of a lifetime awaits on this spectacular helicopter fly-in glacier tour in Seward. Flying out of the Seward Airport the helicopter trip takes you soaring over rugged mountain peaks to a remote glaciated valley.

Dramatically flowing out of an isolated alpine ice field, our destination just south of Godwin glacier presents some of the most exciting glacier hiking in the state.

Our helicopter lands right at the glacier where you will be outfitted with crampons, helmets and ice axes. Your guide will then instruct you on how to safely travel on the glacier and then you’re off to explore an ancient frozen river. Spending approximately 2 hours on the ice with your guide, we will explore the fascinating terrain and features of the glacier on this tour: moulins, crevasses, massive waterfalls and rivers of melt water on top of the ice.

This tour's difficulty is highly customizable for each group of clients. We have a lot of terrain available for trekking, so the guides can cater to how much or how little you want to travel around on the glacier in the time available.

When the helicopter returns, you have the option of a customized flight seeing tour of your choosing. Soar through huge icebergs in a glacial lagoon, fly over one North America’s largest Icefields, and/or explore the stark mountainous topography carved from the last ice age surrounding Seward.

Duration:

3 hours

Departure Time:

We will do our best to incorporate this tour into your schedule for the day

Trip Price:

$330 per person (plus tax) with custom flight seeing charges determined on duration. Allow about 3 hours total for this trip with departure and return times somewhat customized depending on the Helicopter schedule. Ask about our group rates.

Minimum Age:

Oh, it gets very confusing reading so much info on Alaska! Here is what I read on Exit Glacier guides website:

http://www.exitglacierguides.com/helicopter_ice_hiking_in_Seward_Alaska_glaciers.html

Helicopter Ice Hiking

Intimate and remote helicopter access to a secluded glacial environment for a private guided ice hiking tour.

Difficulty:

Easy

inside-heli.jpg

A 3-hour adventure of a lifetime awaits on this spectacular helicopter fly-in glacier tour in Seward. Flying out of the Seward Airport the helicopter trip takes you soaring over rugged mountain peaks to a remote glaciated valley.

Dramatically flowing out of an isolated alpine ice field, our destination just south of Godwin glacier presents some of the most exciting glacier hiking in the state.

Our helicopter lands right at the glacier where you will be outfitted with crampons, helmets and ice axes. Your guide will then instruct you on how to safely travel on the glacier and then you’re off to explore an ancient frozen river. Spending approximately 2 hours on the ice with your guide, we will explore the fascinating terrain and features of the glacier on this tour: moulins, crevasses, massive waterfalls and rivers of melt water on top of the ice.

This tour's difficulty is highly customizable for each group of clients. We have a lot of terrain available for trekking, so the guides can cater to how much or how little you want to travel around on the glacier in the time available.

When the helicopter returns, you have the option of a customized flight seeing tour of your choosing. Soar through huge icebergs in a glacial lagoon, fly over one North America’s largest Icefields, and/or explore the stark mountainous topography carved from the last ice age surrounding Seward.

Duration:

3 hours

Departure Time:

We will do our best to incorporate this tour into your schedule for the day

Trip Price:

$330 per person (plus tax) with custom flight seeing charges determined on duration. Allow about 3 hours total for this trip with departure and return times somewhat customized depending on the Helicopter schedule. Ask about our group rates.

Minimum Age:

OK, part of the problem is you have to know the geography. THe eastern 1/2 of the Kenai Penisula is one big mountain mass. It more or less runs the entire length of the peninsula. On top of this mountain mass is the Harding ice field. THere are several glaciers that flow from this field. In fact, exit glacier is called "exit glacier" because in 1968 a party of climbers cross the Harding ice field and left it by descending down what came to known as exit glacier -because that's where they exited the field.

Now, Scenically, any one of those glaciers is a interesting as any other. From the description of the tour you quoted, it sounds like a great tour and one that will give you an up close experience with the ice field.

