Gem Review with pictures 6/23-6/30/12

Michele -

Thanks SO much for taking the time to write a detailed review including pictures. It was like reliving the experience once home. We have sailed on many cruise lines, but the SUITE life with NCL is really sweet. The service was the best, and we loved Cagney's for breakfast and lunch - what a nice perk. It was great meeting you and your family at our CC meeting and then spending time with each other when we saw each other on board.

Enjoy the rest of your summer - and keep cool in your pool (lucky you).

Best wishes for smooth sailing in the future.

Dennis & Judy

I just uploaded 2 pictures to the thread you started! :D

Thank you so much (unfortunately the ''open'' picture does not show but I still appreciate the gesture very much).

To the OP thanks for the well written review do you remember what time Cagney's opened up for breakfast?

I'm sorry, I cannot remember, as we are not really early risers, maybe 7 am? But Cagney's was always in full swing when we arrived by 8-8:30 am. However, I can tell you they STOP serving breakfast at 10 am!

Hi Michele! It was so nice meeting you am your family on the Gem! Your review was fabulous and brought back some great memories! I still think we got cheated out of winning name that tune! We should have exchange email addresses or something! Already looking at our planning for next year! Have you begun? Thanks again for the great review and for causing me to relive a fantastic week! Give my best to Robert and Sam!

Laurie, Steve and the boys

Hi Michele! It was so nice meeting you am your family on the Gem! Your review was fabulous and brought back some great memories! I still think we got cheated out of winning name that tune! We should have exchange email addresses or something! Already looking at our planning for next year! Have you begun? Thanks again for the great review and for causing me to relive a fantastic week! Give my best to Robert and Sam!

Laurie, Steve and the boys

Laurie,

It was such a pleasure meeting you on this cruise, hope you saw my message to you back on our cruise thread.

Please feel free to email me at sprintelectric at mindspring dotcom

We are definitely planning another cruise, we also purchased a future cruise credit, and I'm itching to put it to good use right away! Thinking about a Bermuda trip possibly next June/July. But I think our only option will be on the Breakaway...looking into prices. Of course, we are suite spoiled now and Breakaway is so much more than the other ships. We'll see how that goes!

Email me and we'll talk!

~Michele:D

Laurie,

It was such a pleasure meeting you on this cruise, hope you saw my message to you back on our cruise thread.

Please feel free to email me at sprintelectric at mindspring dotcom

We are definitely planning another cruise, we also purchased a future cruise credit, and I'm itching to put it to good use right away! Thinking about a Bermuda trip possibly next June/July. But I think our only option will be on the Breakaway...looking into prices. Of course, we are suite spoiled now and Breakaway is so much more than the other ships. We'll see how that goes!

Email me and we'll talk!

~Michele:D

We'll be in touch for sure, Michele! I hope our cruising paths will cross again! We are very interested in the Breakaway to Bermuda next summer, but the prices are quite a bit higher. We were spoiled this year with having two rooms, but we got them at such a great price on the Gem. So far, we're looking at about $2500 more for the same type rooms on the Breakaway. We don't want to do the Gem three years in a row, so we're at a bit of a crossroads. We're thinking of the Carnival Splendor's exotic Caribbean itinerary.We really just love cruising from New York for the convenience of it. We've also cruised out of Boston (equal distance and just as convenient from where we are in CT), but it's not as special as cruising down the Hudson. We do know that whatever we choose will be late July due to the whole baseball debacle this year with the boys! I'll email you in the near future. In the meantime, here's a picture from our last night in the Stardust. Notice my little guy managed to get himself in there!!! NorwegianGemCruise2012385.jpg

Okay, let's try that again! Hopefully the picture will post this time!

NorwegianGemCruise2012385.jpg

Thank you!! That is so cute that he managed to wedge his way into the picture!! Nice picture, btw!

Just send me an email so I can put your email into my contact list and I'll let you know which ships/sailiings we are cotemplating.

Also, Robert & I will be going for a weekend on the Jewel for a CTN this February for a fun, "Kid free" weekend. Dawn is on that one too. You and Steve should think about it!

~Michele

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We're heading out on the GEM in a few weeks and your review has us so excited.

Just a question about your Universal excursion - who did you hire the car service from? We were thinking of doing the same, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks!