Carnival Email Survey - Mobile, AL?

lucigo

So are we to assume this survey was only sent to previous Mobile cruisers or just random Carnival customers? I certainly hope something is reported soon if this is a possibility. I am always looking to book my next cruise.

I'm not sure how they decided who would get a survey. I have cruised out of Mobile four different times. I'm coming up on my 10th Carnival cruise in December. I'm glad I got to participate in the survey and I hope this is a sign that Carnival is interested in putting a ship back in Mobile.

I'm not sure how they decided who would get a survey. I have cruised out of Mobile four different times. I'm coming up on my 10th Carnival cruise in December. I'm glad I got to participate in the survey and I hope this is a sign that Carnival is interested in putting a ship back in Mobile.

I believe I am up to 11 sailings out of Mobile. No email yet. My opinion might be a bit biased.:D

Dave

I believe I am up to 11 sailings out of Mobile. No email yet. My opinion might be a bit biased.:D

Dave[

Dave, I think your opinion should be considered since you have sailed out Mobile many, many times. You know the port pretty well by now.

I think Carnival should send a survey to you, too.

I did not get the survey, but I am not the target group as live on the west coast. I have sailed from Mobile and would do it in a heartbeat again. I flew to TN and drove to Mobile with my DS for a sisters' cruise. I found Mobile to be an wonderful town and much to offer. I agree a little variety to the ports would be wonderful.

Flying adds too much $$$ to a family vacation. We may have to pass on cruising for a bit unitl the West Coast opens back up (CL is closing the weekly 7 Mexico cruise as of Feb 2013). My guess there are many like me in the range of Mobile that have chosen other types of vacations as driving was no longer a viable option.

I would love a ship in Mobile. It would be my closest port. Never sailed out of Mobile when there was a ship there because I could always cruise on a bigger ship (Triumph) out of N.O. for far less money. It was always worthwhile for me to drive the extra 2 hours to save money.

Mobile ship? Yes, but keep the pricing competitive with N.O. sailings. And some different Western ports! Coz & Progreso gets old!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Really??? I always found just the opposite as for cost.

Whole heartedly agree with the ports getting changed at times.

Bring Back Calica.

We sailed out of Mobile 3 times and loved it. It is about the same distance as New Orleans and Galveston from our home, plus it is so much easier to navigate than NO.

We have been to Calica 3 times and was really mad when the port was dropped. I would take Calica or Progreso over Costa Maya any day.

As for me, I would prefer Costa Maya, Calica, then Progresso. Just my .02. Only went to CM once pre storm and met some really dear friends on the beach there. SO, I am biased I guess.

The mistakes that Mobile made last time were financially ridiculous.

I mean who spends 18 million dollars to buy a terminal, they can not afford, without any cruise line under long term contract????

I agree totally! Financially ridiculous is being nice. I certainly hope the people of Mobile fixed this issue.

As for our family and friends... We would LOVE to see another ship in Mobile. Always found a nice room at a reasonable price and nice folks in the area. We sailed from there 8 times.

As for our trips out of NOLA now. We stop back in Hammond and drive on in. Not interested in visiting downtown NOLA.

NOLA and Mobile are both about 6 hours from our home. Much prefer the trips out of Mobile and we did several!!

Send me the survey please!! I did just go check my email to see if one was there. Even checked my spam folder.;)

I live about 1.5 hours from the Mobile port. Loved going out of Mobile. such an easy port to use. Have two cruises booked now out of New Orleans. Just hate having to spend the extra money for expensive hotel rooms in NO. It cuts back on money I would use on the cruise. I am out $500 before getting on the cruise for food and a nite in NO. That is money I would have used on the ship. Mobile gets my Vote. Carnival please bring back the port of Mobile!

It would also be nice if they did the 5-5-4-7 day rotations. That would open up the ability to go further to more ports such as Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize, Jamaica, Key West, Grand Cayman etc.

I am all for it!!

I did not receive the survey but most likely would choose Mobile over NOLA. I hated! sailing down the Mississippi due to the rocking. I don't choose my cruise because of the party atmosphere.

I choose to cruise based on ease/cost to get to port and/or ship and destination.

Sometimes ship wins and sometimes destination and sometimes port.

We have sailed from Mobile 3x and 1x from NOLA.

