Carnival Legend 6/3 REVIEW Pic HEAVY!

Malinger

I know I am late getting this done but I have been playing catch up at work since we got back! I like to take pics and try to get some different angles and stuff. I hope you approve (if not book your own cruise :D) There will be spelling errors and grammar....grammar police (book your own cruise :cool:)

So lets not waste anymore time....

We left Oregon on the 2nd and had a bit of a rough start. We flew from Oregon into San Francisco and were supposed to fly to Houston before heading on to Tampa. We missed our connection so we ended up not arriving into Tampa until after midnight! this was the last of the bad luck as it turned out and everything else was SMOOOOOTH sailing.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at Rocky Point. The place was perfect for us. Clean, comfy and great service to and from the airport and port. We got the first van headed to the port despite arriving so late so after a quick breakfast we left.

We were actually to early to get on the ship and I wanted to stop by Wines by Design around the corner from where we were to board. We grabbed some wine and snapped a few pics before getting on board.

This is from around the block from where you line up.

MG6285-L.jpg

After having some lunch we headed up to our cabin. We were in 6186 which as you can see is a balcony. The location was PERFECT for this cabin. We were near the elevators but never heard any noise. It was also very easy to find for those of who dont get turned around when we get in elevators like my wife. I liked being near both the regular elevators as well as the glass elevators as it seemed like there was always one available.

I remember reading questions about closet space, hangers, and other stuff so here are a bunch of photos for those who are interested.

The cabin

IMG0132-L.jpg

From the other side of the cabin with all the stuff my wife made me carry on.

IMG0134-L.jpg

The safe with an iphone for size reference-

IMG0138-M.jpg

If there are too many pics let me know or else....lets test your connection.

A few of the closets space- I also have pics of various drawers and stuff if anyone is really interested....I said I got a little carried away. LOL

IMG0140-M.jpg

IMG0139-M.jpg

Dont be worried about closet space...there is PLENTY! Robes if ya want them for the buffet.:D

IMG0141-M.jpg

IMG0147-M.jpg

Ice bucket in place and filled without asking! (Our steward was VERY VERY good by the way!)

IMG0133-M.jpg

Thanks for the pics so far. I am looking forward to your review. Some friends of mine have sailed on the Legend, but I have not gotten the opportunity to sail on a Spirit class ship.....yet.

Keep the info coming :)

Thanks for watching.

It is really a nice ship once you get used to the decor. The layout is great. I also should have stated for the record this was our second cruise. Our first was to Alaska several years ago. It was our first trip to the Caribbean as well. We WILL be going back again.

Thanks for watching.

It is really a nice ship once you get used to the decor. The layout is great. I also should have stated for the record this was our second cruise. Our first was to Alaska several years ago. It was our first trip to the Caribbean as well. We WILL be going back again.

I have not been to Alaska, but I have been to the Caribbean (several times). I LOVE that sea. Gorgeous water and Delicious Rum. Not to mention the nice sandy beaches and fascinating cultures.

I have heard many people say that the Spirit class is their favorite class, and I have wanted to sail on one of them for quite some time.

Another shot of the bathroom- an over the door shoe thingy was not needed IMO. The clothes pin idea to keep the shower curtain in place was a great idea however!

IMG0145-M.jpg

One of the fridge for reference....we took the contents out to keep the wine chilled.

IMG0142-M.jpg

A pic of the balcony before we head out to watch the Sky Bridge and meet and greet with a few people from Roll Call on the Sky Deck.

The balcony- we spent alot of time there.

IMG0137-M.jpg

View of the bay from the balcony

IMG0135-M.jpg

Sailing on the Legend on Aug 26---post ALL kinds of pics!! Drawers, bathroom, closets, etc!!!! I want to see what kind of space I will have (we also have a balcony room) so I know how much/what to pack!!! Thanks!!! Love reviews!!!!

Now that we have the cabin pics out of the way!

We headed up to the Sky Deck to meet a few people from the roll call. It was a lot of fun to meet up with them. Sorry we missed the other meet and greets but I was always an hour late remembering them. Too relaxed I guess. We ended up seeing several of you throughout our trip and it was always nice to see how every ones cruise was going.

Here is a shot of the tail we all love...the lighting was right and I liked the shadows on the deck.

MG6298-L.jpg

Here is another of the deck the lines were interesting.

MG6301-L.jpg

The water had a nice glow as we approached the bridge.

MG6305-L.jpg

This is the gratuitous shot going under the bridge. :D

MG6308-L.jpg

we had Anytime dining which I LOVED. We do eat a earl-ish (around 5:30)

We never had a wait and were always seated with the same waiter (which we asked for) We had a table for two at the balcony overlooking the dining room. I meant to take pics of ALL the meals but I forgot a few which is probably just as well. My wife had the Brisket and I had the Flat Iron steak. Both were good but the food could have been warmer. In fact that was my big complaint about the cruise. The food was cold (warm really) in the dining room every night we went. The wife had the creme Brulee and I had the Black forest gateau. trust me and go for the creme brulee. LOL

A pic of the sunset the first night

MG6332-L.jpg

More to come tomorrow!!

