Balcony furniture on Island Princess

shofer

We were on the Coral in 2007 and had a great balcony with comfortable furniture. Just off the Grand in February and the balcony furniture was this crappy mesh chair which did recline but there were no foot stools and a minute table.

Having booked a BF guarantee to Alaska next May and wondering if Princess has replaced all the balcony loungers with this cheap, uncomfortable stuff.

Sue

Depending on the age of the ship, it may or may not have been replaced. There are over 27,000 chairs on the balconies of the Princess fleet. They seem to be focusing on replacing the older furniture first. (which makes a certain sense)

That said, based on complaints, when the current supply of the "new" stuff is gone, they will probably use a different replacement. Reports are the new, not so nice stuff, is already falling apart.

We were on the Coral in 2007 and had a great balcony with comfortable furniture. Just off the Grand in February and the balcony furniture was this crappy mesh chair which did recline but there were no foot stools and a minute table.

Having booked a BF guarantee to Alaska next May and wondering if Princess has replaced all the balcony loungers with this cheap, uncomfortable stuff.

Sue

We booked a BG GTY on the Island in April & received a BB cabin on Aloha deck aft. It was 2 of the older chairs with a low small table which we used as a footrest. If I wanted to spend a long time on our balcony, I had to sit on folded pool towels. :(

We booked a BG GTY on the Island in April & received a BB cabin on Aloha deck aft. It was 2 of the older chairs with a low small table which we used as a footrest. If I wanted to spend a long time on our balcony, I had to sit on folded pool towels. :(

Thank you(!!!!!) for not using a bed pillow!

What do you suppose happened to all the GOOD "old" stuff? That's what we had on the Golden in December - wonderful! When we cruised on the Star in April it was the UNCOMFORTABLE "new" furniture. Just wonder where the perfectly fine old furniture went. Hate waste!

Thank you(!!!!!) for not using a bed pillow!

Yuck!!!! :eek: I hope that others don't use pillows for a seat cushion!!! :eek:

I have an inflatable seat cushion that I use on flights so may have to resort to using that covered with a pool towel for the new balcony furniture. :p

Archived