Freedom of the Seas Diamond Lounge Review

We loved the Diamond Lounge on our recent sailing. Loved Rahul too! He does run a tight ship. He did check to make sure the people in the DL were supposed to be. You had to be Diamond and above to get into the lounge.

Great pictures of the lounge, thanks for sharing.

Has Rahul been in charge of the DL for awhile? Did someone mention he will be leaving in a few weeks?

Ditto everything that you said (except the Gr. Grandmother)! Rahul and Willie are top notch --as was Amit (will miss him)-- and probably the example we hold all others to.

Ahoy truffles2...

Do you know where Amit is going?

If Rahul is going to the Cl in a few weeks, who will be in the Diamond Lounge? I know that Willie left for vacation not long ago.

Has Rahul been in charge of the DL for awhile? Did someone mention he will be leaving in a few weeks?

Rahul told me he was being moved to the CL for 3 months. This is supposed to happen the end of the next cruise.

Edited by endymion6942

We are D+ and always go to the DL on the Freedom for the view and for Rahul, it is a great spot with an excellant crew.Also no children in the DL but are allowed in the CL(no flames please,I paid my dues as I am a Gr.Grandmother). We also enjoy it during the day for a cappucino and a nice place to read.

On our April 8 cruise on Freedom, there were children in the DL on several nights. They appeared to be there with their grandparents.

Sherri:)

Rahul told me he was being moved to the CL for 3 months. This is supposed to happen the end of the next cruise.

The three Concierges assigned to Freedom usually rotate among DL, CL and vacation.

When I talked to him he mentioned that he had just gotten back from vacation. He indicated that his plans were to stay on the Freedom since he enjoys the ship. Don't know about the switch to the CL, but that topic didn't come up. I loved his nightly calls to the cabin giving you an update on the next sea day.

.....and now for the flip-side of being a Diamond member on the Enchantment. A portion of the Viking Crown is blocked off for Diamond and above. The few nights I stopped by I noticed NO FOOD at all and the "drinks" were on a single portable cart. Very few guests attended and most of the room was empty. The CL is on the 8th floor......but I was denied access as I'm not D+ or above and was not in a suite. In short......I saw really no benefits for being a Diamond member on the Enchantment. Kind of annoys me that I've sailed RCI like 15-17 times.....never in anything less than a balcony cabin BUT someone in a suite for their 1st cruise can use the CL. I know what RCI's "policy" is.......I just don't agree with it. I'm on the Freedom in Sept in a mini-suite......hopefully by then the "policy" won't change to D+ to use the DL. LOL.

Ahoy truffles2...

Do you know where Amit is going?

If Rahul is going to the Cl in a few weeks, who will be in the Diamond Lounge? I know that Willie left for vacation not long ago.

I'm almost afraid to trust my memory, but I was thinking I read Rhapsody somewhere. If I come across it again I will try to get back and confirm.

Found the latest listing from Ph8

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi date TBD)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Rahim and Dexter(Fernando on vacation)

(Diamond)-Kenton Stubb

BR Brilliance of the Seas -Anis Tebbeb(06/02/12 till 07/03/12)

Betsy Medrano(on vacation)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser(on vacation 07/06/12 till end of Aug)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12)(Carlos Javier Ortiz)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)-Willie Salaya(on vacation 6/17/12)

(Diamond)-Rahul Barua (Verdine Leotaud on vacation)

GR Grandeur of the Seas -(Suite Concierge)-Raj Bhugwath(till July 2012)

(Diamond) Fernando Cataldo(till Oct 2012)

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Ken Boodoo till 10/31/12

(Diamond) -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi until 06/30/12(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel of the Seas -Jasmin (Nedere Reid on vacation till 07/02/12)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (Oana Popa on vacation till 6/21/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -(Concierge)-Luca Iorio

(Diamond)--Erik Lafitte

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock (Karen Hernandez on vacation 04/12 for 4 months)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Francis Calimag and Charmaine(Natalia on vacation)

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Steven -as of 4/22/12(Juan Diego Miranda-Allen on vacation)

(Diamond) Gazetty James(as of May 18th)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay(Mone't Morning on vacation)

(Diamond)Abigail Hendriks as of 06/01/12

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux ( on vacation 06/10/12-returning 07/28/12) -(Daniel Ascoli as of 06/10/12)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi (Telma Santos on vacation 05/02/12)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez(till 06/19/12)

I had the honor to sail the cruise with the OP. In my opinion, the CL had much better service (not nearly as crowded). Although the concierge in the DL was excellent, I believe the waiter service fell flat. Be it known, this was just my experience. Many loved the waiter.

Host Dan

I had the honor to sail the cruise with the OP. In my opinion, the CL had much better service (not nearly as crowded). Although the concierge in the DL was excellent, I believe the waiter service fell flat. Be it known, this was just my experience. Many loved the waiter.

Host Dan

You are correct about the waiter. He was not that good. I don't think he liked you or me. Though he did take good care of my DW and the rest of the women. Go figure.

a bit off topic. There used to be a phillipino lady who worked in the CL on the Indy together with Gershwin Bronswinkel and her name was America de los Angeles (how can you forget this name lol) and was wondering if she is still with Royal Caribbean. She was the best of the best.

