Freedom of the Seas Diamond Lounge Review

• 4 weeks later...
Grandeur is one I still have not been on, and would love to some day. Please tell Rahul that Pat and Bucky say

"hello" and that we miss him!

Have a fantabulous cruise! :)

Please tell Rahul that Sherri says "Hi" too.

We are having a great cruise. High seas the first day 2 days, but very calm seas today. And for the bad news - Rahul is not on the Grandeur. He left 2 weeks ago.

Francis Calimag is the (Suite) Concierge on the Grandeur. The Diamond Concierge is Francisco Luna. Both are very dedicated and doing an excellent job.

We are having a great cruise. High seas the first day 2 days, but very calm seas today. And for the bad news - Rahul is not on the Grandeur. He left 2 weeks ago.

Francis Calimag is the (Suite) Concierge on the Grandeur. The Diamond Concierge is Francisco Luna. Both are very dedicated and doing an excellent job.

Thanks Dennis and Bernie. I updated the Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

:halo:

I recently returned from a 7 night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. There have been quite a few posts/threads relating the Diamond Lounge. I was urged to write a review of the Diamond Lounge by other CC members, so here it is.

· The Diamond Lounge on FOS is located on deck 14 adjacent to Olive or Twist. What Royal did is to partition off a section of the Viking Lounge, and built the lounge. The lounge is accessible to Diamond members by using their Sea pass. The Diamond Concierge who currently runs the Diamond Lounge is Mr. Rahul Barua. Rahul is a very professional, knowledgeable, polite, helpful and just a wonderful person.

In the morning, continental style breakfast is offered with various pastries, fruits, bagels and such. I usually went in to just get a triple espresso and get out. There is a specialty coffee machine and various tea bags available 24/7.

In the evening, from 4:30 to 8:00, the Diamond lounge serves wine, champagne, bottled beer and mixed drinks along with hot and cold hors d'oeurves.

I observed during my cruise that many suite guests and diamond plus cruisers opted to utilize the Diamond Lounge instead of the Concierge lounge. Those that I talked to told me that they preferred the Diamond lounge over the Concierge lounge because they thought the Diamond Lounge was much nicer. Since the Diamond lounge has a fabulous ocean view, IMHO, it is better than the Concierge Lounge with no windows.

We really enjoyed the Diamond lounge on the FOS. It truly was one of the highlights of our experience on the Freedom of the Seas.

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I will post some pictures shortly

We are Diamond Plus members and we also the Diamond lounge over the Concierge lounge. The Diamond lounge has a beautiful view where in the concierge lounge you are very enclosed small room. We love these class of ship. We are going again January 6, on an 8 day cruise on this ship. Hope to see and meet some new friends. Candy

We are going on the Freedom of The Sea January 6,2017 and in April 2018 we are going on Royal Caribbean out of Sydney back to Florida. We love to cruise and go on a long one once a year with several other ones the rest of the year.

We would like to get to know more cruiser so that we can meet up and talk about different cruises and see what everyone else thinks about the different area to sail too.

We are Diamond Plus members and only cruise on RC. On Freedom we agree with everyone the Diamond lounge on this type of ship is so much better than the Concierge

We do have some closed friends that that we introduce cruising to and they love it and can not wait to be Diamonds.

We hope to meet a lot of people from cruise critics and do some different functions with them. :D

• 1 year later...