Final Payment Help

catdoc

My final payment is due today. We have 2 cabins booked through a travel agent that we have used for 3 different cruises with no problems. I noticed that so far the final payment has only been processed for one of the cabins. I called our agent to check on it but she is actually out of the office for a week on a group cruise. She does not have a partner. So, what can I do? I called Carnival but they can't help me because the booking is through a travel agent. I have left messages with the travel agent, but haven't heard from her and I don't expect to today. I am kicking myself for not double-checking last week and am trying not to freak out. If our cabin is cancelled, there are no others available in the same category. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe the payment will be processed as the day goes on.........

when did you give the money for final payment to your TA? Was it supposed to be automatically deducted?

Is the TA a full company with many employees? If so, I would tap someone else at the company to follow up

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but there does not seem to be a way to make a payment. The tab for billing is just blank. I think maybe payments have to come through the travel agent. Next time, I'll book on my own.

Call Carnival and find out if there is a grace period between final payment and before a cabin gets cancelled. If not, let them know your situation and BEG them if you have to, to hold your cabin until your TA gets back.

Good Luck! Be sure to come back and let us know what happened!

i had a similar problem with our last cruise. i found out that even though my agent works alone, she owns a franchise of a larger web based company. i was able to contact the "main" company, explain my predicament and get immediate help. they don't like to interfere with others clients, but like to insure the compnay's good name. hope it works out for you.

Most times a TA has the final payment due a few weeks before

the cruise line does. So you probably still have time..

Call Carnival, and just ask them

when is Carnivals final payment due

for a cruise leaving on......whatever date

you are cruising.

Full Payment when you book through

Carnival is normally 70-75 days before

you cruise.

So what is your actual cruise date??

Our cruise date is 9/30 so the actual payment date is today. I did call and beg Carnival to help me, but they say they can't. I would think they woudl want to take my money, but no such luck. It does look like my agent is part of a franchise, so I will try them. The Carnival agent said she didn't know how soon the cabin would get cancelled. I'm beginning to get a little stressed.

i had a similar problem with our last cruise. i found out that even though my agent works alone, she owns a franchise of a larger web based company. i was able to contact the "main" company, explain my predicament and get immediate help. they don't like to interfere with others clients, but like to insure the compnay's good name. hope it works out for you.

This happened to me too. My PVP from Carnival quit and became his own agent. He was always wonderful. I looked up my booking and it was 4 days past final payment. I couldn't get him on the phone, by email or anything.

I frantically called Carnival and with several explanations they gave me the name and number to his parent company. I contacted them and they took care of it. I never heard from my guy ever again! I did use his parent company again and they told me he was still around...

I checked to make sure my credit card was not billed twice or had something fishy on it. Caused a lot of anxiety.

Our cruise date is 9/30 so the actual payment date is today. I did call and beg Carnival to help me, but they say they can't. I would think they woudl want to take my money, but no such luck. It does look like my agent is part of a franchise, so I will try them. The Carnival agent said she didn't know how soon the cabin would get cancelled. I'm beginning to get a little stressed.

Keep asking for a supervisor. If you know the franchise call them yourself, otherwise Carnival knows their phone number but you have to get the right person in order to get the info.

Be insistent if one person won't tell you get THEIR supervisor! That was the only way I got the answer.

If the franchise won't help let them know you will be calling the State Attorney General to report this illegal practice.

I would call Carnival customer service and explain that TODAY is your final payment date, and that if a payment is not made TODAY, the booking will cancel. Explain that your travel agent is away on a cruise, and you have no way of contacting her, and that all you want to do is make the payment so that the booking doesn't cancel. Even though you have a TA booking, under the circumstances, they should make an exception. Ask to speak to a supervisor if the customer service agent is uncooperative. Be polite, but firm and adamant.

I called customer service again and after talking to them for 30 minutes, a supervisor did an override and took my payment. Wow, that was close. They really were going to cancel our cabin. I'll think twice about using a travel agent to book a cruise again. Thanks for your help.

I called customer service again and after talking to them for 30 minutes, a supervisor did an override and took my payment. Wow, that was close. They really were going to cancel our cabin. I'll think twice about using a travel agent to book a cruise again. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it all worked out well in the end for you!. :D We always book through the cruiseline....for reasons like this. Anyone can usually help us at anytime. No middleman to deal with!

I'm glad it worked out...if it were me I would definitely provide feedback to my TA on what I had to go through to get the payment completed.

That was pure luck! Once your TA gets back, give them an earful - they should be giving you some perks for the stress and your time!

Our cruise is 9/22 and final payment is due 7/24. Ours is only a 5 night cruise though, so the final payment might be different than a longer cruise.

This is the first time, well first in a long time, that I have booked directly with Carnival. It is super easy to go in and make a payment on your cruise online and I highly recommend it. I have made several small payments on paydays and you don't even feel it coming out of your acct. :D

I concur, booking through Carnival has many more

advantages then a Travel Agent. You can not always

get in touch with your TA. You can always get someone

@ Carnival, and all you need is your booking # and

anyone can help you!!

And paying online is so simple, even a caveman can do it!!

Our cruise is 9/22 and final payment is due 7/24. Ours is only a 5 night cruise though, so the final payment might be different than a longer cruise.

This is the first time, well first in a long time, that I have booked directly with Carnival. It is super easy to go in and make a payment on your cruise online and I highly recommend it. I have made several small payments on paydays and you don't even feel it coming out of your acct. :D

Archived