Upgrading on Sale Beverage Package

Cruise Junky

Hi, I'm so completely on the fence between Classic and Premium I thought we may book the Classic now and see how we go and possibly upgrade onboard if we found it lacking. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded an on sale package? Would they charge the difference between the sale price of the Classic and a premium or just charge the difference between the two packages at their normal price?

Thanks

Hi, I'm so completely on the fence between Classic and Premium I thought we may book the Classic now and see how we go and possibly upgrade onboard if we found it lacking. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded an on sale package? Would they charge the difference between the sale price of the Classic and a premium or just charge the difference between the two packages at their normal price?

Thanks

Hi Cruise Junky, I don't know the answer but you probably can't get VB with either package or TimTams.:D

I recently purchased a package on sale and read the rules very closely. It states packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by cancelling and re-ordering but if you do that, you aren't going to get the discount price (which is available for purchased until June 15).

It appears that if you upgrade on board you will likely pay the difference between the price you paid for your discounted package and the regular price of the upgraded package you wish to upgrade to.

You aren't even going to be able to upgrade a package purchased now after June 15 unless they offer another sale before you cruise.

Good luck deciding!

Dumb question here - What are Tim Tams?:D

An Australian Cookie. I was going to do a trade of Aussie cookies for Canadian Beer when MicCanberra does Alaska, but sadly, I'm in Europe when he does Alaska out of Vancouver :(

Thanks Cruise Junky!

TimTams are 'The most irrestistable chocolate biscuit' according to the makers Arnotts. I would have to agree. Essentially they are a chocloate coated biscuit with a chocolate centre. Of course there are so many different types now that they make Caramel centres, Rum'n'raisin, Turkish delight, mint slice, double choc, triple choc, dark chocolate, white chocolate and the list goes on and on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam

Best of all is having a TimTam Slam, the practice of drinking a beverage (usually a hot beverage such as coffee or hot chocolate, though milk is a very valid alternative) through a Tim Tam (also known as a Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb or Tim Tim Explosion). cheers mic:D

It appears that if you upgrade on board you will likely pay the difference between the price you paid for your discounted package and the regular price of the upgraded package you wish to upgrade to.

Good luck deciding!

I called and asked this same question and they said it depends on the ship and how they handle this. It could be a refund on the amount /number of days already paid/used and the new amount (full price) for the days left.

It really is not clear.

Thanks

I don't know how long your cruise is, but the price difference is negligible, IMO.

If you opt to upgrade once onboard, you will be charged the difference between what you paid for the Classic package and the current (not sale) price of the Premium. So in essence, you won't get any discount.

Don't go by what the reps at Celebrity tell you....they are notoriously wrong. People on CC know more than they do most of the time.

If you are fascillating, go with the Premium, especially if you are a wine or martini drinker. The better wines go for $12 and you can't get those with Classic.

Jo-Ann

I don't know how long your cruise is, but the price difference is negligible, IMO.

If you opt to upgrade once onboard, you will be charged the difference between what you paid for the Classic package and the current (not sale) price of the Premium. So in essence, you won't get any discount.

Don't go by what the reps at Celebrity tell you....they are notoriously wrong. People on CC know more than they do most of the time.

If you are fascillating, go with the Premium, especially if you are a wine or martini drinker. The better wines go for $12 and you can't get those with Classic.

Jo-Ann

It would be a $230 difference. I'd never call Celebrity on this, I know where the real info lives ;)

It would be a $230 difference. I'd never call Celebrity on this, I know where the real info lives ;)

So true, X change their story every 5 minutes, experience tells us to trust experience (i.e the CC board).:D

Jo-Ann

Right, but if someone is on a long cruise such as a TA and upgrades half way after all the ports they may be saving overall.

The difference is only on the remaining days.

Right, but if someone is on a long cruise such as a TA and upgrades half way after all the ports they may be saving overall.

The difference is only on the remaining days.

I suppose there may be some savings, and it is very tricky. I like it.:D

My initial thought was that we would do fine under the Classic package with it being a more intense med. cruise and then maybe 3 days from the end upgrade to the Premium to take advantage of the Molecular bar. But seeing as they're on sale, I may just spring for the premium anyway, I mean really, is it bad that you drink champagne with every meal? :p:p I'm thinking not :)

My initial thought was that we would do fine under the Classic package with it being a more intense med. cruise and then maybe 3 days from the end upgrade to the Premium to take advantage of the Molecular bar. But seeing as they're on sale, I may just spring for the premium anyway, I mean really, is it bad that you drink champagne with every meal? :p:p I'm thinking not :)

It certainly isn't bad in my eyes but will they serve champagne with your breakfast in the morning. :rolleyes:

What we've decided to do (if anyone cares ;) ) I've ordered the Premium Non-Alcoholic package for me as I'm the Water, Cappucino and Tea Forte freak and DH will pay as he goes or get a bottle of Absolute for the Room. With 4 days to go in the cruise (2 Sea Days), we'll both get the Premium Alcohol Package and spend our evenings sampling the martini's and Molecular Bar.

What we've decided to do (if anyone cares ;) ) I've ordered the Premium Non-Alcoholic package for me as I'm the Water, Cappucino and Tea Forte freak and DH will pay as he goes or get a bottle of Absolute for the Room. With 4 days to go in the cruise (2 Sea Days), we'll both get the Premium Alcohol Package and spend our evenings sampling the martini's and Molecular Bar.

Sounds like a plan, let me know how it goes, if you can remember the last 4 days that is.:D

Archived