Price drop question

satchiesmom

What is NCL's policy on price drops after booking? Do they upgrade you or give you onboard credit for the difference if it drops before final payment? What about after? I am going to bore you experienced NCL folks to death before we cruise!

Susan

They usually honor the price drop but you have to call them and ask for it. They honor as long as it is before final payment.

They do not do it automatically, so you need to keep an eye on pricing and call if you see a price drop.

Keep in mind that taking advantage of a price drop requires rebooking so you could lose any promotions (OBC, perks, etc) you had with the original booking - so you have to do the math. After final payment, if you call and ask, sometimes they'll give you some OBC - but not usually the entire difference.

Enjoy your adventure!

We had a price drop before final payment and they credited back the difference. No indication it was a re-booking and didn't lose any of the perks we had received including OBC.

Called about a price drop after final payment and was offered an Aft Balcony in stead of the mid-ship balcony we booked. Same price for both now so it's really a wash and we prefer the mid-ship so we stayed with it.

Usually you can call in and get price drops before final payment. Good advice above to check any special deals like OBC.

After final payment is a different matter...you probably won't get get a price drop or OBC...So, I tend to instead watch cabin categories above mine...if prices on those drop to an appealing level, I call and try to get an upgrade (sometimes paying a few bucks).

Our cruise this July dropped 2x after final payment. After 1st drop they told me I will receive 50% of the price drop in a ccc. So I have one for $300

Price dropped again so I was able to upgrade the 5 of us from an SJ to a DOS for $500. I was so excited!!

I just checked my cruise in August and the price has dropped considerably ($400 per person). Unfortunately, I made the final payment last week without checking. I'm going to try to see if they'll do something through my TA. Will let you know.

One question for you all, if you cancel and rebook as many people talk about is there never a fine for doing so? I booked our cruise in Holland a few weeks ago taking advantage of a 2 days special offer, last week a new special offer was shown with a price drop of about € 400 euros. I called my TA and they phoned NCL about this who have give us an obc of $100. I suppose I should be pleased I got anything at all but it seems that the booking conditions in Europe are different to the US,maybe next time I'll try booking in the US!

One question for you all, if you cancel and rebook as many people talk about is there never a fine for doing so?

Depends when you're canceling. Our cruise next month has dropped nearly $500pp (almost half!) but the cost of canceling/rebooking at this point is 50% of the total payment, according to the NCL rep my TA spoke to.

That is because it is after final payment.

Depends when you're canceling. Our cruise next month has dropped nearly $500pp (almost half!) but the cost of canceling/rebooking at this point is 50% of the total payment, according to the NCL rep my TA spoke to.

That is because it is after final payment.

Yes, after final payment, penalties kick in. I have read that the rules are different outside the US so it makes sense that the previous poster who booked in Holland ran into other penalties (bummer!). I've learned from these boards that it's always a good idea to check prices before final payment. On our last cruise, I was able to save a good chunk of change two days before final payment. The price dropped again a few weekslater and after speaking to a supervisor, I received another $50 OBC. It never hurts to ask!

One question for you all, if you cancel and rebook as many people talk about is there never a fine for doing so? I booked our cruise in Holland a few weeks ago taking advantage of a 2 days special offer, last week a new special offer was shown with a price drop of about € 400 euros. I called my TA and they phoned NCL about this who have give us an obc of $100. I suppose I should be pleased I got anything at all but it seems that the booking conditions in Europe are different to the US,maybe next time I'll try booking in the US!

If the cruise is booked from NCL in Europe, the deposit is lost if you cancel and rebook.

Just checked again and now the difference is $640 a person. For us that's $1,280. I'll never book more that 30 days before a sailing again. There's just too many cruise lines out there to choose from. Shame on NCL for not taking care of its loyal customers.

Archived