OK, part of the problem is you have to know the geography. THe eastern 1/2 of the Kenai Penisula is one big mountain mass. It more or less runs the entire length of the peninsula. On top of this mountain mass is the Harding ice field. THere are several glaciers that flow from this field. In fact, exit glacier is called "exit glacier" because in 1968 a party of climbers cross the Harding ice field and left it by descending down what came to known as exit glacier -because that's where they exited the field.

Now, Scenically, any one of those glaciers is a interesting as any other. From the description of the tour you quoted, it sounds like a great tour and one that will give you an up close experience with the ice field.

Great info, thanks

Liz,

We are running a very similar itenerary this year starting July 6th.

Friday 7/6: Fly Charlotte to Anchorge

Saturday 7/7: Drive Anchorage to Homer

Sunday 7/8: Bear watching with K Bay Air. We're going to try and blog and "live" post as we go, but worst case scenario, we'll post and extensive review when we get back, see you can check it out if you'd like to get a current idea about the experience with them. So far they've been very accomodating. We'll also post on places to each, scenic spots we find, etc.

Monday 7/9: Kayaking Kachemak Bay with A Seaside Adventure. We're saving the halibut trip for ISP after my parents join us.

Tuesday 7/10: Another Bear Watching trip to Wolverine Creek with Talon Air. Travel to Seward

Wednesday -Friday 7/11-7/13 - Pick up my parents in Anchorage, bring them back to Seward. Nothing specific planne dthose days beside Exit Glacier & the Sealife Center. If we add anything else in, we'll post in our review.

Then we board Radiance and head south! Have fun planning - it's half the fun for me!

L.J.

To: Liz315

My favorite stops enroute from Anchorage to Homer are:

- taking pictures driving along Turnagain Arm

- stopping and going up the tram at the Westin/Mt. Alyeska. The View from the top is awesome and hang gliders take off from up there and soar over the valley below.

- stopping at the Wildlife Refuge Center

- stopping for a snack or meal at Summit Lake Lodge on Hwy. 1. Summit Lake with the mountain in the background is just gorgeous.

- take note of all the fishermen in the river near Cooper Landing

- take pictures of Kachemak Bay

• 2 weeks later...
Liz,

We are running a very similar itenerary this year starting July 6th.

Friday 7/6: Fly Charlotte to Anchorge

Saturday 7/7: Drive Anchorage to Homer

Sunday 7/8: Bear watching with K Bay Air. We're going to try and blog and "live" post as we go, but worst case scenario, we'll post and extensive review when we get back, see you can check it out if you'd like to get a current idea about the experience with them. So far they've been very accomodating. We'll also post on places to each, scenic spots we find, etc.

Monday 7/9: Kayaking Kachemak Bay with A Seaside Adventure. We're saving the halibut trip for ISP after my parents join us.

Tuesday 7/10: Another Bear Watching trip to Wolverine Creek with Talon Air. Travel to Seward

Wednesday -Friday 7/11-7/13 - Pick up my parents in Anchorage, bring them back to Seward. Nothing specific planne dthose days beside Exit Glacier & the Sealife Center. If we add anything else in, we'll post in our review.

Then we board Radiance and head south! Have fun planning - it's half the fun for me!

L.J.

Sorry it took so long to respond, graduations, proms, etc. Your trip looks amazing, I am looking forward to hearing all about it, especially k-bay bears and kayaking on Kachemak bay. Have a wonderful trip.

To: Liz315

My favorite stops enroute from Anchorage to Homer are:

- taking pictures driving along Turnagain Arm

- stopping and going up the tram at the Westin/Mt. Alyeska. The View from the top is awesome and hang gliders take off from up there and soar over the valley below.

- stopping at the Wildlife Refuge Center

- stopping for a snack or meal at Summit Lake Lodge on Hwy. 1. Summit Lake with the mountain in the background is just gorgeous.

- take note of all the fishermen in the river near Cooper Landing

- take pictures of Kachemak Bay

Thanks so much for posting, how long did it take you to make the drive from Anchorage to Homer including all the stops? All of these sound perfect, how far is it (time wise) from main highway to Aleyska? I really want to do that!