.....and now for the flip-side of being a Diamond member on the Enchantment. A portion of the Viking Crown is blocked off for Diamond and above. The few nights I stopped by I noticed NO FOOD at all and the "drinks" were on a single portable cart. Very few guests attended and most of the room was empty. The CL is on the 8th floor......but I was denied access as I'm not D+ or above and was not in a suite. In short......I saw really no benefits for being a Diamond member on the Enchantment. Kind of annoys me that I've sailed RCI like 15-17 times.....never in anything less than a balcony cabin BUT someone in a suite for their 1st cruise can use the CL. I know what RCI's "policy" is.......I just don't agree with it. I'm on the Freedom in Sept in a mini-suite......hopefully by then the "policy" won't change to D+ to use the DL. LOL.

Until you hit the magic Diamond Plus number sail on ships that have a Diamond Lounge. You will have all the perks of a suite without being in a suite. We had the CL lounge yanked from us right after we turned Diamond. Thankfully we sail on longer cruises so when they went to the point system we actually benifited. Our 11 night cruises counted more than the one 3 night cruise we have taken.

Host Dan

It is my understanding that the waiters rotate in and out of the DL. They work a regular bar and then rotate into the DL. Ours was very good on our May 6 sailing.

Edited by Driftwoodgal

It is my understanding that the waiters rotate in and out of the DL. They work a regular bar and then rotate into the DL. Ours was very good on our May 6 sailing.

Maybe they do a weekly rotation. When we're were there, I did see the waiter from the DL working the pool deck during the day. However, he was the waiter every evening in the DL.

Maybe they do a weekly rotation. When we're were there, I did see the waiter from the DL working the pool deck during the day. However, he was the waiter every evening in the DL.

Yes, it is a weekly rotation. I visited with our waiter on our Freedom cruise about this.

I recently returned from a 7 night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. There have been quite a few posts/threads relating the Diamond Lounge. I was urged to write a review of the Diamond Lounge by other CC members, so here it is.

· The Diamond Lounge on FOS is located on deck 14 adjacent to Olive or Twist. What Royal did is to partition off a section of the Viking Lounge, and built the lounge. The lounge is accessible to Diamond members by using their Sea pass. The Diamond Concierge who currently runs the Diamond Lounge is Mr. Rahul Barua. Rahul is a very professional, knowledgeable, polite, helpful and just a wonderful person.

In the morning, continental style breakfast is offered with various pastries, fruits, bagels and such. I usually went in to just get a triple espresso and get out. There is a specialty coffee machine and various tea bags available 24/7.

In the evening, from 4:30 to 8:00, the Diamond lounge serves wine, champagne, bottled beer and mixed drinks along with hot and cold hors d'oeurves.

I observed during my cruise that many suite guests and diamond plus cruisers opted to utilize the Diamond Lounge instead of the Concierge lounge. Those that I talked to told me that they preferred the Diamond lounge over the Concierge lounge because they thought the Diamond Lounge was much nicer. Since the Diamond lounge has a fabulous ocean view, IMHO, it is better than the Concierge Lounge with no windows.

We really enjoyed the Diamond lounge on the FOS. It truly was one of the highlights of our experience on the Freedom of the Seas.

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I will post some pictures shortly

Fully agree with your post, however on AOTS the concierge is the more popular as the diamond lounge is a bit dated and the drinks are ltd to champagne or wine, we have however had a great time in AOTS Concierge with a wider range of drinks being served, you obviously need to be a suite guest or diamond + to gain access.

What are the red wine choices in the Diamond Lounge?

Which ship has the best Diamond Lounge?

Freedom class has very nice Diamond Lounges. It is really a sectioned part of the Viking Crown Lounge and has a nice view.

The wine is limited to red (Cab) and a white LaTerre and often some sort of White Zin. Other choices can be ordered at a 25% discount

enjoy

M

however on AOTS the concierge is the more popular as the diamond lounge is a bit dated and the drinks are ltd to champagne or wine,

Because that was the diamond event-not the diamond lounge.

found it:

The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

This is for ships that do not have a dimond lounge.

Edited by Debde

Freedom class has very nice Diamond Lounges. It is really a sectioned part of the Viking Crown Lounge and has a nice view.

The wine is limited to red (Cab) and a white LaTerre and often some sort of White Zin. Other choices can be ordered at a 25% discount

enjoy

M

Thanks! Is the Cab. also La Terre? If it is we will go to the regular bar or order something else. We think the La Terre is the worst red wine we have ever had, and we are not that particular!

Thanks! Is the Cab. also La Terre? If it is we will go to the regular bar or order something else. We think the La Terre is the worst red wine we have ever had, and we are not that particular!

Yes it is. If you are in a "nightly diamond event" you can order other wine ( or any drink) at the 25% off.

If you are in the Diamond Lounge, La Terre is your only red/white option - and yes - you will need to go to another bar or order a mixed drink or beer.

I feel your pain! MANY do not like the La Terre.

M

Yes it is. If you are in a "nightly diamond event" you can order other wine ( or any drink) at the 25% off.

If you are in the Diamond Lounge, La Terre is your only red/white option - and yes - you will need to go to another bar or order a mixed drink or beer.

I feel your pain! MANY do not like the La Terre.

M

When I told the bartender on the Brilliance that I don't like La Terre, he said to me you should have told me, I would have given you another one. To make a long story short, after the 2nd day they ran out of La Terre and start pouring an Italian Chardonnay which was very nice btw.