Changing staterooms back-to-back?

Hello,

my husband and I booked two back-to-back 7-day-cruises on the Brilliance OTS in August. We were assigned to two different rooms (guaranteed booking). How is the procedure for changing the staterooms after the first cruise? Do we have to check out and leave the ship with all our luggage and go through the check-in procedure again? Or is there a more costumer-friendly process from RCCI?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Hello,

my husband and I booked two back-to-back 7-day-cruises on the Brilliance OTS in August. We were assigned to two different rooms (guaranteed booking). How is the procedure for changing the staterooms after the first cruise? Do we have to check out and leave the ship with all our luggage and go through the check-in procedure again? Or is there a more costumer-friendly process from RCCI?

Many thanks in advance. :)

You do not have to leave the ship with all your luggage. Usually they ask you to pack everything that is not hanging in the closet. They will then move your luggage and get a trolley to move the items hanging in the closet.

We had to move staterooms on a B2B on Monarch a few years ago and the stateroom attendant did not seem to know anything about moving the items in the closet. We had to pack the hanging items also, but they did move the luggage for us.

Your stateroom attendant will assist in your move. You just pack up loose stuff in your suitcase(s). Leave the hanging stuff in the closet. When you are gone for the B2B process with Guest Relations he/she will move all your stuff (less valuables you should carry) to your new stateroom. The B2B process varies by port but the room change is pretty basic. Bon Voyage!!!

ps, just saw the above response. We have always coordinated the move with our room steward. If it appears that he/she does not know the drill then I would seek out the Housekeeping supervisor for your deck and discuss the move with them.

We have done b2b cruises many times. When you fill out your paperwork online to get your SetSail pass, one of the things they ask is your departure plans. You can select "consecutive cruiser". You should get information in your cabin at the end of the first cruise telling you where you should assemble. After the ship has been cleared of all other passengers, the b2b cruisers are USUALLY taken off as a group by a crew member, you are processed through customs/immigration, and then taken back to the ship before any other passengers are boarded.

Most of the time this process goes very smoothly, but glitches do happen. On our last b2b cruises, there were about 35 of us doing b2b. We were taken off as a group, and then kept waiting until they could locate the last two passengers who had not cleared the ship. We waited and waited. Finally, two elderly women with about a gazillion suitcases, boxes of liquor, sacks, etc., came strolling up to customs. Some of the b2b folks asked why the hold up, and they answered that they didn't like crowds, and wanted to get off last........

Last summer on the Mariner I did B2B's out of Rome which required a room change. As stated above, I just worked with the first cabin steward to make sure he was aware and he took care of my belongings to get them to the second room. In my case, I chose to pack things up including my hanging clothes so it would be all together for him to move.

The process of checkout/checkin did not require me to even leave the ship unless I wanted to. I was given instructions in a letter left in my cabin the night before the last day of the first cruise. The letter included my sea pass card for the second cruise. There were about 6 of us that were doing the B2B. We all met in a lounge and were kept together until all other passengers had left the ship and they had verified that with security. Then we were taken to the gangway where we punched out with one card and then punched back in with the other. We could then return to the ship if we wanted. Or we could punch out again (on the new card) and go ashore to spend the day -- which is what I did. This process took us until about 10:30 am.

Does anyone know the process if you are doing b2b but different ships(same port)?

Do you have to make your own way to the next ship with your luggage? Is there any

transportation for someone with mobility issues?

are your rooms in the same category?

If so, watch room availability...if you are really lucky a cabin in your category may come available on both legs of the B2B...if it happens call your Travel agent or RCI if booked directly. usually RCI will let you change a gty assigned cabin for another in the exact same category. Or maybe you find cabins close together for less moving hassle.

Does anyone know the process if you are doing b2b but different ships(same port)?

Do you have to make your own way to the next ship with your luggage? Is there any

transportation for someone with mobility issues?

I would check close to the end of the cruise-- a few times and see if there is, but I have heard of confusion of info- whether there were shuttle buses to move you to the next ship. Information is often not correct, so double/triple check.

I think you pack up as usual and move on your own, unless there is some transportation..... They are 2 separate cruises on different ships.

Do not bring any wine etc. from the first cruise to use on the 2nd cruise. One person we know, had his bag kept in the Naughty Room after he checked in, he was given a bottle of champagne for his birthday on the first b2b they didn't open.

We are doing this in Oct. and will be asking around to see if we get any 2 answers the same?:rolleyes:

We are able to walk in Barcelona though to the next terminal.

Enjoy your B2B, we Love them!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

It's me again.

We've asked our TA to make a request to RCI for us. We would be happy if we don't have to change staterooms during our B2B.

TA's answer after consultation RCI was that it's not possible to organize this precruising. He told us to ask our request on port during checkin. Maybe there is possibility for us to get same staterooms on both cruises. Maybe not.

Is it possible to make it happen for us or should we cancle our request?

It's MUCH easier if you look, find the same cabin open on both legs, and then give that info to the TA to switch your cabins to. If you leave it to RCCL when you get onboard, my guess is that you won't end up in the same cabin. It will be too close to sailing for the second leg.

PS - if you want help checking, just let us know which category your assigned cabins are in and I bet a few of us here will be willing to do some leg work for you!

It's me again.

We've asked our TA to make a request to RCI for us. We would be happy if we don't have to change staterooms during our B2B.

TA's answer after consultation RCI was that it's not possible to organize this precruising. He told us to ask our request on port during checkin. Maybe there is possibility for us to get same staterooms on both cruises. Maybe not.

Is it possible to make it happen for us or should we cancle our request?

Sounds to me you need a new TA as this one is telling you "not my job". Good luck. BTY I've moved a few times and It's no big deal unless you want to spend a lot of time ashore at the turnover port.

Hmm, sounds like our TA doesn't make a good job. :( We are from Germany, I don't know if german TAs make requests to RCI in the US?! :confused:

This is what we booked: GTY interior staterooms both cruises

This is what we got: first cruise interior stateroom deck 8, second cruise large oceanview stateroom deck 3

We are very happy and thankful about the upgrade to the oceanview stateroom. And we would be more happy about staying there both cruises. :D

And sure we don't want to spend a lot of time with the process of changing staterooms, we want to spend time in the city.

If you can't change your cabin assignments in order to have the same room on both cruises, before you sail, the chances are not very good that you will be able to do so once you are onboard, since the cabin will most likely have already been booked by someone else. Unless your TA and RCI was trying to tell you that your request couldn't be fulfilled because the room was already booked by someone else for the second cruise, there is absolutely no reason why you can't book the same cabin for both cruises. We have done so in the past and are doing it again next year when we sail on Brilliance's Scandinavian cruise followed by her westbound Transatlantic cruise. We have also done consecutive cruises where we had to move cabins and the staff made the process extremely painless. The procedure was as described in previous posts and both room stewards worked together to make the move go smoothly.

Its the little things that are a pain to move if you want to spend a full day ashore. As an example is the contents of your safe, I once asked the folks in my new room if it would be OK to stop by early in the am to put my stuff in their safe.

Archived