Freedom of the Seas Diamond Lounge Review

Hate to tell you, but diamond plus people are using their diamond lounge also. If you are not d+ you cannot access the concierge lounge for suite guests. It is just that d+ has access to the cl.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Before we were D+ we would often speak to D+ in the DL who prefered the clientele in the DL as opposed to the stuffiness in the CL.

Before we were D+ we would often speak to D+ in the DL who prefered the clientele in the DL as opposed to the stuffiness in the CL.

What. Stuffiness???? Please explain what you mean?? Only issues we have had in CL was D+ being very loud and bragging about their cruise comparisons and P’s holding court and complaining about the lack of Blue Cheese on the food platters.

[emoji33][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What. Stuffiness???? Please explain what you mean?? Only issues we have had in CL was D+ being very loud and bragging about their cruise comparisons and P’s holding court and complaining about the lack of Blue Cheese on the food platters.

[emoji33][emoji23]

Have had both good and some bad experiences in both lounges. Grumpy, friendly, happy people in all walks of life. They just dont goto one lounge [emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

[emoji33][emoji23]

Snobbery,bragging and arrogance.

Various phrases like stuffy,snotty,snobby are used in the UK to describe the above.

Snobbery,bragging and arrogance.

Various phrases like stuffy,snotty,snobby are used in the UK to describe the above.

I THINK he knew what you meant and was actually agreeing with you. He was providing examples to back up what you said.

I THINK he knew what you meant and was actually agreeing with you. He was providing examples to back up what you said.

I agree...but my friend from the UK often complains about losing a Lounge on ships converted to SL. If they like the DL more than the stuffy CL, why complain? This is meant in good jest... if possible on CC.

Your right sometimes i use phrases used regularly in North East England and forget people in the US don't always understand them similarly some things our US friends say goes over my head.

Your right sometimes i use phrases used regularly in North East England and forget people in the US don't always understand them similarly some things our US friends say goes over my head.

My friend from the UK, lots of things go over my head. Just ask those that have me on ignore.

You folks in the U.K. need to learn how to speak English.:eek::D:D

I agree...but my friend from the UK often complains about losing a Lounge on ships converted to SL. If they like the DL more than the stuffy CL, why complain? This is meant in good jest... if possible on CC.

We personally like a D lounge to have big windows like on Freedom rather than the dingy DL on Harmony.

Our cruise on Freedom in June was our first as D+ and we looked in the CL which was a nice option to have but on that occasion the DL was a much better lounge IMO.

We personally like a D lounge to have big windows like on Freedom rather than the dingy DL on Harmony.

Our cruise on Freedom in June was our first as D+ and we looked in the CL which was a nice option to have but on that occasion the DL was a much better lounge IMO.

Was the outside sitting area of the D.L. still closed off? I really hope they have that scrubber project finished by next April.:rolleyes: Freedom does have a very nice D.L.

Oh we agree. The view from the DL and Olive “OR” Twist much better than the CL. Except, But we were not allowed in either the week before last except the last two days. It’s ok, it was a C&A cruise.

My friend from the UK, lots of things go over my head. Just ask those that have me on ignore.

I am happy to correspond with any reasonable and sensible posters and i have a receptive mind which can make me change to a different opinion if a good argument has been made for that different view on a subject.

Oh we agree. The view from the DL and Olive “OR” Twist much better than the CL. Except, But we were not allowed in either the week before last except the last two days. It’s ok, it was a C&A cruise.

I think you should have been allowed in and the fact you were allowed in for the last 2 nights shows they were wrong.

I think you should have been allowed in and the fact you were allowed in for the last 2 nights shows they were wrong.

Or MB tired of hearing complaints. We did tell him over drinks we were refused service the first night in Olive “OR” Twist. We didn’t complain. [emoji23]

Hi Scott, thanks for the info. You mentioned that some suite guests used the DL. Were they also Diamond though? The reason I ask is that we are D+ and staying in a suite but our friends are Platinum and in a suite. It's my understanding they can ONLY use the CL. Hope this makes sense!

Good to know I can grab a cappuccino in the DL too - I'd rather have windows!

Wolfie, I think that is correct. They can only use the DL. We are cruising next year on the Radiance, and since we are D+ and our friends are emerald in a suite. They can't go to the DL, but we can join them in the CL. I expect, I will hang in the DL and meet them for dinner. Sometimes too much togetherness is not a positive.... We also, have a gold with us... so, will buy them drinks at a bar.... did I say buy.... meant give...

JC

On Freedom we simply preferred the DL to the CL for before dinner cocktails due to the room being larger with that big bank of windows for a light and airy feel with a view.

The CL was very closed in and smaller with no windows...thus the actual "stuffiness" we felt was the room itself. Did enjoy the

CL later after dinner for night cap and loved having it close by for coffee on the same deck we stayed on.

Another reason why we love the choice of having both to use. ;)

On Freedom we simply preferred the DL to the CL for before dinner cocktails due to the room being larger with that big bank of windows for a light and airy feel with a view.

The CL was very closed in and smaller with no windows...thus the actual "stuffiness" was the room itself. Did enjoy the

CL later after dinner for night cap and loved having it close by for coffee on the same deck we stayed on.

Another reason why we love the choice of having both to use. ;)

Thats what we thought the DL offered fantastic views especially sailing out of port.

The CL had comfy leather chairs and was handy to pop in for a coffee or some tea bags and hot chocolate to take back to the cabin but we never went in for an alcoholic drink.

Thats what we thought the DL offered fantastic views especially sailing out of port.

The CL had comfy leather chairs and was handy to pop in for a coffee or some tea bags and hot chocolate to take back to the cabin but we never went in for an alcoholic drink.

We didn't every night after dinner either...but wandered in there on some nights just to chat with Rahul when he was

not busy and have that night cap. Always a pleasant conversation.

Once he saw us coming up the walkway on embarkation day and ran up to us to give us a hug...he is such a nice guy...will miss him...and the Freedom since she left our home port here. Heard he "jumped ship" also.

We didn't every night after dinner either...but wandered in there on some nights just to chat with Rahul when he was

Once he saw us coming up the walkway on embarkation day and ran up to us to give us a hug...he is such a nice guy...will miss him...and the Freedom since she left our home port here. Heard he "jumped ship" also.

Yes, Rahul is an excellent Concierge. Heard he went to the Grandeur. We will be on the Grandeur on Oct 28th, and looking forward to seeing him again.

Yes, Rahul is an excellent Concierge. Heard he went to the Grandeur. We will be on the Grandeur on Oct 28th, and looking forward to seeing him again.

Grandeur is one I still have not been on, and would love to some day. Please tell Rahul that Pat and Bucky say

"hello" and that we miss him!

Have a fantabulous cruise! :)

Grandeur is one I still have not been on, and would love to some day. Please tell Rahul that Pat and Bucky say

"hello" and that we miss him!

Have a fantabulous cruise! :)

Will do. As you probably already know, Grandeur leaves out of Baltimore. The Port is very easy to get to. About an hour drive from our home in Virginia.

Will do. As you probably already know, Grandeur leaves out of Baltimore. The Port is very easy to get to. About an hour drive from our home in Virginia.

Nice!! Have not cruised out of Baltimore as of yet, but would love to someday.

We are 20 miles from Port Canaveral...pretty easy for us too...and none of the nightmare traffic involved with

cruising from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. ;)

You know I think Rahul is fabulous. We usually just hung out in the CL as that was where he was even if it didn't have a view. The ladies in our group liked the furniture better too -- easier on our backs. I also had breakfast in the CL for the coffee and the bagel, lox and cream cheese.

Rahul has been on GR since June.