what is there to eat after 1am on the Liberty...

chiggazred

pizza station is open as well as room service

this is your choice if you want to eat at 3 am.. I dont think it could be stated much clearer.

yea i've been on NCL i was wondering if they have something similar to blue lagoon on carnival cruise lines

So, thats why we are confused about your question.

PS Yes, if you are lucky there is one soft serve machine working 24/7, but not all the time.

do you have to call room service is there a restaurant open where i can order it?

No you have to call and sit and wait in your room... thats why I never order it, hate to sit and wait... I go get the salad.

With this many posts.. if someone had forgotten some food you could get, they would have posted it .. there are no other choices.

On most ships.. if its working.. the one ice cream machine that is working is usually in the diagonal corner to the pizza station.

The pizza station is the only choice during the night if you want to walk up and get something to eat.

Just back from the Liberty this morning. They have "late night snacks" at the Lido from 11:30 to 1:00. When I went, they had hot dogs, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, buffalo chicken sandwiches, cookies and brownies. They also had bananas, apples and oranges.

You can always have pizza and ice cream or room service.

Just back from the Liberty this morning. They have "late night snacks" at the Lido from 11:30 to 1:00. When I went, they had hot dogs, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, buffalo chicken sandwiches, cookies and brownies. They also had bananas, apples and oranges.

You can always have pizza and ice cream or room service.

I have seen this at times, but not every night.

Was it every night now on Liberty?

I was thinking similarly. If I cant sleep and up at 3 am.. I want to nibble on something. Its a cruise, my vacation. Im surprised someone thinks its a good idea to crub what others can eat. :eek: .. well maybe I should not be surprised. Heck in NY they want to limit the size of fast food drinks. I guess they dont know some people buy 1 drink and share it.. and want to increase profits for fast food joints.

too many people want to tell others what they can eat and drink.

this is twice in a row I agreed with you.. stop the world.. I need to get off, the world is ending.

Madame Firefly.... or maybe u should call yourself Madame Cruise Critic, cause u just seem to be everywhere! I was brought up to respect my elders...and somehow u just seem older than me... so i will be as nice as possible.

When i eat... i guess u can say i eat for 2, that's how big my appetite is.

But i am, a semi-pro hockey player (not good enough to play pro) i play tennis 3 times a week and i give self defence classes in Kyokoshinkai Karate, i burn all the calories i consume.

U love to give ur opinion on everything, right? So my opinion is that it's ok that there is no midnight buffet cause people including myself allready eat enough during the day with all that's available....so havin a more limited menu avaiable at that time of the night is a better idea. That's MY opinion, i don't want or need to control what anybody else eats. I was just saying it ain't good for u, but hey do whatever u want!

I have seen this at times, but not every night.

Was it every night now on Liberty?

I think it is every night except the last night....I could be mistaken. I'll check the Fun Times when I can unpack them.

That's actually no problem, from what i noticed on my 1st cruise,most people eat way too much all day long.

So people should not be eating AGAIN at that time anyway.

I meen talk about BAD for you:eek:

Some of us work midnight shift and eating at 3am is normal

Madame Firefly.... or maybe u should call yourself Madame Cruise Critic, cause u just seem to be everywhere! I was brought up to respect my elders...and somehow u just seem older than me... so i will be as nice as possible.

When i eat... i guess u can say i eat for 2, that's how big my appetite is.

But i am, a semi-pro hockey player (not good enough to play pro) i play tennis 3 times a week and i give self defence classes in Kyokoshinkai Karate, i burn all the calories i consume.

U love to give ur opinion on everything, right? So my opinion is that it's ok that there is no midnight buffet cause people including myself allready eat enough during the day with all that's available....so havin a more limited menu avaiable at that time of the night is a better idea. That's MY opinion, i don't want or need to control what anybody else eats. I was just saying it ain't good for u, but hey do whatever u want!

Im a night person, always have been, always will be, thats why I am up at 3 am. Its rare I eat anything before noon but coffee real life. My Dad is turning 94 and he thinks its a early day to get up and go play pool by 1 pm once a week, and has dinner at 10:30, sometimes later.

