Anytime Dining Question

conradcrow

Not sure about the set dining time if you can control table size but if you do sny time dining you can request a table for two. Although a table for two isn't so much a table for two because you have other tables no more than a foot or 2 away. There is no privacy because you are so close to the other tables that you can hear everything the other couple is saying without even trying to be nosey.

It is my understanding that when you have booked a set dining time you cannot guarantee a table size. However, if I booked any time dining could I get a table for 2 every night?

I noticed on my last cruise when I enjoyed anytime dining, that there were a lot of tables for 2. There were some booths for 4 as well, and a few tables of six further back. I had no trouble getting table for 2 each night, and even got the same great wait staff. I did however arrive fairly early, between 6pm and 6.30pm, and never a problem or a wait.

Just based on the number of tables for 2, as to others, I think you wont have a problem, there just might be some busier times so there could be a slight wait. I really like anytime dining now, and cant imagine going back to set time. Have a great cruise.:)

Not sure about the set dining time if you can control table size but if you do sny time dining you can request a table for two. Although a table for two isn't so much a table for two because you have other tables no more than a foot or 2 away. There is no privacy because you are so close to the other tables that you can hear everything the other couple is saying without even trying to be nosey.

dont they play music or somthing in the background to help this problem? I am going on my first cruise soon but could see not liking cruising very much if this is the case LOL

We never had to wait more then 10 minutes for our table for 2 on the Pride. There was plenty of room between our table

and others especially when we asked for a table next to the rail overlooking the lower dining level. Great view.

On Fascination we asked for a table for 4. We waited for 15 minutes once.

We got an apology and chocolate strawberries in our cabin that night and so did our kids. Wow!:) Great service.

We chose anytime dining for our next cruise, but we don't really like to dine alone. Can you go in and just say we would like to be seated with others, and if so how long a wait will you have. DH wants to do this because while I am always on the computer, because my job is phone and talking all day I actually rarely speak. and he enjoys talking with new people and hearing new tales.:)

It is my understanding that when you have booked a set dining time you cannot guarantee a table size. However, if I booked any time dining could I get a table for 2 every night?

While you cannot gaurantee the table size with traditional dining, you can go see the maitre d on the first day and make a request. He cannot always give you a table for two, but they do when they can.

It must depend on the ship. We've done YTD only on Spirit-class and our table wasn't that close to anyone else's. We were across a walkway from the nearest table and couldn't hear them. The other tables near us were behind us. No issues at all with privacy.

We were just on the Legend and except for the first night when we were seated with some very nice people, we had a table for 2 every other night. But the wait to get into the dining room was a line out the hall, thru the lounge and out into the photo are I think it was. Happened every night no matter what time we chose to get in line. I hated it.

Not sure about the assigned seating but I have never been sooooo rushed thru a meal in my life. Way too fast.

Does anyone know how close together the tables for 2 are on the Triumph in the anytime dining section?

There are two private tables near the railing. The rest are about 6 inches apart.

We chose anytime dining for our next cruise, but we don't really like to dine alone. Can you go in and just say we would like to be seated with others, and if so how long a wait will you have. DH wants to do this because while I am always on the computer, because my job is phone and talking all day I actually rarely speak. and he enjoys talking with new people and hearing new tales.:)

On the Spirit and the Valor, when DW and I approached the hostess, we were asked if we would like a table for two or if we would like to share a table for four with another couple. Had a couple private dinners and also met a few really nice couples.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

On Dream the tables for two are only a couple of inches apart. There are three sets of tables for two in a row. It's almost like being late for dinner in that each table will probably be at a different stage of dining.

We had the middle table one night and the table on one side was on the entree, the other was on dessert. It was very uncomfortable. Everything that was said by either table was heard by us.

If we wanted the same wait staff, we had to wait, if we would just use anyone, normally, no wait. Our next time on Dream, we are going back to late seating.

Archived