Ship matters probably over port. For example we could easily sail from PC but would choose a different 3-5 day cruise instead because my teen dislikes EOF. (Fantasy class - except ELation and Paradise).

Sadly, :rolleyes: We are only cruising once this year because we can't easily get to another port besides PC and don't have time for 7 days (Dream).

It's a shame they have not been more creative with the Ecstasy's itineraries. When The Elation was doing 4 and 5 day cruises out of PC, some of the itineraries included Grand Turk. But they probably would not add Grand Turk to the itineraries now a days because of high fuel costs.

I guess one of the problems with Port Canaveral is it is up north just enough to make it difficult to go to ports other than the Bahamas in a 4/5 day's span.

I do however think it would be possible to do a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Key West/HMC/Nassau/Freeport. But then again it would be a whole lot costlier than jut staying in the Bahamas.

The problem with PC is why choose another Fantasy class ship! It was a dumb move to put Sensation's twin in port with her. If they had put the Conquest or some other medium size ship so you had three ship choices that would have made it a wise move.

I said it was dumb when they announced it. I would love to choose one of the 4-5 itineraries they offer but would rather drive to Miami from PC to choose a different ship!

I live almost dead center between New Orleans and Mobile and would choose Mobile any day for starting a cruise. Much easier to get in and out of than New Orleans and they used to go both to the same ports with basically the same class ships. I also got the survey and give my endorsement to bring a ship back to Mobile.

Reporter15, what I got was an email link to the survey on the Carnival site. I gather it was by invitation only.

We cruised once out of Mobile on the Fantasy. Once was enough.Mobile was the most FUBAR port I ever sailed out of. We also spent 2 nights post cruise downtown at the historic Malaga Inn. I was expecting a mini Charleston or Savannah experience. If I had to sum up Mobile in one word, it would be DIRTY. We have been there, done that, and see no need to ever return.

I'm a local TV reporter. Can someone copy and paste or send me the email survey? I'd like to look at it. Thanks!

http://carnival.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5goGFrOoLm1E7cN&mrd=15208248&m=bm

While you are at it.....could you please give some press to the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 (yes 1886) that needs to be revoked?

The PVSA is part of the Jones Act (the Jones Act deals with cargo...but a lot of people call it that)....that is stopping some wonderful 3/4 day cruises to Galveston, Key West and Tampa from Mobile....

We cruised once out of Mobile on the Fantasy. Once was enough.Mobile was the most FUBAR port I ever sailed out of. We also spent 2 nights post cruise downtown at the historic Malaga Inn. I was expecting a mini Charleston or Savannah experience. If I had to sum up Mobile in one word, it would be DIRTY. We have been there, done that, and see no need to ever return.

Mobile does have some issues with folks who fly in. It is way to expensive to get to and from that airport and there is a sad lack of taxis (even at that price).

However, since we drive in, we stay across the Bay and it is very nice over there.

It may also have something to do with the new fuel regulations that i read about on another thread. They would be able to clear the 200 mile area and switch to the cheaper fuel quicker than from some ports.

I love the city of Mobile and would sail out it in a heartbeat. While I really like NOLA there are some great things about Mobile as well. Before Carnival moved out of Mobile I was thinking about a few days at Orange beach and then a short cruise out of Mobile. So Carnival come on back to Mobile. :D

Mobile is not nearly as dirty as New Orleans. Have you ever walked around the French Quarter early in the morning. The smell of urine, vomit, garbage and horse/mule feces is overwhelming. I love NOLA but it is far from clean.

I've never stayed at the Malaga Inn. You would have done better to stay either at the Battle House or the Renaissance Riverview Hotel. Both beautiful hotels. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown and the Hampton Inn downtown, both very nice hotels. I don't know what part of Mobile you visited but the parts of downtown we have explored seem very historic and worth exploring.

As you mentioned you cruised once out of this port on the Fantasy. Well I've cruised four times out of Mobile and it was a smooth experience for me each of the four times we cruised. Maybe you just happen to be their when they had a bad day. That can happen any where at any port.

If Mobile is fortunate enough to get another ship, I challenge you to give Mobile another try.

And how does that compare to you against downtown NOLA???:rolleyes:

It seems that having access to that link allows anyone to participate in the survey.

Why yes it does as I just did.;)

Archived