I think you are missing the point that others have different hours and may eat later. Exercise not counting. Both of my parents are stick thin, and my Dad has to force himself to eat enough and had a feeding tube for a year.. so obviously eating late doesnt hurt him as far as making him gain, since he keeps such a late schedule.

Without knowing us much better than you do, you cant make sweeping generalizations. I ate once at the midnight buffet, didnt like the food, never ate there again .. but thats not to say I dont want some salad at 3 am.

Yes it is normal bigcraig, because that's the eating schedule someone has with night shift work.

I meant it for someone who has a regular eating schedule and then has a midnight buffet.....but after rereading my post i see that it's as if i am telling people what to eat...and that's wrong...sorry about that.

Im a night person, always have been, always will be, thats why I am up at 3 am. Its rare I eat anything before noon but coffee real life. My Dad is turning 94 and he thinks its a early day to get up and go play pool by 1 pm once a week, and has dinner at 10:30, sometimes later.

I think you are missing the point that others have different hours and may eat later. Exercise not counting. Both of my parents are stick thin, and my Dad has to force himself to eat enough and had a feeding tube for a year.. so obviously eating late doesnt hurt him as far as making him gain, since he keeps such a late schedule.

Without knowing us much better than you do, you cant make sweeping generalizations. I ate once at the midnight buffet, didnt like the food, never ate there again .. but thats not to say I dont want some salad at 3 am.

Firefly...je vous demande pardon..(english translation)...i am very sorry for my comments , they were not called for. I actually enjoy reading your posts u are direct and to the point i like that.

Like i said to big craig, it does sound as if i am telling people what to eat, i really didn't meen that, just came out wrong.

In the future i will reread my posts before i post them:)

Actually it has everything to do with it:) No problem with having a nice even big supper as long as u give ur body the time it need to burn those calories.

Midnight buffet...then go to bed a few hours later...recipe for disaster.

Congrats on ur weight loss:)

What time you eat has nothing to do with weight gain/loss. Going to bed with a full tummy has nothing to do with weight gain. Overeating causes weight gain.

What time you eat has nothing to do with weight gain/loss. Going to bed with a full tummy has nothing to do with weight gain. Overeating causes weight gain.

Sorry but that is only partially correct.

What & when you eat has a large impact on your weight. If you eat the right thing at the right time you can actually loose weight while you sleep.

Eat the wrong thing at the wrong time and you can plan on waking up with a little more body fat in the morning.

To succesfully loose weight or not gain any weight you need to stop eating at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed.

You shouldn't feel starving before going to bed, but if you feel slightly hungry your body is telling you, u did he right thing and ur losing body fat.

If you listen to your brain and u eat too close to bedtime

When u go to bed ur body won't burn the fat it has stored during the day, it will actually increase your fat.

Every time u eat it boosts ur metabolism,but this effect is minimized late at night.

A couple of hours after supper your body prepares for sleep, so your metabolism slows down.

So if you eat the wrong food, after u have has supper,like let's say....a couple of slices of pizza at 2 a.m and then go to sleep...well your on your way to gaining weight...that's just the way it is....sorry

Sorry but that is only partially correct.

What & when you eat has a large impact on your weight. If you eat the right thing at the right time you can actually loose weight while you sleep.

Eat the wrong thing at the wrong time and you can plan on waking up with a little more body fat in the morning.

To succesfully loose weight or not gain any weight you need to stop eating at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed.

You shouldn't feel starving before going to bed, but if you feel slightly hungry your body is telling you, u did he right thing and ur losing body fat.

If you listen to your brain and u eat too close to bedtime

When u go to bed ur body won't burn the fat it has stored during the day, it will actually increase your fat.

Every time u eat it boosts ur metabolism,but this effect is minimized late at night.

A couple of hours after supper your body prepares for sleep, so your metabolism slows down.

So if you eat the wrong food, after u have has supper,like let's say....a couple of slices of pizza at 2 a.m and then go to sleep...well your on your way to gaining weight...that's just the way it is....sorry

i guess it's a good thing we all don't cruise 52 weeks a year.

in the meantime, i hang up most of my everyday regimans when ii go on vacation.

Archived