Carnival Legend 6/3 REVIEW Pic HEAVY!

Malinger

What's the white thing in this picture? I don't recall that.

I am not really sure what it was. We really did not tend to spend alot of time at the pools. Too many people in a small amount of water for my taste. The CHOGS did not bother us at all either.

We awoke in the morning as we pulled into Cozumel. The weather leading up to our trip was pretty iffy and we were wondering if we made a wise decision to go this time of year. They were calling for 40-60% chance of rain in each our ports so when we saw this pulling into port we were a little bummed out.

IMG0218-M.jpg

I was determined to not let it get to me though and we ate breakfast. We were not super into the buffet the day before so we just ordered some citrus, melon, bagels and coffee. It was a nice alternative to the heavy stuff at the buffet. Oh, I actually remembered to take a pic!

IMG0210-L.jpg

Our excursion today was booked with Eagle Ray Divers for a 3 stop snorkel trip with lunch at Money Bar. The cost was $65 per person.

Debarkation was easy and we headed out to catch a cab to different pier.

This is the pier at Puerta Maya.

MG6339-M.jpg

I liked the look of this....

MG6341-M.jpg

Does anyone else find the duty free store name amusing? hehehe I said Duty...

This a little toad I found sitting outside a store waiting for my wife. My first wild animal in the Caribbean! He looks like he is really enjoying my company doesn't he?

MG6350-M.jpg

We went out to where the cabs were and took a short ride to the other pier to meet with eagle ray. The weather was looking pretty bad.:eek:

We pulled into the port and paid for the cab. We found the boat boat without issue.We were pretty early so I snapped a few pics. Before Tony showed up.

MG6351-L.jpg

Tony showed up and instantly made us feel welcome. He said we were waiting for some divers and then we would be taking off. He showed us a card with some of the fish we might see and stuff then the rain broke loose. Luckily the boat had cover and I had my waterproof camera case.

IMG0222-L.jpg

Snorkel anyone???

IMG0221-L.jpg

This was not rain it was RAIN!

Tony said the storms usually pass but it had been raining non stop the last week. He said he had a good feeling about it....we had to trust him.

I have a thing today for flotation devices I guess...

MG6356-L.jpg

After a few more minutes our captain "junior" showed up. Tony told us that we were going to head out without the divers and they would take them on another boat if they showed up. It was a PRIVATE tour for the TWO of us today! WOOOHOO!

We set sail and as we did the rain went away as quickly as it came. The sun started shining and our luck continued!

I cannot say enough great things about Eagle Ray or Tony. My wife is not the best swimmer and he really made sure she felt comfortable. He would free dive under to point things out to us. He could hold his breath forever! The snorkeling was VERY good and there was no other boats around.

IMG0236-L.jpg

IMG0224-M.jpg

Tony doing his thing....

IMG0263-M.jpg

Our first Ray! We also saw an eel and Sea turtles but did not get a pics

IMG0245-M.jpg

After snorkeling the three stops (all of which were really quite different) We headed to Money Bar. Tony offered beer,soda,water ALL of which were included. I had a very refreshing beer and some of the best cantaloupe I have ever had. Tony recommended the Burrito at Money Bar but said everything was very good.

Tony was right about the burrito..it was great!

Here is a few shots of Money Bar and the Miguelito (the boat)

MG6367-M.jpg

MG6372-L.jpg

Here is a pic of Tony with our stuffed bear "lil" We take Lil with us on vacations and take pics with him wherever we go. He has met Blue Man Group, done roller coasters, driven 160 MPH in a Nascar, and various other adventures. :D He has a facebook page if you would like to friend him and keep up on his adventures.:D Just do a search for Little Bear

MG6359-L.jpg

Long story short, Eagle Ray was VERY good. It was the best excursion we had the whole trip. Tony was beyond exceptional and I would HIGHLY recommend when booking an excursion with Eagle Ray to specifically ask that Tony be your guide. We met the dive instructor and while he was nice too, I would actually go back to Cozumel JUST to snorkel with Tony again. The owners daughter Diana also came down to Money Bar to meet us and make sure we had a good time as well.

More to come later....gotta run!

Where were we????

Ahh Cozumel! Tony had a cab waiting for us at Money Bar and we decided to go to downtown and do a little shopping. . The shopping was very different in this area and I can see why Americans might be put off by it. They really (no I mean REALLY) try to get you to buy stuff and bartering with full force is part of it. I was a little surprised by the whole thing but we wandered around for a bit and then went back to the ship.

Here is a pic of the Plaza. The best store we went into down here also has a store at the pier so save yourself some taxi fare unless you are going for another reason.

MG6374-L.jpg

Dinner back on the ship tonight was the Pork loin. It was pretty tasty. I had the cheesecake for dessert . My wife had the fig, date, cinnamon cake. Hers was very good as well. By tonight the waiters had figured out what wines and coffee we liked after dessert and they covered all the bases. We really enjoyed our waitstaff!

The cheesecake and fig stuff....

IMG0288-M.jpg

IMG0290-M.jpg

I think we spent some time in the Piano bar tonight. The guy they have in there was really quite good and the place was always dead. I think it may be the location but he really was one of the most talented entertainers we saw.

Next stop Belize!!!

Loving the review. The pictures are great! I too shoot weird photos, my favorite of mine is a refection in glass windows of a race car on the track. I'm loving your shadow lines.

Photography is alot of fun. I hate lugging around all the stuff sometimes but its worth it later. It does make you appreciate stuff you may not see sometimes too. I love reflections as well.

When we sat down for dinner my wife noticed the lid for the butter. We both thought it was a bell to get the waiters attention. We both thought it was REALLY TACKY until we figured out it was a lid....sheeesh.

That is exactly what I thought it was on my first cruise! :D

Belize

We ate breakfast in the room again this morning. No new pics of Bagels to share!

We had a tour with Carnival doing the Altun Ha and River Wallace trip. We wanted to some ruins in Belize and a private excursion seemed a little risky in Belize. We were late getting back to Port so I am glad we went with Carnival on this one! The tender over was easy for us since we had an excursion with them too.

One thing we saw this morning that was a little odd was a lady who just had surgery fell going down the stairs to get onto the tender. There was quite a few passengers helping the poor lady but no Carnival people at all. They were all watching! The passengers rewally came to her rescue and she did eventually make it down. Anyway......on with the story

When you take the River Wallace trip they seem to send out several groups. Some groups do the River first and some groups do the Ruins first. We did the River. Along the River they stop and show various wildlife that inhabit the area. There are also places along the river where people live. Sometimes a little rougher than we have it here.

The area where the River opens into the ocean is where manatees live. We did not see any manatees but I enjoyed the sign showing they were here. LOL

MG6396-M.jpg

We did see some dolphins!

MG6390-M.jpg

This is a Rehab center. One thing about Belize....they hang A LOT of laundry out to dry! I am not sure how effective that is when the humidity so high!

MG6406-M.jpg

A boat moored up

MG6428-L.jpg

Something about the boat....

MG6430-L.jpg

Sunbathing Iguana

MG6426-L.jpg

When we sat down for dinner my wife noticed the lid for the butter. We both thought it was a bell to get the waiters attention. We both thought it was REALLY TACKY until we figured out it was a lid....sheeesh.

That is exactly what I thought it was on my first cruise! :D

Too funny! I feel strangely relieved! :D

Archived