Carnival Legend 6/3 REVIEW Pic HEAVY!

Malinger

We had a fun time in Roatan. I would like to visit again and really be able to soak it in. Of all the places we went this seemed like the one we would like to spend some time at. I dont think I would do the Private tour next time as I feel we did the big tour, but I would likely just head to West Bay and take the water taxi over to west village for lunch. Tex was great however and lived up to the high expectations set by the CC users. Thanks for tip guys!

How would one get to West Bay? Thanks

For apps at the steakhouse I had the Lobster Bisque and my wife had the Ahi Tuna tartar which surpised me. she is a picky eater and while she does like sushi the bisque seemed more her style. When I saw the tar tar I knew she was mortified. It had bits of onion chopped up (which she does not care for) along with other stuff. She tried it and I decided to play the gentleman. I offered to trade he my delicious cognac lobster bisque. The tuna was very good though not near what the bisque was. I did earn some bonus points from the wife to use when I am in the doghouse some time.

For dinner, we both had surf and turf. Both cooked perfectly and it was HOT to boot!

Dessert for me was the Chocolate Sampler. Amazing presentation on this one!Each one was sooooo good but soooo rich.

My wife had the cheesecake which was HUGe. It was WAY better than the cheesecake in the MDR as well.

The steakhouse was well worth the extra cost and I reaally should have done it twice. The first night and last night would have been perfect. The service was fantastic and the food was there with it.

Ahi tuna tartar, chocolate sampler, lobster bisque, cheesecake, surf & turf! I'm sold! The dining room staff may never see us if we can get reservations every night.

Our first visit to Belize did not make a good first impression on us, but that's our fault. We didn't plan an excursion. We just walked off the ship and strolled around Belize City for a couple hours. If we hadn't been to third-world cities before, it would have been overwhelming - the filth, the roving, sickly dogs, the cramped stores, etc. Not exactly the best excursion choice for a tourist. I would like to go back with a tour guide and do things differently.

Your pictures of laundry hanging could have been taken in any of the many South American and Central American countries I've visited over the years. You're right to wonder how in the heck they get their clothes to dry when it's so humid! Last summer, my son and I were in Colombia for two weeks on a mission's trip. It was strongly suggested we could help the people we came to serve by employing them to do work for us, for example doing laundry. Mind you they had no electricity, let alone a washer and dryer. Water came from a rooftop cistern. (You probably saw those in Belize and or Roatan). I didn't think about how our clothes were going to be washed and dried when we handed over the sack of dirty clothes. When our laundry was returned to us three days later, we had a stack of clean but slightly damp and lightly musty-smelling clothes. :)

Again, thanks for the review. I'm hoping that by the time we get on the Legend they will have hot food. Of course I've never turned down a cold lobster either, but when you order a steak and a bake, you want at least one of them to be piping. I am assuming that the food on the Lido was hot, as it has steamers under them.????

Our first visit to Belize did not make a good first impression on us, but that's our fault. We didn't plan an excursion. We just walked off the ship and strolled around Belize City for a couple hours. If we hadn't been to third-world cities before, it would have been overwhelming - the filth, the roving, sickly dogs, the cramped stores, etc. Not exactly the best excursion choice for a tourist. I would like to go back with a tour guide and do things differently.

Your pictures of laundry hanging could have been taken in any of the many South American and Central American countries I've visited over the years. You're right to wonder how in the heck they get their clothes to dry when it's so humid! Last summer, my son and I were in Colombia for two weeks on a mission's trip. It was strongly suggested we could help the people we came to serve by employing them to do work for us, for example doing laundry. Mind you they had no electricity, let alone a washer and dryer. Water came from a rooftop cistern. (You probably saw those in Belize and or Roatan). I didn't think about how our clothes were going to be washed and dried when we handed over the sack of dirty clothes. When our laundry was returned to us three days later, we had a stack of clean but slightly damp and lightly musty-smelling clothes. :)

Just driving through the city I can see how it might be a little overwhelming as well. There were parts of Roatan that would have been as well.

I love your laundry story. I did notice the cisterns but I never thought about that being the water source. Makes a lot of sense now that you mentioned it. We take a lot of things for granted for sure. Dry laundry being one of them. :rolleyes:

Again, thanks for the review. I'm hoping that by the time we get on the Legend they will have hot food. Of course I've never turned down a cold lobster either, but when you order a steak and a bake, you want at least one of them to be piping. I am assuming that the food on the Lido was hot, as it has steamers under them.????

I was wondering if it was because of anytime dining maybe? Or maybe the time we ate dinner which was early for the most part. 5:30-6:00ish.

The buffet was plenty fine and honestly the food in the MDR was warm it just wasn't hot. Still good and a minor qualm. I am sure you will have a great time. If you want to skip it I will take your place for you. I will let you know if the food was warm or not. :D

No, sorry, I think I can handle it. We too have anytime dining, but I have been working a late shift at work and dining late, maybe we'll have better luck. But it seems to me that the meals would be hotter earlier in the day. I will let you know though:D

Some birds on the posts in the water saying "Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine"

MG6565-M.jpg

This cracked me up when I saw it. We were there the week after you and I snapped the same photo--that must be their favorite hang out!

7451792376_8255721d93_z.jpg

How do the cruise certificates work and how much do they cost? :)

Buy a $100 Carnival "gift certificate" for lack of a better word and receive OBC when you apply it to a cruise booked in the future (AFTER making your deposit). You get something like $50 OBC for 3-5 days, $75 for 6 days and $100 for 7+. At some point, $200 kicks in. Can't remember that one. Maybe 12 days?

Archived