Good, bad, ugly ?? Liberty Aft Cabins

Can anyone tell us the good, the bad, or the ugly about the aft cabins on the Liberty, deck 7? (7414, 7412, 7714, 7712).

There will be three adult women in the Junior Suite cabin. We love to sit out on the balcony and watch the water, look for flying fish, and read and relax. Walking the long-long hallways are not an issue for us. We're more interested in the size of these Junior Suites and the view from the balcony.

If we'd be looking down directly onto another deck from our balcony and see nothing but metal, then these cabins wouldn't be for us.

Thanks for any information.

island284

Can anyone tell us the good, the bad, or the ugly about the aft cabins on the Liberty, deck 7? (7414, 7412, 7714, 7712).

There will be three adult women in the Junior Suite cabin. We love to sit out on the balcony and watch the water, look for flying fish, and read and relax. Walking the long-long hallways are not an issue for us. We're more interested in the size of these Junior Suites and the view from the balcony.

If we'd be looking down directly onto another deck from our balcony and see nothing but metal, then these cabins wouldn't be for us.

island284

If you look directly down, instead of out, you will see a plain grey metal deck. Look out, and you will see the beautiful ocean.

When you are seated, you will see the "out" view. You will only see the "down" view if you are standing at the railing.

We did just about the same thing. 3 adult women booking the JS ... 7414. It's inside the super structure. You feel like you're inside. The balcony was huge but you really had to look for the water. I'd NEVER do it again.

Admittedly this is from deck 9 and cabin 9706, but you can see those on deck 7 and as mentioned the view down to deck 6.

5738925833_a2dff6aa95_z.jpg

But then again, also as mentioned, when you look out you get views like this

5739697992_5ece220e8d_z.jpg

And this view was a great start to the day

5739657484_1c368e40ba_z.jpg

island284

If you are standing at the railing and look down, you will see NOTHING BUT metal.

If you are sitting there, enjoying the ocean go by, talking with the other two ladies, you will see the ocean.

We LOVE AFT CABINS!!!!!

Tim

We did just about the same thing. 3 adult women booking the JS ... 7414. It's inside the super structure. You feel like you're inside. The balcony was huge but you really had to look for the water. I'd NEVER do it again.

Yes you will see superstructure. This does bother some but not others.

PattyG is not wrong with her statement/opinion but it does not bother us one little bit, my opinion. Neither of us is right or wrong, it will be your opinion but the steel will obstruct some view. We just really enjoy both the view and sound of the wake.

Tim

I'm excited to see some pictures in this thread, My wife and I have room 1702 booked for our first Transatlantic, our first balcony and our first aft.

My computer desktop is a picture I took from the aft of the liberty, I think it was from the windjammer.

Standing view from 7414 equivalent looking left

1064693601036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

Standing view from 7414 equivalent looking right

1064693763036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

From inside the cabin

1050572181036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

Standing at the railing

2231647140036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

Another view from balcony from 7714 equivalent:

2639653280036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

We had our first and last aft cabin on the Explorer in Feb. You see only the wake and steel, you don't see the ports as you arrive and depart. We found this very annoying. Also, very long walks back to the cabin. I know most people claim to love them but give me a regular side balcony anytime

island284

We have never booked an aft cabin, but just for your info.....there is a post here that mentions their aft cabin was covered in soot everyday from the smoke stacks. Might want to find it and read what they went thru before you book one.

We have never booked an aft cabin, but just for your info.....there is a post here that mentions their aft cabin was covered in soot everyday from the smoke stacks. Might want to find it and read what they went thru before you book one.

This has happened to us once (as in one night, not the entire cruise) on our balcony and we have been on several where we had an aft balcony. It is all determined by wind direction. If it is just right, it will happen. We told our cabin attendant and it was cleaned that morning.

Tim

Hi island824

we booked our first aft cabin on Liberty (we just returned on saturday) and we had the soot problem, I understand it doesn't happen to everyone, but if the wind is just right then......

other people love them, personally I would rather have a normal side one in future..

here is the link (with pics) to my original post, so you can make up your own mind

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1666536

wendy

x

I'm excited to see some pictures in this thread, My wife and I have room 1702 booked for our first Transatlantic, our first balcony and our first aft.

My computer desktop is a picture I took from the aft of the liberty, I think it was from the windjammer.

This thread should keep you busy for a few days... Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860

We were upgraded to a JS on the aft and it was a BIG mistake. Think we were on deck 7 or 8 but the crew 'smoking area' was visible from our cabin and you could smell smoke all the time. Also we were above the big owners suite balcony so every time that family (several young children) were out the balcony was unusable. We would NEVER do an aft again....never sat on the balcony. A side balcony would have much nicer, exactly what I had before the upgrade fairy called.

We got a fantastic deal on a corner aft on Explorer for our Bermuda cruise the end of Oct./12. Looking forward to the large balcony, even if we do have a bumpy ride while going and coming to Bermuda. It will be great for our 3 days we are in Bermuda! We are on deck 7.

We also have booked deck 8 on our Independence 6 night feb/13. We have had corner aft on Serenade, and loved it. We know the larger ships have all the steel, but that is ok with us. We got some great deals on the corner aft cabins and are looking forward to having them. Soot or not, long walks, and vibrations are all ok with us! The long walks will allow for us to have more desserts and drinks!

island284

Hi,

My quarter peso:

1. Carnival and Princess have better aft cabin views, and we try to book

them on those lines.

2. Royal's afts are a long walk to look at girders. We personally do not

want to pay extra for girders and hope the 'Sunshine Class' has better

aft views.

3. On Royal ships we prefer side balcony views, especially center

hump balconies..and they just happen to be convenient to elevators.

4. I talked to a CCer...don't book a JS directly under pool/activity decks.

My 2 cents.

Have a good one.

:cool:

We had a deck 9 aft balcony cabin booked on Freedom for September. We had mixed feelings about this but decided to give it a try. The they offered a balcony guarantee that saved us quite a bit of money so we decided to give up our aft balcony and "jump in the pool". We were not expecting much but were surprised when we were assigned a deck 6 balcony at the very tip of the hump!

Just wondering, for those that like aft balconies, would you consider a hump balcony better or worse?

But heck we are on a cruise so it is all good!

Archived