Carnival Legend 6/3 REVIEW Pic HEAVY!

Malinger

Thank you for taking the time to put together a great review! Loved all of the pictures.:)

Belize is one of those ports that I think people either like or dislike. We knew someone that had been there many times and so that helped us with our expectations. We went to the zoo and loved it. We ate lunch at The Wet Lizard and had the best conch fritters and fish tacos! Very happy memories of Belize!:D

Thank you for all the cabin pictures. I'm planning on taking this ship from Venice to Barcelona next year, in an obstructed view balcony.

Love that you have Little Bear. I have a small Mr. Met that I have taken on cruises to Alaska, Mexico and the Baltics and when I get back I post a "Mr. Met Does _______" photo album. From my recent Baltic cruise:

1239483513_SchwerinCastle.jpg.0ca82b4b4b22669c2fe4448b6bb6307f.jpg

I spent most of the day today putting together a video. It is my first time not only shooting a video but editing as well so be kind! :D

I love the video!!! I would like to capture my cruise in a similar way this November. I have a video camera, but I do not know how to edit out parts I don't want or change the order of clips (or how to get the clips to the computer). I know I am awful with technology!!!

What software did you use? And did you use your video feature on your camera or an actual video camera?

Thank you for all the cabin pictures. I'm planning on taking this ship from Venice to Barcelona next year, in an obstructed view balcony.

Love that you have Little Bear. I have a small Mr. Met that I have taken on cruises to Alaska, Mexico and the Baltics and when I get back I post a "Mr. Met Does _______" photo album. From my recent Baltic cruise:

Mr. Met seems to have been around as well! :D

I love the video!!! I would like to capture my cruise in a similar way this November. I have a video camera, but I do not know how to edit out parts I don't want or change the order of clips (or how to get the clips to the computer). I know I am awful with technology!!!

What software did you use? And did you use your video feature on your camera or an actual video camera?

It really isnt that difficult to figure it out. Trust me I am not a tech guy either.

Basically download the clips onto your computer and then open them with a editing program. (I used one called Video Studio Pro X- it must have been free or come with the camera because I didnt buy it) Cut snippetrs here and there and put in some music. I kinda messed up the beginning a little and left some clips longer than I should have, but for a first shot it wasn't too bad. :rolleyes:

The video was shot with a Canon S95 (the under water part I used a Canon underwater housing) It is not a video camera just has video feature. Parts were a "tilt shift" feature on the camera.It does shoot 1080P HD video but most was shot non HD.

It is really a great little camera....I usually shoot with a DSLR so I am pretty picky about image quality. The stills are pretty nice for a point and shoot. The video is good except for the operator error. :D Trust me there was a bunch I cut out that I wouldnt think of asking people to suffer through. LOL

I would love it if you would post the Funtimes. While I know somethings get changed, it's nice to get a little plan ahead ideas. Thanks.

Funtimes sent to all who I have email addresses for.

Marshhawk I dont have your email address let me know what it is and I will get it out to you. I am unable to post them here!

Sorry it took so long guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Great review - thank you! I'm going on the Legend in January and am a new Carnival cruiser. I did a search for Legend reviews and have been scouring the board first to get as informed as I can before asking a ton of questions on the board.

This review helped a lot - as I wanted to know about storage space and the "mini bar" fridge.

LOL - I know one of the questions I will have is: what the heck is a bitter and blanc? :D

a basketball court ( I like to take pics of odd playing conditions...I have a nice Banyan tree basketball court from Maui) Maybe a new collection for me!:D

MG6545-M.jpg

Gratuitous shot of the boat from the tender

MG6562-M.jpg

Some birds on the posts in the water saying "Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine"

MG6565-M.jpg

Our day in Belize was really unique and very cool. We had heard so many bad things about this port and we enjoyed it. The city itself may not be great. The local people we spoke to out on the tour were all Very nice and definitely loved Belize. The poverty here is a little different than what we are used to as is the way of life.There was a little pushiness from vendors but it seemed to come from an honest place. A polite "No Thank You" and we moved on.

We enjoyed seeing this little corner of the world and how different it all really is. It was certainly the most real port we encountered and something Carnival would have a tough time packaging up for us with pretty bows but that is also what made it charming.

If you give it a chance I "Belize" you will like it too! (Those who have been to Belize know what I am saying) Those who have not gone yet, you will!)

That may be it for tonight guys, I need a break for a bit!

I love the little blurb about BELIZE. My dw AND I WILL BE VISITING IN SEPTEMBER. We hope to walk to the bridge and take the water taxi to Caye Caulker

Alright one more quick post before bed.

When we sat down for dinner my wife noticed the lid for the butter. We both thought it was a bell to get the waiters attention. We both thought it was REALLY TACKY until we figured out it was a lid....sheeesh. :D

IMG0196-L.jpg

If you're at a table with strangers are you expected to share butter from a dish like this with up to 8 other people?

