Table for 2- MDR; My Time Dining

Hi everyone! Hubby and I are going on Oasis of the Seas in October and have signed up for My Time Dining. We would prefer a table for 2. How do we go about doing this? Is there a way to request this beforehand or do we ask each night we go to the MDR? Thanks!!

If you do MTD, then they will seat only your party. If you do traditional, then you will have the same table the entire time....you can request a 2-top, but there aren't that many. If you wish to dine alone, then MTD is your best choice.

I you are using a TA -- have your TA call RCIand request a table for 2 if you have fixed dining.

If you have selected the Open Seating -- just show up and request a table for 2. Remember that some times will be peak times and if you show up then -- you may have a wait.

• 3 weeks later...
Question, I keep seeing 2 top, 4 top etc, what does the top mean?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

It's the number of chairs at the table.

2-top is a table for 2

4-top is a table for 4

1024-top is a table for 1024

It's the number of chairs at the table.

2-top is a table for 2

4-top is a table for 4

1024-top is a table for 1024

Thanks. My next question is why do they refer to the chairs collectively as "top"? Why not just say a table for two like in restaurants?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. My next question is why do they refer to the chairs collectively as "top"? Why not just say a table for two like in restaurants?

That actually is restaurant talk. We've always called them 2 tops, 4tops, etc. I learned that term back when I first started waiting on tables in 1986 so I know it's been around a long time now.

Personally I always have land restaurants seat just me and my husband at 4 tops... 2 tops don't have enough space. It's the best way to describe putting people at a table for 4.

Archived