Balcony Breakfast Ideas?

So the hubby and I were on Oasis last December and have decided to go on Allure in December 2013 [would've done it this year but we brought home an exciting (but planned!) addition off our Oasis cruise!]

Anyways, we had a beautiful balcony on Oasis which we LOVED, but found that room service breakfast was really disappointing. The eggs were sorta gross, the bacon was always either limp or burned and the tomato [at least to us] was just not needed. I will qualify this and say I am a private chef so my standards can sometimes be high, but even my husband who I refer to as a "garbage disposal" for anything edible felt like breakfasts outside of room service were far and away better.

So here is my question after taking forever to get to it... Does anyone else go get breakfast and ask for it to go and bring it back to the balcony? We booked this Allure trip with a balcony on Deck 6, so I was thinking, could I go to Johnny Rockets, order and then ask for it to go and bring it back to enjoy on our balcony? Or how about Park Cafe? I would think the holdup would be if they didn't want the dishware leaving the eating area.

Anyone done this? Or if it is not allowed, what other alternatives to room service would you use?

When we were on Allure, we went to the WJ and brought back plates of food and silverware back to our balcony. We had no problems at all. I would think it would not be a problem at Park Cafe either. The plates were cleared with no problem from our room.

ditto above post. I bring meals from windjammer back to wife all the time. Also, done Solarium for breakfast also; we were on deck 10, so didn't have to go very far for food.

You can certainly bring food from anywhere to anywhere....the problem with hot foods is keeping it hot until you make that long trek back to the cabin!

This is why I was thinking about Johnny Rockets. Our room is probably 40 steps away from the entrance to the Boardwalk. We really enjoyed Johnny Rockets breakfast last time, but we were on deck 8.

This time we moved because we found ourselves spending a lot of time on the boardwalk and in the promenade, so being on deck 8 felt a bit isolated [it was a nice short walk to park cafe and chops, but we only did that a couple times].

I am not a chef, only the family cook. I didnt mind the room service bfast. I think it was easiest for us on port days.

Do you think that the JR eggs will be any different? Off the top of my head, I dont think so, but you never know??????

DH would love to order room service at night before bed too. We just had fun:) Even after food in the Promanade, we would order just because we could!

This is why I was thinking about Johnny Rockets. Our room is probably 40 steps away from the entrance to the Boardwalk. We really enjoyed Johnny Rockets breakfast last time, but we were on deck 8.

This time we moved because we found ourselves spending a lot of time on the boardwalk and in the promenade, so being on deck 8 felt a bit isolated [it was a nice short walk to park cafe and chops, but we only did that a couple times].

We were in a similar spot. Almost every day we went to the Park Cafe and brought back Egg Mc'Muffins but much better :D, chirizo breakfast burritos ( OUR FAVORITE) and fruit cups.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I am not a chef, only the family cook. I didnt mind the room service bfast. I think it was easiest for us on port days.

Do you think that the JR eggs will be any different? Off the top of my head, I dont think so, but you never know??????

DH would love to order room service at night before bed too. We just had fun:) Even after food in the Promanade, we would order just because we could!

Oh yes, Johnny Rockets was awesome for breakfast. I got the egg sandwiches and it was a fresh over hard egg inside and when my husband got the eggs and hash browns and bacon it was cooked to order. I think we may have done breakfast there 3 out of the 7 mornings when we were on Oasis.

The room service breakfast on the other hand it almost seemed like the eggs were scooped onto the plate with an ice cream scooper. Now I generally like scrambled eggs quite a lot, but these seemed weirdly different than anything I had ever had before.

Like I said, I don't need anything gourmet... I, like most others here, LOVE getting 7 days off from cooking. Not seeing a pot or pan in seven days is the highlight of my vacations aside from the hubby, lol. We loved the food on Oasis and ate in the MDR 6 out of the 7 nights, my only food aversion was room service breakfasts.

CruisinDawn, we didn't even think of Park Cafe for breakfast, will definitely have to check out the egg sandwiches there! We went a couple times for the roast beef sandwiches and the fresh made salads.

We love eating out on the balcony. It is so relaxing and we love the view.

Some mornings we will have juices, milk, muffins and fruit delivered from room service and run to WJ for our eggs and bacon. (I am too much of a clutz to carry all of that back to the room.).

It is such a wonderful way to start the day.

Johhny Rockets cooks everything to order; they have their kitchen right there in the resturaunt. Room Service comes from the Kitchen located by the Windjammer; they cook to order; but how quickly they get to your cabin is why the food may be a little cold. I think Spabsie, has a good idea; book a room close to Johnny Rockets or the park cafe; and you should have hot food when u get back to the room. Of course if you want to go and eat in anyone of the venues u don't have to worry; this is only a suggestion for those who want to eat on their balconies.

Archived