Hi Liz,

We sailed on the Radiance two weeks ago. We did not do a land tour so I can only comment on the ports we visited. I highly recommend whale watching with Misty Bay Lodge. Hope and Dan are wonderful and we had an amazing time. We also loved every minute of our Tracy Arm excursion with Adventure Bound. Both were the highlights of our trip. On a previous trip to Alaska, we flew with Island Wings in Ketchikan. Another all time favorite.

Good luck with your planning, Alaska is awesome!

I have responded within your post and offered a possible suggestion for getting to Whittier for a PWS tour.

(What time are you arriving? Do you think you could drive as far as Girdwood today?)

(If you drive to Girdwood on Saturday, you would be closer to Whittier and could head to Whittier for a PWS tour) If you feel you could handle the drive, you could then drive to Homer. Many will say this is too much of a drive, but a lot depends on what you and your group are used to. My family is used to long car drives....12 hours is nothing and we have done as long as 15. Others think 2 hours is too much. Only you can make the call.

Make sure you are prepared with motionsickness medications for this tour. It can get rough. We did the 9 hour and I did enjoy it very much. However, my DH thought it was too long. We hit 7-8 foot waves and all the rocking, rolling and pounding got to him, even though he had the patch on. He didn't get sick sick, but was feeling a bit off.

Yes, you can fit in both the whale watch and the Helicopter Tour. Tracy Arm is amazing, and would be my choice, but unless Allen Marine is running a tour on this day, you will not make it in time for the Adventure Bound Tour, unless they are running a later tour next year. Try to combine a stop at Mendhall Glacier with Harv and Marv if possible. They have a great visitor center there as well as some wonderful trails.

I love the train, so am partial to it. Many try to say you see the same scenery, but that is only for part of the trip. When you do the train in one direction and the bus in the other you get to take in both!!! We booked the train all the way to Carcross, which gives you an hour and a half at Bennett Lake. This area was so fascinating. I wished we had more time there, although I know of others who thought it was too long. We all have different interests. We booked with Chilkoot Charters.

We went with F.I.S.H.E.S. and had a great time. Others recommend Glacier Wind and Misty Bay Lodge. You can do searches here and check them out on Trip Advisor as well. Just make sure to not put too much clout in those reviews of posters with one or just a few contributions to the Trip Advisor site. Those are what we consider suspicious. TECKK is another company in Icy Strait, but they have gotten mixed reviews on the forums. Do your own research and make your own decision. Some of the companies, TECKK and Misty Bay, will do a combo whale watch and bear search tour.

If you do some searches you will find many positive reviews for Island Wings and their trips to Misty Fjords. My sister used them and was very pleased. There is also a boat tour to Misty Fjords which we went on. It was a long trip, but an interesting perspective to be down low looking up at the cliffs. In retrospect, we wished we had done the combo trip where you did both the boat and the floatplane. If you are interested in totems and tribal life there are several great options. Ketchikan has a great walking tour:

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/ketchikan_maps_walktour.pdf

Kayaking is also an option in Ketchikan. Southeas Sea Kayaks gets good reviews:

http://www.kayakketchikan.com/guidedtrips.html

The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center is quite interesting if you into museums at all:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/districts/discoverycenter/

Make sure to spend a lot of time out on deck today. This is a gorgeous day of scenic sailing IF your cruise ship is cruising to the east of Vancouver Island.

Here is a post from someone from Vancouver with their suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28427222&postcount=6

We really loved Stanley Park and ended up spending a whole day. The aquarium occupied our morning and then we spent the afternoon driving around and taking in the sites. I definitely want to get back to Vancouver to see all we missed the first time. I just read a review of someone who just returned from an AK cruise and time in Vancouver. They chose to take one of the all bus day tours to Victoria via the ferry. It sounds like a long day, but for someone who has the interest in getting a taste of Victoria, it could work for them. Others recommend taking a float plane to Victoria for the day so you will have more touring time once there.

Saturday - Vancouver

Enjoy your planning and then finally your trip to Alaska. It is a place that keeps calling me back. I just couldn't get enough of the majestic scenery.

Archived