flight from Amsterdam

sailawayjack

:cool: I need recommendation from experienced Baltic cruisers. What are the chances of making a 10:50 am flight out of Amsterdam? Only other int'l cruise, I spent the extra night in Barcelona and did not have to rush. Experienced opinions greatly welcomed.:cool: JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

I would guess that it is possible since the Celebrity transfers from ship to airport require a departure after 10:30. You may want to check with X to double check. The airport is less than an hour away..... Cheers!

It not just depends on celebrity but also on your airline.

Airlines to the USA in general want you to checkin 2-3 hours before departure.

Best is anyway to try and check-in online. Realise that in summer line can be long at the airport.

Security in Amsterdam takes place at the gate, go there in time too.

It not just depends on celebrity but also on your airline.

Airlines to the USA in general want you to checkin 2-3 hours before departure.

Best is anyway to try and check-in online. Realise that in summer line can be long at the airport.

Security in Amsterdam takes place at the gate, go there in time too.

Good advice, Ine. My daughter and I were in Amsterdam in May on the Brilliance, and the check-in lines at the airport were very, very long. It took us half an hour just to reach the ticket agent's counter to hand in our luggage for our morning flight. We were glad we arrived three hours before our flight.

Celebrity parameters for Amsterdam are 10:30 departures or later for international flights. I was nervous about a 10:50 departure in May, but I had no difficulty making it. Others who had some luggage go missing weren't so lucky. If all goes well, the 10:50 departure should be do-able and I have it booked again for a trip in August with a high degree of confidence.

Be sure to disembark yourself! We had a Celebrity tour booked because we were staying overnight and wanted to kill time plus get transportation to our el cheapo hotel at the airport. They assured us our luggage would be first off. WRONG. Two out of three bags were, but the third one was not.

We had to leave for our tour or lose it. They said when they located it they would send it to the hotel. WRONG, again.

Good thing we were staying overnight because it took us the better part of the afternoon/evening to locate it. It was found by a very nice port employee who took the time to go to their general lost and found to find it for us and then send it immediately to the airport as we had an early morning flight out.

Two ship issued disembarkation tags were on it, our normal ID was on it, and inside the unlocked bag on top was an itinerary with our hotel information listed. They, also, had our hotel information on the lost luggage claim form.

Tucker in Texas

Very easy. Ship normally arrives in port 5am. DO NOT set your luggage outside your cabin the night before. Just get up, take your luggage and walk off the ship. Grab a taxi (expensive but worth it -approximately 50 Euros) and you'll be at the airport in plenty of time to check in, eat a leisurely breakfast and do some last minute shopping. We've done this a couple times and believe it or not we were literally the first ones off the ship.

We recently disembarked RCCL Brilliance to make a 10.35 flight by walking 15 mins to Central Station (docked behind Central Station), trams also available, we then took the train to the airport which took approx 30 mins, trains run frequently. We had purchased a return ticket from the manned booth (approx 8 euros each) on the outward journey to same time on our return. Very easy to do. Just walk off with your luggage and allow plenty of time.

We recently disembarked RCCL Brilliance to make a 10.35 flight by walking 15 mins to Central Station (docked behind Central Station), trams also available, we then took the train to the airport which took approx 30 mins, trains run frequently. We had purchased a return ticket from the manned booth (approx 8 euros each) on the outward journey to same time on our return. Very easy to do. Just walk off with your luggage and allow plenty of time.

:cool:Thank you for yor replies. I feel comfortable that I'll make it one way or the other:cool:JACK IS $AILING AGAIN

Archived