Sailing on the Legend on Aug 26---post ALL kinds of pics!! Drawers, bathroom, closets, etc!!!! I want to see what kind of space I will have (we also have a balcony room) so I know how much/what to pack!!! Thanks!!! Love reviews!!!!

Congrats you are in for a fantastic time...

By special request CLOSETS DRAWERS :D

Here are the drawers under the couch. That is an extra pillow in the drawer. You can also put a LOT of luggage under the bed.

IMG0144-M.jpg

This is near the fridge...(which did a great job cooling things contrary to what I had read!)

IMG0143-M.jpg

Alright one more quick post before bed.

When we sat down for dinner my wife noticed the lid for the butter. We both thought it was a bell to get the waiters attention. We both thought it was REALLY TACKY until we figured out it was a lid....sheeesh. :D

IMG0196-L.jpg

After dinner my wife wanted to sing some Karaoke....I went along for the Martini sampler. The Chipotle Martini is INCREDIBLE by the way. If you haven't had it, you MUST TRY ONE next time. The others are melon-y and citrus-y goodness. The sampler is 19.00 and you get to pick the types you want from a menu. You get to keep the menu and it has the recipes for the drinks. I have the Monin chipotle pineapple mix on the way as we speak. Thanks amazon!

IMG0192-L.jpg

On tap tomorrow-

Fun day at sea

eating eating and more eating

Snorkeling in the rain? Nope....no bad luck the rest of the trip, remember?? ;)

See you again tomorrow!

Congrats you are in for a fantastic time...

By special request CLOSETS DRAWERS :D

Here are the drawers under the couch. That is an extra pillow in the drawer. You can also put a LOT of luggage under the bed.

IMG0144-M.jpg

This is near the fridge...(which did a great job cooling things contrary to what I had read!)

IMG0143-M.jpg

THANKS!!!!

Much Appreciated!!!

What are the formal nights for this sailing? Anyone know? We will be on the Legend during Christmas so we are trying to plan which nights to choose for the steakhouse because we don't want to miss formal night in the dining room.

Great pics, keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!

Sher

Next was our "fun day at sea". I am not sure why the way they label that amuses me.

We had breakfast in the Lido buffet this morning. The food was decent. The omelet bar was very good. Those guys who make those things are truly skilled. I worked as a breakfast cook "back in the day" they make it look it easy! Overall, the breakfast at the buffet was ok. I wouldn't rave but it was decent.

We had coffee delivered to room but had a specialty coffee on the Lido with breakfast. The regular coffee was not bad and this made me very happy because coffee is a very important part of my day! :D

We did the various games and shows today. My wife won a ship on a stick at the game show in follies. She would kill me if I posted the picture. The host TJ was very funny and remembered us the rest of the trip. He is very good at his job. He is from South Africa but has been on the ship for quite awhile!

I only have a few pics from today for some reason. One was a test to see how my new point and shoot handled depth of field. Notice the urns...for you guys getting ready to go on the Legend for your first time get used to them, they are EVERYWHERE!

IMG0183-L.jpg

I should also mention the cameras I used for this trip. Some were taken with a Canon Xti DSLR. The other is a Canon S95 point and shoot which I bought for taking underwater photos. (Also bought a housing that is good to 130 ft.) I am a research-y kind of person and the scuba photo guys really like this one. It took nice shots in and out of the water so I ended up using it a lot. It also takes 1080P video and tilt shift mode as well.

A shot of the pool...

IMG0179-L.jpg

Lunch was in the Lido...I think I had a salad so it was too much to write about. For dinner my wife had the stuffed mushroom app and I had the strawberry bisque. The bisque was nice and refreshing. For dinner we both had the lobster and shrimp. The lobster was actually cooked quite well! Sorry no pics of the food foodies.....I did take the camera each day to do so, but at the end of each meal I would see the empty plate and say !#$!@%#$

Here is a photo of one of those moments.....

IMG0286-L.jpg

Next stop Cozumel!

What are the formal nights for this sailing? Anyone know? We will be on the Legend during Christmas so we are trying to plan which nights to choose for the steakhouse because we don't want to miss formal night in the dining room.

Great pics, keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!

Sher

Thursday and Monday. We did the steakhouse the last at sea day. It was a nice way to finish the cruise. It was nice to still have something to look forward to rather than just debarkation. The drawback to it?? We missed out on the final night with our waiters in the MDR. We said our goodbyes to them the night before.

Thanks to all the new subscribers!

By the way I do have fun times from each day if anyone want them. I have NOT scanned them in just yet and they do change some so I dont know if anyone would want them or not.

A little tip too....You can go get the fun times for the next day early at guest services. We sat plotted the next day at dinners.

Archived