Live From Carnival Breeze: Questions, Comments, Cocktails on Me?

Dan Askin

Eagerly awaiting any and all info and pics! :)

Debbie Isn't today a Work Day???? If you have some spare time you should being doing prep stuff for the Cabin Crawl. We only have 231 days till we will be Breezing.

Can't wait till the pictures stat rolling in on this thread' Bring it on.

Debbie Isn't today a Work Day???? If you have some spare time you should being doing prep stuff for the Cabin Crawl. We only have 231 days till we will be Breezing.

Can't wait till the pictures stat rolling in on this thread' Bring it on.

It is indeed a work day.:o

But that won't stop me from peaking in here a few times a day! :D

My wife are considering ... but have not committed to the first USA based 6 day sailing from Miami on December 6. I'd prefer the ports of call for the previous sailing on Nov 24, but being Thanksgiving weekend, and the cost ... I'll forego that - as the real desire is to see what the Breeze is like. Of concern is that even in 6 days we will not see all she has to offer. (We have 19 cruise days now, so this will seal us at Gold with a total of 25 cruise days.)

There were a few cabin-related questions (outlets, requests for pics, etc.), so I put together a little collage. Items not pictured include a chintzy hair dryer (in a drawer below the vanity), a safe (cabinet above the vanity), phone and the bathroom, which features a massaging head in the shower, sink, vacuum toilet (great sound) and an outlet for your razor. Click novelty-size arrow button for the full-size version.

carnival-breeze-balcony-cabin-graphic_sm.jpg

The vast majority of cabins -- insides, oceanviews and balconies ranging from 185 to 220 square feet -- will look almost exactly like mine (on the inside at least, and perhaps minus the connecting door).

Could you post how the punchliner brunch works with the regular bfast and lunch?

We just got off the Breeze and they had the Punchliner brunch on the scheduled seadays only (2). (We got another seaday when we had wait one day to get into Livorno which ended in us skipping the last port - they threw together a seaday schedule so there was no comedy brunch that day)

Our biggest complaint with the brunch is that on the days they have the brunch, there is no open seating in the dining room for breakfast. That meant if you did not want to wait for after 9:00am to eat breakfast at the brunch, it was the Lido or room service. We always go to early breakfast on sea days, mostly for the Eggs Benedict, and we were disappointed that if we did not wish to wait until the brunch, there was no choice but the Lido. They had open seating on port days for breakfast but most excursions went out early so that was not an opinion unless you were skipping a port or on a late excursion which in Europe are not to often due to the distance of most places from the port.

We hope they will change this based on complaints that on a sea day, there is no sit down breakfast at 6:30 am to 9 am.

We never thought that the comedy brunch would replace all other diningroom breakfasts on the days that they had it. For most people who get up early and want to have breakfast at 7am or 8am on a seaday, we were out of luck

Our biggest complaint with the brunch is that on the days they have the brunch, there is no open seating in the dining room for breakfast. That meant if you did not want to wait for after 9:00am to eat breakfast at the brunch, it was the Lido or room service.

Might be a dumb question, but you're sure there wasn't a sit down breakfast in the Aft Dining Room on sea days while brunch was being served in the Forward Dining Room?

Might be a dumb question, but you're sure there wasn't a sit down breakfast in the Aft Dining Room on sea days while brunch was being served in the Forward Dining Room?

Positive, we were on the ship and I have all the funtimes as well. It was all in the aft diningroom. It was a big complaint and I hope it is addressed as we are on the TA for the ship and not going to sit down breakfast will be disappointing.

Hi Dan, looking forward to following your thread, going on the Breeze on 2nd Aug.

Carnival site says plug sockets are 110AC when we went on Royal Caribbean last year they had socket we could use either US or European adapters, what on the Breeze please..

There were a few cabin-related questions (outlets, requests for pics, etc.), so I put together a little collage. Items not pictured include a chintzy hair dryer (in a drawer below the vanity), a safe (cabinet above the vanity) and phone. Click novelty-size arrow button for the full-size version.

carnival-breeze-balcony-cabin-graphic_sm.jpgStay tuned for some additional first impressions/pics later tonight.

Thanks very much Dan, are they the only 3 sockets in the cabin 2 US & 1 European socket, suppose we could use the sockets from the lights either side of the bed!

Ah I just started a separate thread about connecting rooms, but maybe you can help! Can you tell me if interior rooms connect on the Breeze? Or is it only balcony rooms that connect?

Thanks and enjoy!!!!

