Freedom of the Seas Diamond Lounge Review

Depends on the Diamond Concierge. Royal's rules say no one under 21 allowed in the lounge during cocktail hour. Guests are usually sent a letter to this effect. However, there are always the "rules are for other people" folks, and the Concierge usually just lets it go.

Do the written official RCI rules today allow guests under the age of 21 into the DL? It seems most Diamond Concierge's allow them in.

Do the written official RCI rules today allow guests under the age of 21 into the DL? It seems most Diamond Concierge's allow them in.

That is one of the things that has changed in the five years since this thread began. Children are allowed.

That is one of the things that has changed in the five years since this thread began. Children are allowed.

There was 1 child,her ipad and her dad in the DL on Freedom in June.

She started practicing some cheer leaders moves then they left.

She was the first child we had seen in 110 nights visiting a DL which tells me they don't find it cool.

The Freedom DL was much better than the CL,it had big picture Windows offering great outside views.

Isn't it a given that Pinnacle (along with Diamond Plus and Diamond) would have access to the DL? IMO suite guests (gold cards) shouldn't be allowed in the DL if they aren't at least Diamond.

Freedom week before last the DL was restricted to PC only. Olive & Twist was D+ and Star Lounge was for Diamond. Had lunch with MB and he said biggest complaint he heard was Diamonds getting run out of DL. Last two days, Olive & Twist was opened to both D and D+.

Well, we are Diamond now but I can tell you we had access to both CL and DL before we made Diamond and stayed in GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Another note.

We are Diamond and stayed in GS with Gold Cards. We went up to Olive and Twist to have a drink and enjoy sail away as it was a bit cool and windy. We were asked to leave because we were not D+ and even with the package, wouldn’t give me a beer for the road.

We counted maybe a hand full of people utilizing the Olive & Twist.

Another note.

We are Diamond and stayed in GS with Gold Cards. We went up to Olive and Twist to have a drink and enjoy sail away as it was a bit cool and windy. We were asked to leave because we were not D+ and even with the package, wouldn’t give me a beer for the road.

In instances like that the bar waiter is being a jobsworth.

Personally if i had paid for a GS i would have got his name and told him i will speak to the CL concierge and because he was on the ship MB.

If they think they are going to get reported with the possibility of a bad mention on the cruise review they might show some common sense.

We were on a ship where MANY Diamond+ people were coming into the already very crowded Diamond Lounge because their lounge was "no fun". This made our lounge even more crowded, so we went to the Diamond+ lounge and were not allowed in, even though the rinks, snacks, etc were the same offerings. Seems like a strange "rule".

Read the print about under 21. This was Freedom of the Seas week before last.

10556fbfcd6876bef41d8703ead94046.jpg

For those who have been on Freedom and in the DL lately, did you find that most people followed the dress code outlined above?

For those who have been on Freedom and in the DL lately, did you find that most people followed the dress code outlined above?

I wore jeans and a collared shirt on both formal nights. We came back from excursion late on one Formal night and had on shorts. We were allowed to grab a beer and take out back to our cabin but didn’t wish to push our luck by hanging out in shorts. We came back later as mentioned above.

We saw people in bath robes and flip flops in the CL early morning.

I saw one Tux in CL during our time there. Sport jacket for the most part seemed the norm on Formal nights.

We were on a ship where MANY Diamond+ people were coming into the already very crowded Diamond Lounge because their lounge was "no fun". This made our lounge even more crowded, so we went to the Diamond+ lounge and were not allowed in, even though the rinks, snacks, etc were the same offerings. Seems like a strange "rule".

Just to advise I don't recall the Diamond lounge being for Diamond s only. It true on some ships Diamond Plus can go to the Concierge lounge, but most new vessels and many after refurb have changed Concierge to suite lounge and Diamond + are not allowed. I guess all of us Diamond + should wait outside the door of the Diamond lounge until some of the Diamonds leave. I don't think the Diamond + people made your life so miserable . If it's to crowded for you, don't go and use the three drink coupons . I was a Diamond and couldn't wait to get my 80 points. When you get your 175 minimum or in the late 200,s or 300's like many of us then maybe you will complain why they allow so many diamonds in with all the large numbers of Pinnacles and Diamond + aboard. When you've earned the right to enter the Concierge lounge 175 points or more you will be given access.

Edited by villager70

Just to advise I don't recall the Diamond lounge being for Diamond s only. It true on some ships Diamond Plus can go to the Concierge lounge, but most new vessels and many after refurb have changed Concierge to suite lounge and Diamond + are not allowed. I guess all of us Diamond + should wait outside the door of the Diamond lounge until some of the Diamonds leave. I don't think the Diamond + people made your life so miserable . If it's to crowded for you, don't go and use the three drink coupons . I was a Diamond and couldn't wait to get my 80 points. When you get your 175 minimum or in the late 200,s or 300's like many of us then maybe you will complain why they allow so many diamonds in with all the large numbers of Pinnacles and Diamond + aboard. When you've earned the right to enter the Concierge lounge 175 points or more you will be given access.

I hear what you are saying. I think it was meant to say the CL is open to D+, PC, and Suites. I guess they felt like that was your Lounge.

I think P’s are permitted in any C&A Lounges and Works it’s way down from there.

On Freedom, because of high numbers, P had DL, D+ Olive & Twist, D Star Lounge. Diamonds not welcome in Olive & Twist but P’s could access any and all including CL. D+ could access all BUT DL. D only Star Lounge which was DL.

Lots of complaints so last two nights Olive & Twist open to both D+ and D.

Isn't it a given that Pinnacle (along with Diamond Plus and Diamond) would have access to the DL? IMO suite guests (gold cards) shouldn't be allowed in the DL if they aren't at least Diamond.

Totally agree with that one. What's the point of a C&A level perk lounge....if you don't need to be in C&A at all? :o

Another note.

It's Olive or Twist.

OLIVE OR TWIST.

Get it? ;)

FYI: Only these ships have a Suite Lounge:

Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Liberty

Hate to tell you, but diamond plus people are using their diamond lounge also. If you are not d+ you cannot access the concierge lounge for suite guests. It is just that d+ has access to the cl.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk