Sailing Enchantment of the Seas at capacity

Has anyone ever been on Enchantment when it was completely full (other than one Owners Suite)? We have never been on a Vision class, much less one that has been stretched and is completely full. Has anyone ever experienced this, and if so was it a nightmare?

Also, if there are any tips for the Enchantment in general those are also welcome. We will be on the 8-day Bermuda and Northeast sailing.

Thanks!

I think the cruise line aims to sail with every cabin full on every sailing and they hope some cabins have third and fourth occupants.

I will be on Enchantment next month...since it is peak family vacation time, I expect every cabin to be full with plenty containing 3+ passengers. I am hoping for good weather so passengers will use that big pool deck every day. I imagine seating will be tight in Windjammer, so we should pack our patience...not DH's strong suit.

we were full 2 weeks ago to Bermuda.

honestly it wasn't that bad except for Windjammer. Main pool got crowded but Solarium was not that bad.

if it is going to be during the summer Holiday expect many more kids too. there weren't that many on ours despite it being the Memorial Day w/e.

if you are D+ or higher/in a suite you may find yourself at the C&A for cocktail hour. the Lounge is fairly small. Reyno was making plans for the cruise after ours which had a staggering number of Pinnacles on board for some reason.

All my Enchantment cruises have been sold out. I can only go when school is out since DD is in high school.

The EN will be crowed in the windjammer and theatre. My theory is because capacity in these two venues was not increased during the stretch. Some cruises pool chairs right by the pool were hard to find but usually chairs were available on the upper deck. We leave in 13 days for another cruise. Right now there are 2 balconies, a few ocean views, and 1 interior available.

Do you have a specific concern

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Be prepared to wait in line to get into the theater, when we took our one and only cruise on Enchantment, it was at capacity and filled with the "forever young" crowd. Never saw so many wheelchairs, scooters and walkers and such a sense of entitlement with the older group! They clearly let you know "we've got ours, to heck with you"! There were loads of saved seats, blocked off by canes, crutches,etc. While it sounds rude, you learn to pick up the piece of equipment, say nicely "is this yours" and sit down in the saved seats. I am speaking of entire rows being saved, not one or two seats. Probably your cruise will have lots of kids, don't know how that will compare to our cruise.

Has anyone ever been on Enchantment when it was completely full (other than one Owners Suite)? We have never been on a Vision class, much less one that has been stretched and is completely full. Has anyone ever experienced this, and if so was it a nightmare?

Also, if there are any tips for the Enchantment in general those are also welcome. We will be on the 8-day Bermuda and Northeast sailing.

Thanks!

I think all cruiselines aim to sail at full capacity, especially this time of the year. The Enchantment is a beautiful ship with a great crew/staff! I would go with the understanding that everyone is on board to have a good time and patience and courtesy go a long way:) I did not find the ship to be overly crowded for the various dining venues if you go at 'off' times. I'm not a sun worshiper so I can't speak to the crowds at the pool but again, if you stagger your arrival time, you should be o.k. I found the bar servers to be very attentive and available at every activity. The only time I saw a line any place was at Guest Services (short line), Captain's Gala for photos and once (in 9 days) at the door to the MDR because I arrived a little early. My only caution to you would be this: unless you're tough, don't get in the way of the shoppers for the $10 watch sales!!! :eek: I hope you enjoy your cruise!

We love the Enchantment and have sailed on her several times. (even when full) The Windjammer will be very full. We often had trouble finding a seat. We like late seating for dinner in the MDR. One advantage of this is that it is less full. You get better (faster) service and the shows are not as full. The show times for early seating MDR are packed. The pools were crowded--but, we always found seats somewhere. The other venues (piano bar, Boeros, etc, were often almost empty).

Enjoy!

We are going on Thursday and it has been sold out for two weeks. We went on the Enchantment two years ago and the Grandeur before that out of Baltimore. Because people don't want to fly, they are always full.

We eat in the dining room for all meals and have great service. We only eat at the Windjammer when the dining room is close (which when the ship is in port and many people are on shore). Also we only cruise at Easter and summer so we have more kids than older people.

I'm sure Enchantment will be at over 100% (due to lots of 3rd/4th passengers) when we sail next month. Windjammer and the theater being crowded will be a pain but at least we can be prepared thanks to people on here alerting us to that fact.

Archived