Ah I just started a separate thread about connecting rooms, but maybe you can help! Can you tell me if interior rooms connect on the Breeze? Or is it only balcony rooms that connect?

Thanks and enjoy!!!!

Have a look at this web site, it might help! Spotted a few on Deck 6

http://www.icruise.com/ships/carnival-cruises-carnival-breeze-deck-plans.html

There were a few cabin-related questions (outlets, requests for pics, etc.), so I put together a little collage. Items not pictured include a chintzy hair dryer (in a drawer below the vanity), a safe (cabinet above the vanity) and phone. Click novelty-size arrow button for the full-size version.

The collage is great! Thanks!

Thanks very much Dan, are they the only 3 sockets in the cabin 2 US & 1 European socket, suppose we could use the sockets from the lights either side of the bed!

At one point John Heald posted a picture that showed an additional outlet behind the TV.

I carry a small travel outlet strip (Belkin, it's been posted here a few times) whenever I travel since hotel rooms rarely have enough outlets. It has three regular outlets plus two USB ports for an iPhone, etc.

The collage is great! Thanks!

At one point John Heald posted a picture that showed an additional outlet behind the TV.

I carry a small travel outlet strip (Belkin, it's been posted here a few times) whenever I travel since hotel rooms rarely have enough outlets. It has three regular outlets plus two USB ports for an iPhone, etc.

Affirmative. Thanks for the heads up.

carnival-breeze-cabin-tv-socket.jpg

I saw that what John posted, just with iPhone, iPad, hubbies blackberry etc we always need more plugs, can you post details about that outlet strip, thanks for your reply Ron.

Positive, we were on the ship and I have all the funtimes as well. It was all in the aft diningroom. It was a big complaint and I hope it is addressed as we are on the TA for the ship and not going to sit down breakfast will be disappointing.

When I was on the Magic European cruise they had a mini buffet breakfast called Lite Bites in the Ocean Plaza (near the pay coffee bar) every morning between approx 7-9 am. There was cheese, cold meat, muffins, scrambled eggs, juice, oatmeal and cereals. Coffee was in those carafes.

Was this listed on the Breeze Fun Times. It was in Fun Times on my cruise last Oct. It was so nice and quiet there because I don't think people realized it was there. I went nearly everyday, even the last day of the cruise.

Was it offered on the Breeze?

I saw that what John posted, just with iPhone, iPad, hubbies blackberry etc we always need more plugs, can you post details about that outlet strip, thanks for your reply Ron.

Just editing to say have seen it now, looks great but all our appliances have UK plugs on so wouldn't work, but looks great..

When I was on the Magic European cruise they had a mini buffet breakfast called Lite Bites in the Ocean Plaza (near the pay coffee bar) every morning between approx 7-9 am. There was cheese, cold meat, muffins, scrambled eggs, juice, oatmeal and cereals. Coffee was in those carafes.

Was this listed on the Breeze Fun Times. It was in Fun Times on my cruise last Oct. It was so nice and quiet there because I don't think people realized it was there. I went nearly everyday, even the last day of the cruise.

Was it offered on the Breeze?

Yes, it is the same on the Ocean Plaza as it was on the Magic. We were on the European cruises as well as the TA on the Magic

I think this is the Belkin outlet being referred to?

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339787155&sr=1-2&keywords=belkin+outlet

I have one and it's excellent for travelling and esp for cruising of course :)

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339787155&sr=1-2&keywords=belkin+outlet

I have two of those -- best travel investment I ever made. Should be noted that the plug rotates 90 degrees at a time so will fit any situation.

I have two of those -- best travel investment I ever made. Should be noted that the plug rotates 90 degrees at a time so will fit any situation.

Thanks guys think this looks the same, however would have to use an adapter to fit the European socket..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-SRGDU62PW-Charging-Protected-Extension/dp/B006GKEP8Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339792175&sr=1-5

Thanks guys think this looks the same, however would have to use an adapter to fit the European socket..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-SRGDU62PW-Charging-Protected-Extension/dp/B006GKEP8Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339792175&sr=1-5

This looks to be way LARGER than the belkin one and I don't think it 'rotates' - that is the beauty of it esp in tight areas - found this very useful when cruising and various hotels as you could 'adjust' it as required to fit into different outlets for charging!

Just editing to say have seen it now, looks great but all our appliances have UK plugs on so wouldn't work, but looks great..

Yeah, that would be a problem. there has to be something similar for the UK plugs, but it would be bigger since the plugs are bigger.

Yeah, that's the one.

Archived