The video was shot with a Canon S95 (the under water part I used a Canon underwater housing) It is not a video camera just has video feature. Parts were a "tilt shift" feature on the camera.It does shoot 1080P HD video but most was shot non HD.

It is really a great little camera....I usually shoot with a DSLR so I am pretty picky about image quality. The stills are pretty nice for a point and shoot. The video is good except for the operator error. :D Trust me there was a bunch I cut out that I wouldnt think of asking people to suffer through. LOL

Your images are gorgeous! I shoot with a DSLR at home but I was afraid to take my camrea on the ship (Canon 5D MArkII) so I took my son's entry level DSLR and a 50MM lens. I felt SO limited! We used a Canon d10 for most of our photos because it was easy and had video. It does well underwater but regular stills leave a lot to be desired and it stinks in low light. Your first images screamed DSLR to me because of your depth of field...did you do that with the S95 ?!? I'm trying to convince the family to do this cruise in the Spring since we missed Roatan on the Magic last week :( We've only sailed on Freedom, Splendor and Magic....wondering if Legend will be a nice change or if it will feel too small? I know DH and I will love ANY ship...I just worry my kids might not have as much to do. Thoughts? And finally......thanks so much for your review. I know it takes forever to put together something so nice! (I haven't even started our Magic video/review....I keep getting sidetracked into reading CC! LOL!)

Great review - thank you! I'm going on the Legend in January and am a new Carnival cruiser. I did a search for Legend reviews and have been scouring the board first to get as informed as I can before asking a ton of questions on the board.

This review helped a lot - as I wanted to know about storage space and the "mini bar" fridge.

LOL - I know one of the questions I will have is: what the heck is a bitter and blanc? :D

Bitter and blanc is basically bread pudding. It's super yummy!

Great review!

I loved all the pictures - they gave a great feel for what your cruise was like!

I noticed that you will send the daily cruise news thingys if you have our e-mail address ... would you mind sending them to me?? I quite like planning ahead of time!!!

zetaome@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Great review!

I loved all the pictures - they gave a great feel for what your cruise was like!

I noticed that you will send the daily cruise news thingys if you have our e-mail address ... would you mind sending them to me?? I quite like planning ahead of time!!!

zetaome@hotmail.com

Thanks!

How did you get the pictures, I sure would like to see them.

If you're at a table with strangers are you expected to share butter from a dish like this with up to 8 other people?

This was at a table for two but I would assume it would be something similar at larger tables. Maybe more of them???

You never told us why you ended up in the naughty room...or did you mention that and I missed it

I forgot about that! THANKS! In Belize we bought a bottle of wine and while going on board they caught us with it and told us to go stand in a line to have it checked. They said it would be returned at the end of the cruise. After standing in line for a while with several other people, we checked our bottle. It would have been 100% percent guaranteed to just take the bottle up to the room without issue though. They would have never noticed. This was the only port that would have been easy. The rest they paid a little closer attention. We bought the wine as a gift anyway so it did not matter, but to those who enjoy sneaking stuff aboard this would be the port to do it!

Your images are gorgeous! I shoot with a DSLR at home but I was afraid to take my camrea on the ship (Canon 5D MArkII) so I took my son's entry level DSLR and a 50MM lens. I felt SO limited! We used a Canon d10 for most of our photos because it was easy and had video. It does well underwater but regular stills leave a lot to be desired and it stinks in low light. Your first images screamed DSLR to me because of your depth of field...did you do that with the S95 ?!?

Most of the pics you are referring to are with the dslr. I am like you and I hate lugging it around but there is no comparison so I suffer though it. I have left it behind on a few trips and always regretted it. The underwater was with the s95.

One problem I did have was with the lenses fogging up due to the humidity everytime I went from the stateroom to the balcony. Once I was outside for awhile it was fine though.

The 5d is such a great camera. I should never have tried one, now I want to upgrade. LOL

Great review!

zetaome@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Thanks! I sent a link to the funtimes to you. LEt me know if you have any problems with the cloud drive pdf. I will send it trad email if it doesnt work for you.

-Nate

How did you get the pictures, I sure would like to see them.

The funtimes are not pics but a daily list of activities from our cruise. They would be similar for you if you are on the legend. If you would like a copy leave your email here and I will send you a copy as well! :D

-Nate

Thanks! I sent a link to the funtimes to you. LEt me know if you have any problems with the cloud drive pdf. I will send it trad email if it doesnt work for you.

-Nate

The funtimes are not pics but a daily list of activities from our cruise. They would be similar for you if you are on the legend. If you would like a copy leave your email here and I will send you a copy as well! :D

-Nate

My email is lanesew@gmail.com

Archived