BEDS and food on the Constellation!!!

munch122

Hi everyone!!

I would like to thank you for all the advice on my first post!!!:D I have decided on the sky suite #6146 for my 87 year old mom, my husband and myself for our first cruise. The perks for the sky suite out weigh the uncomfortable sofa bed but thanks for the heads up!!! Maybe will bring a topper with us!!! We were wondering if you can seperate the main bed into two singles and would there still be enough room to move around? We were able to share a twin bed when we were young. I am not sure about now but that way we could all three have a bed!!! Also which restaurant on the constellation serves the best filet, burger and cheese steak? Beef is all my mom eats no seafood or fowl. Any good ham or pork suggestions would also work she does eat these but she is basically a beef girl!!! I will pay extra for specialty but only if filet is exceptional!!! This cruise is for her so I want to make it special no disappointments!

THANKS AGAIN :D:D

WE were wondering if you can seperate the main bed into two singles and would there still be enough room to move around? THANKS AGAIN :D:D

Yes! :)

You're right, the advantages do outweigh the negatives.

I'm not sure if the bed can be split in that cabin, as I never tried that, but if it can, there will be enough room. But, I honestly think that those ship beds aren't as wide as a regular twin. I had twin beds growing up until I was 18, and had the split bed in other cabins and they didn't seem nearly as wide.

As for a topper or the sofa bed, you can contact Special Needs and tell them you need an egg crate topper for the sofa bed. They do have those available.

The food in the specialty restaurants is always very, very good. The menus are on the Celebrity website I believe (or you can search these boards). In the main dining room there will generally be a fish dish, a chicken dish, and a beef dish, along with others. People have posted the menus themselves on these boards as well, so you can search for them, although they can change from time to time. There are a few menu items which are always available and steak is one of them (albeit not filet). I don't recall ever seeing a cheesesteak sandwich onboard but then I never searched for one so I could be wrong. In the cafeteria at lunch there is a pasta station where they will cook up your pasta made to order - she may enjoy that for lunch if she like Italian.

Forgot to talk about the beds. I can't speak for that specific Suite but my relatives have stayed in many Sky Suites and were always able to split the beds in two, and I agree there is room. The topper may help on the sofa bed - couldn't hurt. The bigger issue is that lack of support in the mattress so it sags, and it is lower to the ground than the beds (this is based on pre-refurbishing so not sure what they are like now).

One other point I will make about beds, room, and expectations - a Sky Suite is bigger than a regular room but it is not big. When people who have never cruised before enter a room on a cruise ship the first impression is often OMG how can I spend a week in this room?! Obviously this impression is more pronounced for regular cabins, but even the Sky Suite is certainly nothing like a 'suite' in a hotel as far as size goes. I am not trying to put this in a negative light - I have been on over 30 cruises so obviously I love them!- but just keep this in mind when setting her expectations to avoid disappointment from the get-go.

The beef and burgers are fine , but I have never seen a "chesse steak" on X . I think you mean the sandwich from the east coast(Phila area) while this has caugt on in other parts of the U.S. I have only seen it on one cruise line I think it was C.C.L.

Hi, the best Filet would probably be served in Oceanliners and/or

Tuscan Grille. Everyone has different opinions of course but I have

had that in both restaurants....both have been excellent:) Tuscan

also serves a Ribeye.

There is a steak on the menu in the main dining room listed

under "Every day items" but it is not a Filet.

As for a cheese steak? You mean like a Philly Cheesesteak? I have

not seen that on any menu.

Archived