Seasoned cruiser takes on Carnival.

Tutankhamen

You guys don't look old enough to have college aged daughters...I thought you guys were younger than me, and I'm 35!

I was gonna say the same thing! I'm 32 and thought you guys were about my age. Great review! :)

Thank you - I really enjoyed your review! The way you began with the comparisions, then moved to the Carnival specifics and finally adding select photos was very refreshing. I liked the way you simplified your 3 -way comparsions between the most recent ships you were on by breaking down into specific categories.

I couldn't help but compare my most recent sailings - coincidentally on a RCI and Princess ship as well. I admit that I was a bit skeptical returning to Carnival after Princess especially. But I found that Carnival (Liberty in our case) in many of the areas (food, cabin, service, entertainment, etc.) were at the same level or better and for about 1k less than the Princess. Because of this, I booked the Carnival Freedom for our next cruise and not just because a thousand bucks pays for airfare, pre-cruise hotel and gratutites; but like you mentioned - it is a FUN ship.

Thank you for the great review! I sailed Carnival 2 years ago, RCCL last year and Carnival again in 2 weeks! I really enjoy reading about the comparisons as there were certain aspects of my cruises that I found different, but not necessarily 'bad'! Hope I get to sail on the Dream some day! She looks beautiful!

Balcony sunblock AKA life boats:

575737_10150932901947550_1959648676_n.jpg

Did you EVER get sun on your cove balcony? I've thought about booking one but, although I am definitely no sun worshiper, I would like to get just a bit of sun.

I really enjoyed reading your review and the comparisons you made. The pictures were a nice touch too. You guys are a cute couple!!! As others have said, you do NOT look old enough to have daughters going off to collage.

Thank you sooo much everyone for all the wonderful compliments. All my wife and I wanted to do was contribute to a site that has helped us plan our cruise.

My wife and I are fortunate to be able to cruise and experience other cultures. But more importantly we are even more fortunate to have each other. We truly are sole mates.

I must say, the Breeze is looking like a nice option. So many choices, so little time.

I find it interesting how cruisers can have a different experience on the same sailing. Just read a review about the same cruise and the poster commented on how much the ship rocked....even stating that someone in their party got sea sick. We are all so different, I just hope I didn't set expectations to high for future Dream cruisers. This was just our experience.

Thanks again.

Thank you sooo much everyone for all the wonderful compliments. All my wife and I wanted to do was contribute to a site that has helped us plan our cruise.

My wife and I are fortunate to be able to cruise and experience other cultures. But more importantly we are even more fortunate to have each other. We truly are sole mates.

I must say, the Breeze is looking like a nice option. So many choices, so little time.

Our experience on the Dream was similar to your.

I find it interesting how cruisers can have a different experience on the same sailing. Just read a review about the same cruise and the poster commented on how much the ship rocked....even stating that someone in their party got sea sick. We are all so different, I just hope I didn't set expectations to high for future Dream cruisers. This was just our experience.

Thanks again.

Our experience on the Dream was similar to yours. We thought it was going to be "too big", but we loved it. I'd sail her again anytime.

I wanted to add my thanks for your review. I really wish you could post it on other boards. Carnival is a good cruiseline and not the drunken barge people think it is! So many people, on other boards, post that they will NEVER try Carnival based on what other people say.

My dh and I are cruising the Dream next April and your review make me even more excited to go!

Thanks again!

Archived