my redbull is gone , adventure of the seas

Hi Guys !!!

have you ever had the experience that one of your drinks from the mini bar is gone and they try to charche you. it happened to me mosnths ago when i was onboard the adventure of the seas. they were charching me for a redbull that it wasnt in the mini bar and that we never took. The remove it fromt he bill the last night but I was curious, does this happen often?:eek:

I wouldn't say that it happens often, however you do need to check your bill regularly while onboard to reconcile all the charges, and to get credit for anything that may have been posted to your account in error. Minibar and towels are two items that are the most common errors.

I've never had a problem with items being charged from the mini bar. I have it emptied the day I board. Now I understand that this practice has been discontinued or at least not easily accommodated. Well I intend to remove the items myself if the room steward is unable to or the bar steward is no longer in a position to. The shelf space in the mirror will suffice to store the items. I need the 'fridge' space to keep items cool.

When we sailed the Freedom a few weeks ago, we checked our bill departure morning and it was exactly correct. A few days ago I received my Visa bill and I noticed a charge from Freedom of the Seas. I called RCCL and they said it was for the mini-bar. I told them that we didn't use anything from the bar and they apologized and credited our account. No problem.

I've never had a problem with items being charged from the mini bar. I have it emptied the day I board. Now I understand that this practice has been discontinued or at least not easily accommodated. Well I intend to remove the items myself if the room steward is unable to or the bar steward is no longer in a position to. The shelf space in the mirror will suffice to store the items. I need the 'fridge' space to keep items cool.

We had our mini bar emptied in Apr & May/12. We found a bag under the bed with the goodies from the mini bar. But it was empty!! Perhaps the room steward emptied it?

Hi Guys !!!

have you ever had the experience that one of your drinks from the mini bar is gone and they try to charche you. it happened to me mosnths ago when i was onboard the adventure of the seas. they were charching me for a redbull that it wasnt in the mini bar and that we never took. The remove it fromt he bill the last night but I was curious, does this happen often?:eek:

me and my drank 2 tins of redbull from the mini-bar on the first morning (a little hungover) and we were charged but the 2 tins were never replaced and when we got the mini-bar bill we had been charged for 2 tins everyday, went to customer services and the charges were removed with no questions asked x

Maybe it's an Adventure thing - I had a missing can of Sprite when I got to the cabin in February. I knew there were supposed to be 2 cans but we only had one. I let our cabin steward know that it was missing but we hadn't drank it. I also asked about having the mini bar items removed but he said we wasn't allowed to do that anymore. We put the items in one of the cabinets so they were out of our way. A Sprite can showed up in the fridge a couple days later. I put it in the cabinet with the other items, and the cost was added to my bill. I complained to the front desk and the charge was removed. It then showed up on my aunt's account. She was in the same cabin as me but had her own onboard account. She also requested to have the charge removed. As far as I know, it didn't show up on either of our accounts after we got off the ship. We put everything back in the fridge before we left the cabin.

It's not just RC that had problems charging for mini bar items. I had a similar experience on Holland America with a bottle of wine that was missing when we got to the cabin. HAL actually has bar items in the mini bar - variety of sodas, wines, & liquors. The cabin stewards on HAL wouldn't remove items from the mini bar either. I was able to get the wine charge removed after a talk with the concierge.

Hapened to us once, I think it was on NOS. I discovered it in the statement they leave outside your room on the last night. There were some charges for Coke and we are not coke drinkers. Got it rectified and removed by phoning down to Guest Services...

Archived